NMNSeeking advice on NMN, Resveratrol

Lostkite

Re: Seeking advice on NMN, Resveratrol

Post by Lostkite »

I have ordered ResveraCel from Thorne Research for my mum. She’s in her early 70’s and has history of colon polyp removed, also chronic gastritis/ extremely sensitive stomach.  I am concerned about nmn/nr might encourage cancer cells to grow even if there’s no proof atm. 
Should I worry or not? What do you people think?

<Thorne research - ResveraCel>

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: Two Capsules
Servings Per Container: 30 
Two Capsules Contain%DV

Nicotinamide Riboside Hydrogen Malate415 mg*
Quercetin Phytosome (Sophora japonica) extract (flower) / Phospholipid complex from Sunflower)250 mg*
Trans-Resveratrol150 mg*
Betaine Anhydrous (Trimethyglycine)85 mg*

danielsomers

Post by danielsomers »

Lostkite wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:17 am I am concerned about nmn/nr might encourage cancer cells to grow even if there’s no proof atm. 

I think you'd have better luck starting a new thread, or doing a search for this question. As is you're adding it at the end of an unrelated thread.
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

Lostkite wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:17 am I have ordered ResveraCel from Thorne Research for my mum. She’s in her early 70’s and has history of colon polyp removed, also chronic gastritis/ extremely sensitive stomach.  I am concerned about nmn/nr might encourage cancer cells to grow even if there’s no proof atm. 

A recent study showed there is no concern about NMN or NR causing cancer.  You can read our article on this here:

https://alivebyscience.com/does-nmn-hel ... ow-faster/

Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

danielsomers wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:44 am
Lostkite wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:17 am I am concerned about nmn/nr might encourage cancer cells to grow even if there’s no proof atm. 

I think you'd have better luck starting a new thread, or doing a search for this question. As is you're adding it at the end of an unrelated thread.

Or just read this article, sums it up well.

The general view with an abundance of caution if you have an "active" cancer better to avoid NMN / NAD boosting until we see more science.

Winkyoptimus

Post by Winkyoptimus »

I'm about to embark on NMN & resveratrol and would like to ask if it's a good idea to do a test of NAD levels first so I can measure any improvement. I'm a healthy 69 year old who works out regularly.
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

Winkyoptimus wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:10 am I'm about to embark on NMN & resveratrol and would like to ask if it's a good idea to do a test of NAD levels first so I can measure any improvement. I'm a healthy 69 year old who works out regularly.

If can afford the tests, they are very helpful at determining whether the supplements are helping and how much.

Seamus

Post by Seamus »

Lostkite wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:45 am
Had to look it up. "Sinusitis is an inflammation, or swelling, of the tissue lining the sinuses.". NMN is a great supplement to deal with inflammation, as well as some of the other newer Alive by Science liposomal products. To lower inflammation, I'd take liposomal NAD+ Complete, liposomal apigenin, and liposomal fisetin or quercetin.

I don't know if there's any negative interaction with high doses of vitamin C. I doubt it but can't be sure. I don't think you'll have to give up coffee.
Apigenin from donotage is quite expensive. Maybe I would try that next year. 
I don’t think doctor can help my sinusitis so I do my own research and try different stuff. 
thank you so much.

The best natural source of Apigenin is dried Parsley, I take a handful daily.
Elder and Plantain are useful for improving the lining of the Sinus.

JanCOhio

Post by JanCOhio »

jocko6889 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:22 pm
Lostkite wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:17 am I have ordered ResveraCel from Thorne Research for my mum. She’s in her early 70’s and has history of colon polyp removed, also chronic gastritis/ extremely sensitive stomach.  I am concerned about nmn/nr might encourage cancer cells to grow even if there’s no proof atm. 

A recent study showed there is no concern about NMN or NR causing cancer.  You can read our article on this here:

I have looked into this quite thoroughly. It seems that NMN/NR/NAD+ will rejuvenate your cells and kill of senescent ones. I believe it is the senescent cells that are causing inflammation around the body and thus are the likely triggers of cancer.

Anyway I was convinced enough to start my Dad with NMN and Resveratrol several months ago. He is definitely more energetic and able to do a bit more in the yard - which is huge for him.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic