NMNNMN dosage

jhoff909

Re: NMN dosage

Post by jhoff909 »

jocko6889 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:19 am
jhoff909 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:20 am
jocko6889 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:42 pm
"the study suggests that subsequent efficacy trials should use NMN regimens of 1000 mg or higher. Doses less than 1000 mg of NMN were not shown to consistently raise NAD+ levels in healthy volunteers, and several recently completed clinical trials used NMN doses much lower than this."

https://www.nmn.com/news/nmn-tablet-blo ... els-humans

Thanks - interesting.  I think I'm gonna stick with 500mg (4 tabs) per day of what I have for now.  I have a relative that's an ER Doc up in Vancover BC that's doing a bunch of research and is gonna "advise" us once he's back from his month long vacation :)  And he's doing a bit of experimentation on himself as well that he's gonna report on.  

So far, (4 days) I may have noticed that I'm a bit more alert but it's not obvious.  My resting heart rate is a bit (1-2 points) higher than normal and if I don't take it early in the day, my sleeping heart rate is definitely higher.  And I don't sleep as "deeply".  I have a Fitbit Sense that gives me data.  Last 3 days I've been taking 2 as soon as I wake up and 2 more a couple of hours later - before noon for sure.

If one wanted to add Metformin, how does one get a prescription?  Or is it available online somehow?

Any idea if one can get into one of the clinical trials?  I'm already in an RSV vaccine study (Pfizer) so likely I can't until that's over.

500mg per day is still a healthy dose.  At some point, you may want to work your way up to 1,000mg just for comparison and to see if you have more energy.  Your body may adjust after a week or so and you may start sleeping more soundly, but it's possible it may not either.

You do need a script for Metformin through your local doc.  We sell a liposomal Berberine, though that works the same way.  No script needed.

Thanks, I'll read up on Berberine.  You said "we sell..." - do you work for Renue?

jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

jhoff909 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:35 pm
jhoff909 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:20 am

Thanks - interesting.  I think I'm gonna stick with 500mg (4 tabs) per day of what I have for now.  I have a relative that's an ER Doc up in Vancover BC that's doing a bunch of research and is gonna "advise" us once he's back from his month long vacation :)  And he's doing a bit of experimentation on himself as well that he's gonna report on.  

So far, (4 days) I may have noticed that I'm a bit more alert but it's not obvious.  My resting heart rate is a bit (1-2 points) higher than normal and if I don't take it early in the day, my sleeping heart rate is definitely higher.  And I don't sleep as "deeply".  I have a Fitbit Sense that gives me data.  Last 3 days I've been taking 2 as soon as I wake up and 2 more a couple of hours later - before noon for sure.

If one wanted to add Metformin, how does one get a prescription?  Or is it available online somehow?

Any idea if one can get into one of the clinical trials?  I'm already in an RSV vaccine study (Pfizer) so likely I can't until that's over.

500mg per day is still a healthy dose.  At some point, you may want to work your way up to 1,000mg just for comparison and to see if you have more energy.  Your body may adjust after a week or so and you may start sleeping more soundly, but it's possible it may not either.

You do need a script for Metformin through your local doc.  We sell a liposomal Berberine, though that works the same way.  No script needed.

Thanks, I'll read up on Berberine.  You said "we sell..." - do you work for Renue?

Yes I do.

jhoff909

Post by jhoff909 »

jocko6889 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:40 pm

Yes I do.

I see Renue's Berberine is 150mg and you're to take 1 daily.  From my reading, that's about 1/10 or so of the usual dosage?  How much do folks take?
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

jhoff909 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:02 pm
jocko6889 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:40 pm

Yes I do.

I see Renue's Berberine is 150mg and you're to take 1 daily.  From my reading, that's about 1/10 or so of the usual dosage?  How much do folks take?

Side effect determine whether you can up the dose.  Just like Metformin, many have trouble (at least initially) with cramps or loose stools.  It's recommended to go slow at first, taking 1 per day and if you're not having side effects or the side effects go away after awhile, go to 2 then maybe 3 per day.  Liposomal is about 3-5x more bioavailable than ordinary berberine, so you won't need as much.

vauss88

Post by vauss88 »

This study in mice indicates a potential 600 percent increase in bioavailability for liposomal berberine.Berberine-loaded liposomes for oral delivery: Preparation, physicochemical characterization and in-vivo evaluation in an endogenous hyperlipidemic animal modelhttps://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35104597/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic