NMNNMN with Apigenin

vauss88

Re: NMN with Apigenin

Post by vauss88 »

Quercetin also inhibits cd 38 and has a lot of health benefits, including limiting advanced glycation end products. In Renue by Science's lipo quercetin, available 4/15/22, you will have 150 mg of lipo quercetin versus the 35 mg of lipo apigenin in that product. Link below with a quote.

Flavonoid Apigenin Is an Inhibitor of the NAD+ase CD38

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3609577/

"Treatment of cells with apigenin or quercetin inhibits CD38 and promotes an increase in intracellular NAD+ levels."

LiveLong

Post by LiveLong »

vauss88 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:35 am Quercetin also inhibits cd 38 and has a lot of health benefits, including limiting advanced glycation end products. In Renue by Science's lipo quercetin, available 4/15/22, you will have 150 mg of lipo quercetin versus the 35 mg of lipo apigenin in that product. Link below with a quote.

Flavonoid Apigenin Is an Inhibitor of the NAD+ase CD38

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3609577/

"Treatment of cells with apigenin or quercetin inhibits CD38 and promotes an increase in intracellular NAD+ levels."

True. Dr. Brad Stanfield appears to take 250mg of apigenin, and it looks as if he might take apigenin and a precursor like NR/NMN along with niacin when he hits 35

https://drstanfield.com/my-supplements/

So maybe that dose of apigenin is not too much even in lipo form (35mg) to take both lipo NMN/apigenin or look at quercetin as well 

LiveLong

Post by LiveLong »

jocko6889 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:05 pm
LiveLong wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:56 pm I finally got my hands on some lipo NMN and lipo Apigenin. If the lipo NMN is 3 to 5 times stronger (?), or so I've heard, than one 250 capsule should suffice for the day for most standards right (ending up to about a gram)? but lipo apigenin could also raise NAD+ levels by itself by inhibiting cd 38? 

Is it overkill to take both?

I don't think it's overkill to do both.  Try to judge by whether you feel more energy throughout the day.  If you can't sleep, back off on dosage.  These are inexact methods but you can always take the NAD test.

Do we know the typical bioavailability of lipo Apigenin compared to non lipo form? 

Took lipo apigenin today and felt as good on one 35mg as I did on a gram on NMN sublingual. But its only the first day, and I initially felt good bounce from non lipo NMN. I think I'm going for the lipo apigenin/quercetin duo when the Quercetin comes in

Newage

Post by Newage »

It’s all about what is best for the specific individual.
I wouldn’t personally drop NMN or NAD+ Complete but more so add the other RBS supplements to the NMN/NAD+ base.
LiveLong

Post by LiveLong »

Newage
I wouldn’t personally drop NMN or NAD+ Complete but more so add the other RBS supplements to the NMN/NAD+ base.

I'd be lying if I didn't say that I had slight concerns when going all out on NAD+. I'm a novice with rudimentary understanding of the science, and NMN is a great substance, still the lack of long term human data and the odd concern here and there would make me think twice of going beyond a gram or so of NMN and make me concerned of going too far with the NAD+. Taking NMN while taking inhibitors, you may be starting to go beyond that gram (in effect) that Sinclair likes into taking a lot?

Again, I dont know much and am here to learn, but my crude understanding is that CD38 inhibitors, in a combo of apigenin/quercetin would moderate going too far in the NAD+ direction while stopping any loss at my age of 43? 
Newage

Post by Newage »

I understand your hesitation Livelong as we are all flying a little blind on this relatively new frontier.
As everyone is different we are all tip toeing into the deep end to a degree looking for the best outcomes..
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Newage is right, just start off slow and steady and see how you feel. And if you want to be exact well, there's the NAD test.
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

LiveLong wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:50 am
Newage

I'd be lying if I didn't say that I had slight concerns when going all out on NAD+. I'm a novice with rudimentary understanding of the science, and NMN is a great substance, still the lack of long term human data and the odd concern here and there would make me think twice of going beyond a gram or so of NMN and make me concerned of going too far with the NAD+. Taking NMN while taking inhibitors, you may be starting to go beyond that gram (in effect) that Sinclair likes into taking a lot?

Again, I dont know much and am here to learn, but my crude understanding is that CD38 inhibitors, in a combo of apigenin/quercetin would moderate going too far in the NAD+ direction while stopping any loss at my age of 43? 

43 is still pretty young and although it's a good age to start taking longevity supplements, you probably won't need the large dosages we tend to advocate for those who are 50 or 60 and above.  That being said, there are sometimes special circumstances that warrant large doses at a young age, like autoimmune or other diseases that use up a lot of NAD+. 

Also, we like to go by bioage rather than chronological age to determine what your needs might be.  Epigenetic tests to determine how much methylation you have are a good idea, as we tend to accumulate more as we age and certain factors can influence how much you have, like smoking, lack of exercise, drug abuse, inherited genes, and other factors.  You can also take an NAD+ level test to see how you're doing.  As I said, at your age you may not need that much.

LiveLong

Post by LiveLong »

drkris69 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:30 am Newage is right, just start off slow and steady and see how you feel. And if you want to be exact well, there's the NAD test.

Maybe you do have to trust your body. 

I go on the web and you see standard doses for 43, but then I've been taking a gram of sublingual and feeling that I could take much more. 

I do have other factors that could be using up NAD+ like two auto immune conditions, though 
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Thats true, so what conditions do you have? Just curious and did you check to see if theres any contraindications in taking NAD boosters? Never can be too safe.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic