NMNNMN with Apigenin

drkris69
Posts: 1187
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: NMN with Apigenin

Post by drkris69 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:59 pm

And its in all processed foods. These days you really need to prepare your own food.


LiveLong
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:35 am

Re: NMN with Apigenin

Post by LiveLong » Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:37 pm

drkris69 wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:38 pm
As we all know, SUGAR is problem. When we ingest sugar it shuts down two distinct protein complexes, mTORC1 and mTORC2, are the major regulators of growth in animals and controls most anabolic and catabolic processes in response to nutrients and nutrient-induced signals and sugar shuts this down and in return will ramp up cortisol. If you really want to get great results from these molecules I would limit this highly addicting substance called SUGAR.

 
True, I think it is an addictive substance, though not recognized as such. My grandfathers and father were alcoholics. It so happens I cant stand the taste of alcohol, so I drink zero of it. But I pop 3-5 sodas a day. A lot of the people around me saw this as a bit weird. I workout and dont overeat so it doesn't make me obese. 

I think part of the reason I got into the supplement game was to counteract this part of my living, as well as the gluten inflammation. 

People talk about the importance of diet, though I'm not sure if your stack can overbalance it. My stack has helped with the numbers (lipids/kidney function), but I may need more tests to see how its effecting the body totally 
michaeljkelly
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:19 pm

Re: NMN with Apigenin

Post by michaeljkelly » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:12 am

LiveLong wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:37 pm
drkris69 wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:38 pm
As we all know, SUGAR is problem. When we ingest sugar it shuts down two distinct protein complexes, mTORC1 and mTORC2, are the major regulators of growth in animals and controls most anabolic and catabolic processes in response to nutrients and nutrient-induced signals and sugar shuts this down and in return will ramp up cortisol. If you really want to get great results from these molecules I would limit this highly addicting substance called SUGAR.


 
True, I think it is an addictive substance, though not recognized as such. My grandfathers and father were alcoholics. It so happens I cant stand the taste of alcohol, so I drink zero of it. But I pop 3-5 sodas a day. A lot of the people around me saw this as a bit weird. I workout and dont overeat so it doesn't make me obese. 

I think part of the reason I got into the supplement game was to counteract this part of my living, as well as the gluten inflammation. 

People talk about the importance of diet, though I'm not sure if your stack can overbalance it. My stack has helped with the numbers (lipids/kidney function), but I may need more tests to see how its effecting the body totally 

 
I had to stop soda altogether. It was the crash I would experience. Then I went the diet-coke route. But i heard too much about Aspartame.

So now it's carbonated water. I can't think there is too much wrong with that.
 
TKK
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:03 pm

Re: NMN with Apigenin

Post by TKK » Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:56 pm

LiveLong wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:20 pm
drkris69 wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:13 am
I have to agree with Newage, start with a Blood test and see where your inflammatory markers are and go from there. Also, how is your lifestyle? Do you have alot of stress? Do you workout daily? Is you diet clean? All of these factors matter. ;)
 



 
No stress. I enjoy life 100%. Though, that leads to the bad diet. I eat/drink a lot of sugar, don't intake the health foods I should. My workout (Body by Science) is once a week, strength training and HIIT cardio, once a week. Though I heat stress it up, sauna wise, several times a week.

I fee the workouts and the sauna should be improving the NAD+, overall, for my age. Maybe the bad diet is depleting. 


 
Workouts and sauna are fantastic! For years, I’ve had sugary drinks such as gatorade and even gummy bears postworkout, rationalizing that I was “replenishing glycogen.” Although inflammation is not currently an issue, I knew the sugar was NOT good for me.  Recently, I discovered LMNT, which has 1000 mg of sodium/serving. It has completely eliminated my sugar cravings post workout/sauna.  If you are not hypertensive, I would suggest experimenting with additional sodium in your diet. 
 
 
JanCOhio
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed May 19, 2021 8:47 am

Re: NMN with Apigenin

Post by JanCOhio » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:00 pm

TKK wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:56 pm
LiveLong wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:20 pm
drkris69 wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:13 am
I have to agree with Newage, start with a Blood test and see where your inflammatory markers are and go from there. Also, how is your lifestyle? Do you have alot of stress? Do you workout daily? Is you diet clean? All of these factors matter. ;)
 




 
No stress. I enjoy life 100%. Though, that leads to the bad diet. I eat/drink a lot of sugar, don't intake the health foods I should. My workout (Body by Science) is once a week, strength training and HIIT cardio, once a week. Though I heat stress it up, sauna wise, several times a week.

I fee the workouts and the sauna should be improving the NAD+, overall, for my age. Maybe the bad diet is depleting. 



 
Workouts and sauna are fantastic! For years, I’ve had sugary drinks such as gatorade and even gummy bears postworkout, rationalizing that I was “replenishing glycogen.” Although inflammation is not currently an issue, I knew the sugar was NOT good for me.  Recently, I discovered LMNT, which has 1000 mg of sodium/serving. It has completely eliminated my sugar cravings post workout/sauna.  If you are not hypertensive, I would suggest experimenting with additional sodium in your diet. 
 
 

 
So this is a sodium product and is also an electrolyte, and you think it helps with sugar cravings, correct?
 
ChrisBON
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:09 pm

Re: NMN with Apigenin

Post by ChrisBON » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:26 pm

RobSmith wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:58 pm
Boxcost wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:38 pm
Apigenin is not just about NAD+. It is also anti-cancer, lowers cortisol, lowers inflammation (bad at any age) and increases testosterone as per recent study: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20537519/


 

I think CD38 accelerates as one gets older which is probably what decreases the NAD+. I've cut right back on the NMN of late whilst adding dried parsley (good source of Apigenin) to my green salads and I haven't noticed any difference in my health or physical performance. 
I'm under 60 so given the extra benefits of Apigenin, once I've finished my current stock of NMN I'm going to switch to RBS's Apigenin and stop the NMN and see what happens. If I notice a deterioration I'll go back to my current NMN twice a week top up. 

 
Hey Rob  :)

What would you consider a therapeutic amount of dried parsely?

A teaspoon?
drkris69
Posts: 1187
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: NMN with Apigenin

Post by drkris69 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:23 am

Its good to experiment with different things and how they affect your body in particular because we are all different and dont react the same way when taking supplements or molecules. You might find that all you need is Apigenin or this might show you that NMN is the one needed. You have to experiment.
RobSmith
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:34 am
Location: UK

Re: NMN with Apigenin

Post by RobSmith » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:57 pm

ChrisBON wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:26 pm
RobSmith wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:58 pm
Boxcost wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:38 pm
Apigenin is not just about NAD+. It is also anti-cancer, lowers cortisol, lowers inflammation (bad at any age) and increases testosterone as per recent study: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20537519/



 

I think CD38 accelerates as one gets older which is probably what decreases the NAD+. I've cut right back on the NMN of late whilst adding dried parsley (good source of Apigenin) to my green salads and I haven't noticed any difference in my health or physical performance. 
I'm under 60 so given the extra benefits of Apigenin, once I've finished my current stock of NMN I'm going to switch to RBS's Apigenin and stop the NMN and see what happens. If I notice a deterioration I'll go back to my current NMN twice a week top up. 


 
Hey Rob  :)

What would you consider a therapeutic amount of dried parsely?

A teaspoon?

 
I would guess any amount would help, so a teaspoon would be a good place to start. 
I believe in the video (link posted by someone else) they talked of one to two tablespoons being an ideal amount. 

Two much NMN makes me go to the toilet during the night. I take a very low dose now and don't have this problem any more but include a daily liberal sprinkling of parsley on my salad. Hopefully that will be sufficient from both directions. 
 
TKK
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:03 pm

Re: NMN with Apigenin

Post by TKK » Fri May 13, 2022 5:36 pm

JanCOhio wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:00 pm
TKK wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:56 pm
LiveLong wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:20 pm


No stress. I enjoy life 100%. Though, that leads to the bad diet. I eat/drink a lot of sugar, don't intake the health foods I should. My workout (Body by Science) is once a week, strength training and HIIT cardio, once a week. Though I heat stress it up, sauna wise, several times a week.

I fee the workouts and the sauna should be improving the NAD+, overall, for my age. Maybe the bad diet is depleting. 





 
Workouts and sauna are fantastic! For years, I’ve had sugary drinks such as gatorade and even gummy bears postworkout, rationalizing that I was “replenishing glycogen.” Although inflammation is not currently an issue, I knew the sugar was NOT good for me.  Recently, I discovered LMNT, which has 1000 mg of sodium/serving. It has completely eliminated my sugar cravings post workout/sauna.  If you are not hypertensive, I would suggest experimenting with additional sodium in your diet. 
 
 



 
So this is a sodium product and is also an electrolyte, and you think it helps with sugar cravings, correct?
 


 
Yes, in my case the dizziness and sluggishness post workout and post-sauna was attributable to sodium depletion, which I incorrectly assumed to be low blood sugar.
 
 
LiveLong
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:35 am

Re: NMN with Apigenin

Post by LiveLong » Fri May 13, 2022 11:52 pm

I'm rotating the lipo apigenin and lipo nmn. Taking 1 of each some days. 2 of one or the other. and only 1 of one or the other on some days. 

I've felt a clarity with taking one lipo apigenin and one lipo nmn, but its only been a few days. Certainly more than just taking only the lipo nmn or lipo apigenin. 

I felt some irregularity taking 2 lipo apigenin and no nmn, maybe for some you can go too far in inhibiting cd38 at my age of 43 (I think jocko said one lipo apigenin might be fine) 
 
 
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic