NMNNMN for liver fibrosis

Mama2boys

NMN for liver fibrosis

Post by Mama2boys »

I have seen several studies out there for rodents suggesting that NMN could attenuate or potentially reverse liver fibrosis, or enhance regeneration.  Has anyone had experience with NMN doing this in humans?  I'm dealing with liver issues as a result of some toxicity issues.  The source of the toxin has been removed, but the liver still seems in overdrive repair mechanism, creating excessive scar tissue.  Since the liver is a highly regenerative organ, I'm hopeful that this could help.  I need to get this turned around so that I can be available to my boys.

I already do NAC, lipo glutathione, milk thistle, and turmeric, as well as run 3-4 miles a day and a clean diet, much along the lines of Wahls Protocol.

I appreciate everyone's experiences here.  So much hope in the new science of the longevity field.

NewLifeScience

Re: NMN for liver fibrosis

Post by NewLifeScience »

Well in my lay-research, it seems to me that the liver is one of the most recuperative organs in our body, once the agent attacking it is removed or stopped. 

Also NMN and fasting are ways to clear out bad cells in our bodies. Also senolytics like Fisetin do the same thing. Since NMN raises NAD+ in our bodies, it definitely would be boosting the recuperative processes at a minimum.

Also, I know fibrosis seems serious, but if you have avoided Cirrhosis , i think time is on your side.

I have also seen the milk thistle studies and i take it a few times a week myself.

I can cite at least one study that supports NAD+ link to addressing fibrosis.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31195117/

OMillsPA

Post by OMillsPA »

4 and 1/2 years ago the doctor told me to quick drinking or die.  So I quit drinking.  He wanted me to see a cancer doctor.  I decided to just change my eating, stopped drinking, and began exercising.  My liver and blood work has gotten better every semi-annual test since then.  At my last visit in October, the doctor said my results were as good as they could be.  I ate salads, did milk thistle for a while and have been on NMN for a year now.  So your liver can heal if you treat it right.  Good luck.  It takes discipline to change, but it is worth it.  (I also had two of my very good friends from high school die 4 years ago months apart from liver cancer.   One found out too late, the other was unable to change.)

Newage

Post by Newage »

OMillsPA wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:31 pm 4 and 1/2 years ago the doctor told me to quick drinking or die.  So I quit drinking.  He wanted me to see a cancer doctor.  I decided to just change my eating, stopped drinking, and began exercising.  My liver and blood work has gotten better every semi-annual test since then.  At my last visit in October, the doctor said my results were as good as they could be.  I ate salads, did milk thistle for a while and have been on NMN for a year now.  So your liver can heal if you treat it right.  Good luck.  It takes discipline to change, but it is worth it.  (I also had two of my very good friends from high school die 4 years ago months apart from liver cancer.   One found out too late, the other was unable to change.)

Good for you OMillsPA. Sometimes it takes a jolt or scare to make you want to turn your life around by way of improved lifestyle..
Sorry to hear about your school friends but sometimes all the urging and good advice given  is to no avail.   :roll:

Newage

Post by Newage »

Mama2boys wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:03 pm I have seen several studies out there for rodents suggesting that NMN could attenuate or potentially reverse liver fibrosis, or enhance regeneration.  Has anyone had experience with NMN doing this in humans?  I'm dealing with liver issues as a result of some toxicity issues.  The source of the toxin has been removed, but the liver still seems in overdrive repair mechanism, creating excessive scar tissue.  Since the liver is a highly regenerative organ, I'm hopeful that this could help.  I need to get this turned around so that I can be available to my boys.

I already do NAC, lipo glutathione, milk thistle, and turmeric, as well as run 3-4 miles a day and a clean diet, much along the lines of Wahls Protocol.

I appreciate everyone's experiences here.  So much hope in the new science of the longevity field.

I think you are on the right track Mama2boys and welcome to the forum. ABS NMN and NAD+ have a big positive bearing on the Vascular System so a flow on effect to benefit the liver and other organs would be feasible. I have been told on numerous occasions by Ultrasound Clinics after testing that I have the arteries of a 35 year old as opposed to the normal results of an old guy.
Not knowing what the toxicity issues were and the extent of the liver damage that occurred leaves a bit of a grey area but I think you are giving your liver every chance for it to rejuvenate as best it can.. Good luck and monitor the forum for what may well be beneficial advice. Keep in mind to run everything past your Medical Professional to be on the safe side... 

Mama2boys

Post by Mama2boys »

The toxicity issues were high vitamin A, based on the poor recommendations of a ND.  I've stopped that, but know that no vitamin A hasn't completely turned the issue around.  From my research, excess vitamin A essentially shortens telomeres, causing excessive aging and inflammation of the cells.  This is why I'm looking at the NAD.  I also know I feel better when I exercise, sauna, eat a high antioxidant diet (loads of berries, clean protein, high quality fresh fish--mostly smaller river trout, lots or cruciferous veggies to boost liver).  I do try to steer clear of things excessively high in VA, like sweet potatoes, liver, and dairy.

I currently also take a high quality alpha lipoic acid and B vitamins.

Thanks for all the encouraging words.
michaeljkelly

Post by michaeljkelly »

You may want to look at an older posting, where members did a fair bit of research about the process where telomeres can actually be lengthened.

https://alivebyscience.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=2001&hilit=melatonin+telomeres
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

All good advise from everyone. As mentioned already, fasting several times per week and doing the Fisetin protocol with living a clean lifestyle, the liver can regenerate. Our livers take a beating with all the things we eat and take supplement wise. 
Mama2boys

Post by Mama2boys »

What is the fisetin protocol you're referring to?  I'm familiar with its role with senescent cells, but it sounds like you're referring to a specific regimen.

I also have subclinical hyperthyroid, which does not make me a great candidate for fasting because my metabolism is usually faster than most (though the liver issues complicate this).  I find that I can do days of intermittent fasting (usually eating an early dinner or skipping dinner), but I need breakfast most.  Maybe my circadian rhythm also plays into this.

Thanks again all for your support and encouragement.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Mama2boys wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:16 am What is the fisetin protocol you're referring to?  I'm familiar with its role with senescent cells, but it sounds like you're referring to a specific regimen.

I also have subclinical hyperthyroid, which does not make me a great candidate for fasting because my metabolism is usually faster than most (though the liver issues complicate this).  I find that I can do days of intermittent fasting (usually eating an early dinner or skipping dinner), but I need breakfast most.  Maybe my circadian rhythm also plays into this.

Thanks again all for your support and encouragement.

Hey there Mama2boys, so the Fisetin protocol is here in this forum, just search for it and it will pop up. Mayo clinic Fisetin protocol. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic