NMNNMN with Apigenin

LiveLong
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:35 am

NMN with Apigenin

Post by LiveLong » Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:56 pm

I finally got my hands on some lipo NMN and lipo Apigenin. If the lipo NMN is 3 to 5 times stronger (?), or so I've heard, than one 250 capsule should suffice for the day for most standards right (ending up to about a gram)? but lipo apigenin could also raise NAD+ levels by itself by inhibiting cd 38? 

Is it overkill to take both?
 
 


RobSmith
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:34 am
Location: UK

Re: NMN with Apigenin

Post by RobSmith » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:21 pm

I think it would be overkill if you are under the age of 60
Boxcost
Posts: 204
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:40 pm

Re: NMN with Apigenin

Post by Boxcost » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:38 pm

I am 54 and taking both.

Apigenin is not just about NAD+. It is also anti-cancer, lowers cortisol, lowers inflammation (bad at any age) and increases testosterone as per recent study: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20537519/

I am also on 2 x NAD+ Complete (600mg) and 1 x LIPO NMN (250mg) and 1 x dose of NMN/reveratrol (240mg) - so just over a gram of NAD+ boosters in LIPO formulation and feel great!
 
LiveLong
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:35 am

Re: NMN with Apigenin

Post by LiveLong » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:33 pm

RobSmith wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:21 pm
I think it would be overkill if you are under the age of 60


 
Thanks. I'm 43. I know some people like to do one or the other, in terms of raising NAD+, either inhibiting CD 38 or taking a precursor like NMN. 

Apigenin is known to have a host of health benefits as Boxcost said. I'd wonder if just taking Apigenin will get the NAD+ job done? Maybe I'll just take the lipo NMN
 
LiveLong
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:35 am

Re: NMN with Apigenin

Post by LiveLong » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:38 pm

Boxcost wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:38 pm
I am 54 and taking both.

Apigenin is not just about NAD+. It is also anti-cancer, lowers cortisol, lowers inflammation (bad at any age) and increases testosterone as per recent study: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20537519/

I am also on 2 x NAD+ Complete (600mg) and 1 x LIPO NMN (250mg) and 1 x dose of NMN/reveratrol (240mg) - so just over a gram of NAD+ boosters in LIPO formulation and feel great!
 



 

So lipo apigenin 35mg, while taking over a gram of lipo NAD+ precursor? That seems a lot, but I'll take your word for it on how you feel. Did you work up to that?
 
 
User avatar
jocko6889
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:35 pm
Location: Tulsa, OK

Re: NMN with Apigenin

Post by jocko6889 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:05 pm

LiveLong wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:56 pm
I finally got my hands on some lipo NMN and lipo Apigenin. If the lipo NMN is 3 to 5 times stronger (?), or so I've heard, than one 250 capsule should suffice for the day for most standards right (ending up to about a gram)? but lipo apigenin could also raise NAD+ levels by itself by inhibiting cd 38? 

Is it overkill to take both?
 
 

 
I don't think it's overkill to do both.  Try to judge by whether you feel more energy throughout the day.  If you can't sleep, back off on dosage.  These are inexact methods but you can always take the NAD test.
 
Boxcost
Posts: 204
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:40 pm

Re: NMN with Apigenin

Post by Boxcost » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:50 am

LiveLong wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:38 pm
Boxcost wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:38 pm
I am 54 and taking both.

Apigenin is not just about NAD+. It is also anti-cancer, lowers cortisol, lowers inflammation (bad at any age) and increases testosterone as per recent study: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20537519/

I am also on 2 x NAD+ Complete (600mg) and 1 x LIPO NMN (250mg) and 1 x dose of NMN/reveratrol (240mg) - so just over a gram of NAD+ boosters in LIPO formulation and feel great!
 





 

So lipo apigenin 35mg, while taking over a gram of lipo NAD+ precursor? That seems a lot, but I'll take your word for it on how you feel. Did you work up to that?
 
 


 
I was on about 500mg NMN SL for the first 11 months, 750mg about 4-5 months and then last 12 months approx a gram. The specific combination / dosage I am currently on is the last month only. That is I replaced a 250mg normal powder in slow release capsules I was taking with the NMN LIPO 250mg and another 250mg SL NMN with a NAD+ Complete LIPO. 
 
 
NewLifeScience
Posts: 588
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:17 pm

Re: NMN with Apigenin

Post by NewLifeScience » Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:50 pm

LiveLong wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:56 pm
I finally got my hands on some lipo NMN and lipo Apigenin. If the lipo NMN is 3 to 5 times stronger (?), or so I've heard, than one 250 capsule should suffice for the day for most standards right (ending up to about a gram)? but lipo apigenin could also raise NAD+ levels by itself by inhibiting cd 38? 

Is it overkill to take both?
 
 

 
There are so many additional benefits to Apigenin that I am looking to take both. Thanks for posting this as i am aware of it now. :)
NMN NR NAD+ (lsg)

Astragalus
Berberine (occasional use)
Canola Oil
Green Tea Extract
Grape Seed Extract
Gotu Kola
Liposomal CaAKG
Liposomal Curcumin / Resveratrol
Melatonin
TMG
Vitamin C
Vitamin D
Vitamin E tocotrienols
Vitamin K2
RobSmith
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:34 am
Location: UK

Re: NMN with Apigenin

Post by RobSmith » Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:58 pm

Boxcost wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:38 pm
Apigenin is not just about NAD+. It is also anti-cancer, lowers cortisol, lowers inflammation (bad at any age) and increases testosterone as per recent study: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20537519/

 

I think CD38 accelerates as one gets older which is probably what decreases the NAD+. I've cut right back on the NMN of late whilst adding dried parsley (good source of Apigenin) to my green salads and I haven't noticed any difference in my health or physical performance. 
I'm under 60 so given the extra benefits of Apigenin, once I've finished my current stock of NMN I'm going to switch to RBS's Apigenin and stop the NMN and see what happens. If I notice a deterioration I'll go back to my current NMN twice a week top up. 
LiveLong
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:35 am

Re: NMN with Apigenin

Post by LiveLong » Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:42 pm

RobSmith wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:58 pm
Boxcost wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:38 pm
Apigenin is not just about NAD+. It is also anti-cancer, lowers cortisol, lowers inflammation (bad at any age) and increases testosterone as per recent study: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20537519/



 

I think CD38 accelerates as one gets older which is probably what decreases the NAD+. I've cut right back on the NMN of late whilst adding dried parsley (good source of Apigenin) to my green salads and I haven't noticed any difference in my health or physical performance. 
I'm under 60 so given the extra benefits of Apigenin, once I've finished my current stock of NMN I'm going to switch to RBS's Apigenin and stop the NMN and see what happens. If I notice a deterioration I'll go back to my current NMN twice a week top up. 


 

I don't know if you'd know the answers, these are open questions, but is cd38 the driver of the NAD+ depletion? For someone 43 is it a good option to go with the apigenin over the NMN if you were choosing one or the other?

I'm guessing apigenin arguably has more proven health benefits than NMN?

I've been taking a gram of sublingual NMN. I may start with the lipo apigenin only to see how I Feel. Than I might take both
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic