NMNNMN dosage

jhoff909

NMN dosage

Post by jhoff909 »

Hi,
I've been reading David Sinclair's book along with some other family members and have purchased the NMN tablets.  I see the serving size is 2 tabs and that I should take 2 tabs, 2x per day?  And just take them every day?  I'm a 60 yr old male and am in good shape and until recently exercised every day (30+ mins on Peloton bike daily, bouldering at a local climbing gym 1x per week but was gonna ramp; it up...).  I currently have a broken ankle - result of climbing :(
Thanks!
Jerry

jocko6889

Re: NMN dosage

Post by jocko6889 »

jhoff909 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:31 pm Hi,
I've been reading David Sinclair's book along with some other family members and have purchased the NMN tablets.  I see the serving size is 2 tabs and that I should take 2 tabs, 2x per day?  And just take them every day?  I'm a 60 yr old male and am in good shape and until recently exercised every day (30+ mins on Peloton bike daily, bouldering at a local climbing gym 1x per week but was gonna ramp; it up...).  I currently have a broken ankle - result of climbing :(
Thanks!
Jerry

Sorry to hear about your ankle.  In my opinion you don't need to break it up.  You can take 4 tablets in the morning, which is 500mg.  See how you feel.  Many are taking 1,000mg per day with good results.  Best of luck and let us know how you do.

jhoff909

Post by jhoff909 »

jocko6889 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:46 pm
jhoff909 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:31 pm Hi,
Thanks!
Jerry

Sorry to hear about your ankle.  In my opinion you don't need to break it up.  You can take 4 tablets in the morning, which is 500mg.  See how you feel.  Many are taking 1,000mg per day with good results.  Best of luck and let us know how you do.

Thanks - it is what it is.  First broken bone ever so I figure I'm doing well.

I was expecting to take 2 tabs per day - looking at the product page on the website - https://renuebyscience.com/product/nmns ... tablets-2/ - the label has changed?  So how will I know I'm taking enough?  Too much?

Pickleball101

Post by Pickleball101 »

Jerry,
You came to the right place, Guys older than 60, Grey or no hair always offer the best advice. What do we have to loose? It's pay back time.
My adventure with NMN has been a 4 year ongoing quest to get the best results, for my advancing age. Like you, I attacked Aging on a multiple plane, of Keto nutrition, surge type exercise to breathlessness, and NMN. The last part is where I know what I'm getting. NMN sl has a peak from Dr. Sinclars lab research of about 4 hours after taking, and about a 35-45 minute rise in the bloodstream initially. So I plan on getting my best Pickleball play with this in mind. It also has a blood vessel relaxing effect to allow pumping of more blood for cognitive clarity, as well as stamina.
You'll discover these things in your own unique body to tweak. Additional benefits are controlling glucose levels, and in my case, lowering my hyper tension over time. Taking a lot for quick results, like a drug, doesn't work. What you are doing is replenishing the bodies natural levels to youthful levels of earlier times, and allowing IT to control the restoration and long term benefits.
I also limit intake no later than 4pm to avoid insomnia from this higher stamina level. Good luck and post your own results for us White hairs to benefit from, for we are the most beneficial, from lower levels of NMN to replace from aging.

Pickleball101, Ben 81. NAD+Complete, daily AM. 250 mg NMNsl/NAD , 800 mg Resveratrol added before Pickleball play. 150 mg NAD Nasal boost for advanced play demand.
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

jhoff909 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:42 pm Thanks - it is what it is.  First broken bone ever so I figure I'm doing well.

I was expecting to take 2 tabs per day - looking at the product page on the website - https://renuebyscience.com/product/nmns ... tablets-2/ - the label has changed?  So how will I know I'm taking enough?  Too much?

A recent study by Sinclair's company, MetroBioTech stated that all studies should be using at least 1,000mg of NMN in order to show decent results.  I think 1,000mg is a good dose, but I leave it to others to decide for themselves judging by how they feel.  That's such an individual thing that you really can't say what works best for someone else.

jhoff909

Post by jhoff909 »

jocko6889 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:06 pm
jhoff909 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:42 pm Thanks - it is what it is.  First broken bone ever so I figure I'm doing well.

A recent study by Sinclair's company, MetroBioTech stated that all studies should be using at least 1,000mg of NMN in order to show decent results.  I think 1,000mg is a good dose, but I leave it to others to decide for themselves judging by how they feel.  That's such an individual thing that you really can't say what works best for someone else.

Can you link to the study?

Pickleball101

Post by Pickleball101 »

Hjoff909, Jocko's right. When I first started taking the powder NMN almost 4 years ago in capsule form, I wasn't getting much response, so being a daring do Pickleball player, I broke the capsules and dumped the contents under my tongue, having the same effect as the later offered  NMN sl product, of more entry directly into the blood stream than gut. Play and stamina improved, so I added NAD+ the same way, and found my uptake on the ball improved dramatically. I have also evolved into a Bi Sleep pattern of 2 hours after heavy Pickleball play , in the afternoons, with a full sleep pattern later until 5-6 am. I've learned to take my dosages in the morning, to avoid insomnia from later hi stamina day periods.
I have also doubled my dosages in the past for tournament play, from 500mg to 750-1000mg NMN sl/ NAD+ with little improvement. So when the LIPO products came out, I've found a hybrid of NAD+Complete LIPO / day is my base , and I add NMNsl/NAD+ to boost my stamina and performance when needed on those days. Since you're just starting to replenish your lifelong diminishing levels since probably 30,you may need more of a higher dosage now than me after my 4 years of replenishment. Like Jockco says, we all have different bodies and needs. Buenas Suerte, and let us know what's working best for you, and why.
Ben, Pickleball101

jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

jhoff909 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:15 am

"the study suggests that subsequent efficacy trials should use NMN regimens of 1000 mg or higher. Doses less than 1000 mg of NMN were not shown to consistently raise NAD+ levels in healthy volunteers, and several recently completed clinical trials used NMN doses much lower than this."

https://www.nmn.com/news/nmn-tablet-blo ... els-humans

jhoff909

Post by jhoff909 »

jocko6889 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:42 pm

"the study suggests that subsequent efficacy trials should use NMN regimens of 1000 mg or higher. Doses less than 1000 mg of NMN were not shown to consistently raise NAD+ levels in healthy volunteers, and several recently completed clinical trials used NMN doses much lower than this."

Thanks - interesting.  I think I'm gonna stick with 500mg (4 tabs) per day of what I have for now.  I have a relative that's an ER Doc up in Vancover BC that's doing a bunch of research and is gonna "advise" us once he's back from his month long vacation :)  And he's doing a bit of experimentation on himself as well that he's gonna report on.  

So far, (4 days) I may have noticed that I'm a bit more alert but it's not obvious.  My resting heart rate is a bit (1-2 points) higher than normal and if I don't take it early in the day, my sleeping heart rate is definitely higher.  And I don't sleep as "deeply".  I have a Fitbit Sense that gives me data.  Last 3 days I've been taking 2 as soon as I wake up and 2 more a couple of hours later - before noon for sure.

If one wanted to add Metformin, how does one get a prescription?  Or is it available online somehow?

Any idea if one can get into one of the clinical trials?  I'm already in an RSV vaccine study (Pfizer) so likely I can't until that's over.
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

jhoff909 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:20 am
jocko6889 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:42 pm

Thanks - interesting.  I think I'm gonna stick with 500mg (4 tabs) per day of what I have for now.  I have a relative that's an ER Doc up in Vancover BC that's doing a bunch of research and is gonna "advise" us once he's back from his month long vacation :)  And he's doing a bit of experimentation on himself as well that he's gonna report on.  

So far, (4 days) I may have noticed that I'm a bit more alert but it's not obvious.  My resting heart rate is a bit (1-2 points) higher than normal and if I don't take it early in the day, my sleeping heart rate is definitely higher.  And I don't sleep as "deeply".  I have a Fitbit Sense that gives me data.  Last 3 days I've been taking 2 as soon as I wake up and 2 more a couple of hours later - before noon for sure.

If one wanted to add Metformin, how does one get a prescription?  Or is it available online somehow?

Any idea if one can get into one of the clinical trials?  I'm already in an RSV vaccine study (Pfizer) so likely I can't until that's over.

500mg per day is still a healthy dose.  At some point, you may want to work your way up to 1,000mg just for comparison and to see if you have more energy.  Your body may adjust after a week or so and you may start sleeping more soundly, but it's possible it may not either.

You do need a script for Metformin through your local doc.  We sell a liposomal Berberine, though that works the same way.  No script needed.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic