NMNNMN with Apigenin

NewLifeScience

Re: NMN with Apigenin

Post by NewLifeScience »

TKK wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 11:59 pm
NewLifeScience wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:30 pm So mom is now taking NMN with lipo Apigenin, lipo CaAKG, liposomal Gel with Resvertrol, and Grape Seed Extract. She has already had Fisetin a few times and is very low in weight, so we are done with that.

Mom has been improving slowly but steadily and actually seems to feel better after her physio lady comes to give her exercises. 

In fact June 1st we start with outdoor walks... the only issue being, that even though we live in Northern Ontario, summer can be burning hot. But I have ordered very light and white outfits for her walks. Slowly but surely she is healthier now than 2 years ago.

How did you convince your mom to get on board with all of those supplements? I tried to get my mom to consider NR/NMN and she was simply too skeptical do it!

Hi TKK!
Actually it took a lot of convincing, but she noticed a few obvious changes in my health, and coupled with the fact that she hasn't much to lose, she was prepared to listen to me explain my reasoning.

Since i manage her medication, she rather trusts me.

She knows I am in her corner and if she wants to fight aging, I am happy to help.

LiveLong

Post by LiveLong »

First, I feel as vital as ever, just taking one lipo nmn and one lipo apigenin. I wish I could continue it, but becoming a bit paranoid of my nad+ being too high at 43. Its harder to sleep (I've doubled on the melatonin). My fertility and libido and energy are way up (I mean, not to get too graphic, but is it normal for a 43 year old man to want sex twice to three times a day? even a healthy one). Really I wish I could continue it but at times I feel a little too supercharged. And its still unknown how operating at tip top nad+ affects everything. I might go down to just the lipo apigenin and maybe a scoop of the powder 250. 

Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

LiveLong wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:41 am First, I feel as vital as ever, just taking one lipo nmn and one lipo apigenin. I wish I could continue it, but becoming a bit paranoid of my nad+ being too high at 43. Its harder to sleep (I've doubled on the melatonin). My fertility and libido and energy are way up (I mean, not to get too graphic, but is it normal for a 43 year old man to want sex twice to three times a day? even a healthy one). Really I wish I could continue it but at times I feel a little too supercharged. And its still unknown how operating at tip top nad+ affects everything. I might go down to just the lipo apigenin and maybe a scoop of the powder 250. 

Firstly we are all different so how we respond to any supplement can be varied, I would be very surprised if you could have "NAD+ too high" on 250mg NMN + 35mg of Apigenin per day. I have not had the same issues that you are having with much higher doses, I can report no one else that I know off, in fact someone on the forum a while ago posted the opposite with reduced libdo!

Apigenin is not just about NAD+ as a reminder it is one of the active ingredients in Camomile tea which is noted as helping sleep! As an experiment over the last few days (inspired after that email from RBS) I have been popping 2 x LIPO Apigenin 2 hrs before sleep - results to far..I have slept better almost immediately, noting deeper much better sleep, on one my day off so far not as good...but that is how I "feel" as I have no sleep tacking data. Only started, and giving it a couple of weeks.

In my case the initial response to boosting NAD+ with NMN and NAD+ sublingual was a few short vertigo episodes, a friend as an example stomach pains, another friend broke out into a rash, at one stage I thought (and they) not compatible so can't take it - but at the same time like yourself (and my friends) all felt a little "supercharged". I stuck with it and so did they with a short break. I personally was then at a 500mg NMN SL dose 7 days a week for a year, now (today) at 3 years of boosting NAD+ on 2 x NAD+ Complete LIPO, 1 x NMN LIPO = so 850mg of active ingredient as a base 6 days a week. Oh, 35mg to 105mg of Apigenin and feel great :D

In your case its a libido side affect - there are worse, you do not want vertigo  :shock:  So take NMN in the morning, then Apigenin 2hr before sleep would be my suggestion to try to split the dose. Also do not ramp it up until you have gotten used to it. We are all different and respond differently as our bodies have more available NAD+ available to now "get onto the backlog" so to speak. Take a day or 2 off as well, most of us on this forum do.  

LiveLong

Post by LiveLong »

Not the best news, but to give a ~2 month update, I'm not longer getting serious energy lift from the combo. 

I'd liken it to each time I raised my sublingual powder amount from 250 to 500 to 750 to 1 gram; good bounce for several weeks and then a gradual move to the norm. I feel I'm back to hauling middle aged booty unfortunately.

My libido/fertility is up, I have no doubt the lipo NMN/apigenin combo is doing work on my health, and even increasing base endurance, but I'm not sure it can be used for the energy method I'm looking for (as in not like stimulants or testosterone or something else). I'm starting to believe in homeostasis, that the body gets used to the NAD+ and the bounce gradually decreases, no matter how much precursor or cd 38 inhibitor is used, so I'm skeptical of thinking I need more.

-Edit, I also have other physical issues so I might not be the best candidate for assessing NMN/apigenin. I might have Chronic Fatigue and other issues I've alluded to already

Last edited by LiveLong on Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

LiveLong wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:56 pm Not the best news, but to give a ~2 month update, I'm not longer getting serious energy lift from the combo. 

I'd liken it to each time I raised my sublingual powder amount from 250 to 500 to 750 to 1 gram; good bounce for several weeks and then a gradual move to the norm. I feel I'm back to hauling middle aged booty unfortunately.

My libido/fertility is up, I have no doubt the lipo NMN/apigenin combo is doing work on my health, and even increasing base endurance, but I'm not sure it can be used for the energy method I'm looking for (as in not like stimulants or testosterone or something else). I'm starting to believe in homeostasis, that the body gets used to the NAD+ and the bounce gradually decreases, no matter how much precursor or cd 38 inhibitor is used, so I'm skeptical of thinking I need more.

We are all different but keep in mind TMG to counter any methyl depletion.

It ties into genetics as well. I personally supplement with at least 1G of TMG 5 days a week as I have the polymorphisms in my MTHFR genes that can drop MTHFR enzyme activity to as much as 30% as compared to someone with normal levels! I also buy a grass fed hydrolysed collegen with BIOTIN in it for some extra's B's as well + try to have the best possible diet to compensate.

As a result of my genes I have a higher risk for choline deficiency. "One of the functions of choline is to serve as a precursor of the compound known as betaine or trimethylglycine (TMG). Betaine aids in the remethylation of homocysteine to methionine via the enzyme betaine-homocysteine methyltransferase (BHMT), thus serving to lower homocysteine levels in the blood."

Check out Pickleball101's post recently about his rediscovery of TMG:  viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2784
Newage

Post by Newage »

From my experience the higher the homocysteine levels the poorer the health of the individual.
Supplementation with activated B12, activated Folinic Acid and TMG are a must along with other vitamins to avoid low levels of the B group etc.. leading to poor health in mind and body.

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

LiveLong wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:56 pm Not the best news, but to give a ~2 month update, I'm not longer getting serious energy lift from the combo. 

I wouldn't think you need more. When I speak of the doses I take (and i am 10 years older) i am speaking of 5 days per week because I also want to avoid homeostasis. I actually would take NMN over NAD+ if i have to choose between the two, I like generating it as opposed to consuming it... i also think the levels are more steady that way.

But 5 days per week of NAD+ complete works for me.
LiveLong

Post by LiveLong »

Boxcost wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:44 pm

We are all different but keep in mind TMG to counter any methyl depletion.

It ties into genetics as well. I personally supplement with at least 1G of TMG 5 days a week as I have the polymorphisms in my MTHFR genes that can drop MTHFR enzyme activity to as much as 30% as compared to someone with normal levels! I also buy a grass fed hydrolysed collegen with BIOTIN in it for some extra's B's as well + try to have the best possible diet to compensate.

As a result of my genes I have a higher risk for choline deficiency. "One of the functions of choline is to serve as a precursor of the compound known as betaine or trimethylglycine (TMG). Betaine aids in the remethylation of homocysteine to methionine via the enzyme betaine-homocysteine methyltransferase (BHMT), thus serving to lower homocysteine levels in the blood."

Check out Pickleball101's post recently about his rediscovery of TMG:  viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2784

Thanks bro, yeah I take a gram a day.

LiveLong

Post by LiveLong »

NewLifeScience wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:08 pm

I wouldn't think you need more. When I speak of the doses I take (and i am 10 years older) i am speaking of 5 days per week because I also want to avoid homeostasis. I actually would take NMN over NAD+ if i have to choose between the two, I like generating it as opposed to consuming it... i also think the levels are more steady that way.

But 5 days per week of NAD+ complete works for me.

When you say it works for you, how do you feel every day?

Maybe my expectations are a bit off. First of all, I'm fertile. I'm a 43 year old who really feels vital. I'm sure my metabolism is good. And maybe my lifestyle isn't helping; again I admit I intake a lot of sugar, and I watch a lot fo tv with sedentary behavior. 

So maybe the NMN is doing what it can, but I'm not helping the situation.

Anyways, I'm going to continue to take the combo, but I'm going to look into other molecules/herbs to help get me to that place of walking to the supermarket 1.5 miles away instead of wanting to drive etc. that I felt the first couple of weeks on the combo.

But yeah, maybe mix this up to avoid homeostasis. Maybe one day 2 lipo apigenin, no nmn, then a day off a week, then two nmn etc than keep taking the combo everyday like clockwork

LiveLong

Post by LiveLong »

I edited my post, there are two possibilities

I have to look elsewhere considering my health for my fatigue, which I'm going to do.

I'm also going to mix to avoid homeostasis.

Does anyone think that adding more than 1 lipo NMN and 1 lipo apigenin is needed for a 43 year old, or resveratrol like Sinclair used to suggest (I dont know if he still does). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgEy08Itj7g This guy is saying taking too little could be one factor, and he is taking at least 2 grams of NMN I believe now (he's older than my 43 but weighs considerably less). He lists 5 reasons why NMN might not be doing the trick and 4/5 might be it (other health factors, and too little). 

I'm 43, and taking what amounts to a gram of NMN (lipo) with a cd 38 inhibitor, but I weigh 210 pounds and 6'3 and have possible ailments sucking up NAD+. Still thats a lot for my age, and there hasn't been too much long term data going that much higher, right?  

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic