NMNSeeking advice on NMN, Resveratrol

danielsomers

Seeking advice on NMN, Resveratrol

Post by danielsomers »

I've been taking NMN and RSV for almost a month and would love some advice--recognizing, of course, that we're all experimenting and no one has the "right" answers. The crux of this is that taking multiple supplements at increasingly higher doses that are now seeming necessary is a stretch financially right now and I'm deciding whether to continue ramping up or stop and let it rest until finances change.

I've incrementally increased doses of both from 250 mg to 1 g in just the last few days, partly because I had some insomnia early on, although that's been gone for the past week or so. About 2, maybe 2.5 weeks in I had a few days where the increased energy and changed outlook or motivation was definitely noticeable, pretty great, but it didn't last--and that was at 500 mg. I'm not really noticing anything to speak of at this point, although of course I realize it could take some time for the higher dose to really be felt.

I also started taking berberine a week ago, since I have somewhat high blood sugar, just shy of technically pre-diabetic. But I've realized the quality of that is a little uncertain, and in fact same for RSV, so I'm considering another brand, along with refill of NMN--which is Alive By Science, btw. And also considering quercetin. Taking NMN sublingually in the morning, RSV in yogurt or olive oil.

So. Have others had that experience of positive effects but not lasting? I can imagine that may mean that long-term effects could still be active, but I'm just not a responder in terms of noticeable effects, in which case I'll just wait until and I can do it right and not sweat the money. But maybe I should stick with it for another month. Has anyone had similar experience? Any thoughts or suggestions?

jocko6889

Re: Seeking advice on NMN, Resveratrol

Post by jocko6889 »

danielsomers wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:32 pm I've been taking NMN and RSV for almost a month and would love some advice--recognizing, of course, that we're all experimenting and no one has the "right" answers. The crux of this is that taking multiple supplements at increasingly higher doses that are now seeming necessary is a stretch financially right now and I'm deciding whether to continue ramping up or stop and let it rest until finances change.

I've incrementally increased doses of both from 250 mg to 1 g in just the last few days, partly because I had some insomnia early on, although that's been gone for the past week or so. About 2, maybe 2.5 weeks in I had a few days where the increased energy and changed outlook or motivation was definitely noticeable, pretty great, but it didn't last--and that was at 500 mg. I'm not really noticing anything to speak of at this point, although of course I realize it could take some time for the higher dose to really be felt.

I also started taking berberine a week ago, since I have somewhat high blood sugar, just shy of technically pre-diabetic. But I've realized the quality of that is a little uncertain, and in fact same for RSV, so I'm considering another brand, along with refill of NMN--which is Alive By Science, btw. And also considering quercetin. Taking NMN sublingually in the morning, RSV in yogurt or olive oil.

So. Have others had that experience of positive effects but not lasting? I can imagine that may mean that long-term effects could still be active, but I'm just not a responder in terms of noticeable effects, in which case I'll just wait until and I can do it right and not sweat the money. But maybe I should stick with it for another month. Has anyone had similar experience? Any thoughts or suggestions?

It would help to mention exactly what you're taking as far as brand and whether capsule, powder, tablet, etc.  It's possible that some people may experience homeostasis with some of these supplements.  That is the body compensating for elevated levels by creating less of it on its own.  We know this happens in people taking supplements with low testosterone. 

Taking testosterone gel for example will eventually cause the body to begin making less on its own.  We don't know if this happens with NMN or Resveratrol, but it's possible that some might experience it.  We used to advise that if you suspect this, stop taking it on the weekends only.  Maybe that's worth a try.  You might also consider switching to the Liposomal NAD+ Complete or the Liposomal NMN.  Also there is a Liposomal Resveratrol. 

Liposomal delivery is much more efficient and will deliver more of the product to the tissues.  I take many tests for NAD+ levels after trying various products and the liposomal is always best at elevating my NAD+ levels, even to levels of a 20 year old.  I haven't tested whether the level remains high after 6 months to a year yet but after several months it's still very good.

Certainly the test for increased energy would be how much more productive you are during the day.  You won't necessarily "feel" that much different, such as a clearer head after coffee or something of that nature.  You'll just get more work done, in my opinion.  I hope that the price for the NAD+ tests come down enough so that it will be possible to do these tests on a regular basis.  That would certainly answer a lot of these questions.

Lostkite

Post by Lostkite »

Looking for advice. 

I want to try nmn. Can I take it with high dose of vitamin C, about 6000mg every day ?

So I am planning to take nmn first thing in the morning and a little breakfast like some nuts or fruits with cup of black coffee then 3000mg of vitamin C, omega3, queracetin, bromelain.  
Another 3000mg in the evening after full dinner. 
I am try to improve my chronic sinusitis. Is this a good idea? Do I have to give up my coffee?

LiveLong

Post by LiveLong »

Definitely. I've been taking NMN for three months. 250, felt good for a week or two, then back to where I started. 500, good for a week or two, back to where I started in terms of energy. 750, same. 

I've felt a noticeable increase in libido, and I'm looking better, so the NMN is accomplishing some things. 

But the feeling good for a week or two, then back to original energy has been there each increment for me as well.

Either homeostasis is real, some people need a higher dose, or some people need liposomal.

As soon as liposomal is back in stock I'm on it. 
danielsomers

Post by danielsomers »

jocko688 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:32 am
Great, thanks for the thoughtful reply. I'm taking powder NMN sublingually, and Dr's Best resveratrol, in either yogurt or olive oil--I think I'll get some more reliable resv, also micronized. Cycling with a couple of days off sounds like a good experiment, and also trying liposomal.
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

+LiveLong wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:56 pm But the feeling good for a week or two, then back to original energy has been there each increment for me as well.

Welcome to the wonderful world of biohacking!  It can be frustrating but in regards to whether homeostasis is sort of "throwing away" the gains in NAD+ through supplementation, I don't think it is, at least not entirely. 

As I mentioned in previous posts, I've been doing a lot of testing of my NAD+ levels with various NAD+ boosters from Alive by Science over months and so far the levels have remained very good.  I can't account for the difference in "feeling" when you first start taking it versus two or three weeks later, though. 

I had an interesting experience testing levels of NAD+ in a competitor's NR product, which I thought probably didn't work.  After being on it for a month, though the tests showed a nice level of NAD+ in my body, although not as good as the ABS Lipo NMN.  It surprised me because I didn't "feel" it and I actually felt a bit lethargic the whole month.  So there must be something sparking energy levels in the initial process that we don't yet understand.  It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. 

I plan on taking a consistent dose of the Alive by Science Liposomal NAD+ Complete for 6 months with testing along the way to see if NAD levels remain high.  I will report progress along the way.

jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

danielsomers wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:17 pm Cycling with a couple of days off sounds like a good experiment, and also trying liposomal.

That sounds like a good plan.  Let us know how you do.

jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

Lostkite wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:12 am Looking for advice. 

I want to try nmn. Can I take it with high dose of vitamin C, about 6000mg every day ?

So I am planning to take nmn first thing in the morning and a little breakfast like some nuts or fruits with cup of black coffee then 3000mg of vitamin C, omega3, queracetin, bromelain.  
Another 3000mg in the evening after full dinner. 
I am try to improve my chronic sinusitis. Is this a good idea? Do I have to give up my coffee?

Had to look it up.  "Sinusitis is an inflammation, or swelling, of the tissue lining the sinuses.".  NMN is a great supplement to deal with inflammation, as well as some of the other newer Alive by Science liposomal products.  To lower inflammation, I'd take liposomal NAD+ Complete, liposomal apigenin, and liposomal fisetin or quercetin. 

I don't know if there's any negative interaction with high doses of vitamin C.  I doubt it but can't be sure.  I don't think you'll have to give up coffee.

Lostkite

Post by Lostkite »

Had to look it up. "Sinusitis is an inflammation, or swelling, of the tissue lining the sinuses.". NMN is a great supplement to deal with inflammation, as well as some of the other newer Alive by Science liposomal products. To lower inflammation, I'd take liposomal NAD+ Complete, liposomal apigenin, and liposomal fisetin or quercetin.

I don't know if there's any negative interaction with high doses of vitamin C. I doubt it but can't be sure. I don't think you'll have to give up coffee.
Apigenin from donotage is quite expensive. Maybe I would try that next year. 
I don’t think doctor can help my sinusitis so I do my own research and try different stuff. 

thank you so much. 
LiveLong

Post by LiveLong »

jocko6889 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:27 am
+LiveLong wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:56 pm But the feeling good for a week or two, then back to original energy has been there each increment for me as well.

Welcome to the wonderful world of biohacking!  It can be frustrating but in regards to whether homeostasis is sort of "throwing away" the gains in NAD+ through supplementation, I don't think it is, at least not entirely. 

As I mentioned in previous posts, I've been doing a lot of testing of my NAD+ levels with various NAD+ boosters from Alive by Science over months and so far the levels have remained very good.  I can't account for the difference in "feeling" when you first start taking it versus two or three weeks later, though. 

I had an interesting experience testing levels of NAD+ in a competitor's NR product, which I thought probably didn't work.  After being on it for a month, though the tests showed a nice level of NAD+ in my body, although not as good as the ABS Lipo NMN.  It surprised me because I didn't "feel" it and I actually felt a bit lethargic the whole month.  So there must be something sparking energy levels in the initial process that we don't yet understand.  It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. 

I plan on taking a consistent dose of the Alive by Science Liposomal NAD+ Complete for 6 months with testing along the way to see if NAD levels remain high.  I will report progress along the way.

liposomal v regular

some people do a lot better on liposomal, granted this guy started taking apigenin as well, and maybe his liposomal dose per bioavailability was higher than his regular dose 

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic