NMNDavid Sinclair - NMN Supplements & Endotoxins

drkris69

Re: David Sinclair - NMN Supplements & Endotoxins

Post by drkris69 »

Here's another NMN study showing how this amazing molecule is good for longevity.

https://www.lifespan.io/news/nmn-human-trial-results/

ScottyRBS

Post by ScottyRBS »

drkris69 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:29 am Here's another NMN study showing how this amazing molecule is good for longevity.

https://www.lifespan.io/news/nmn-human-trial-results/

I read this as well. Promising on the whole for sure, but should also be taken with a grain of salt given the small sample size (n=66) which limits the ability to draw strong conclusions. I would also be interested to better understand why the placebo group saw such an increase in NAD+ (I guess the placebo effect?! ;) ) Further long-term human clinical trials with a larger n will be great to see in the upcoming years, and hopefully with results which are more statistically significant than this one.

All that said it won’t keep me from continuing my “n of 1” experiments with NMN and other longevity protocols! :)

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Me either, but there are other studies out there showing that NMN does raise NAD levels safely. 
ScottyRBS

Post by ScottyRBS »

drkris69 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:52 am Me either, but there are other studies out there showing that NMN does raise NAD levels safely. 

Definitely, with many more positive study outcomes to come I’m confident! And yes, “safely” is the key word there for sure, that’s so important. 
naruto123

Post by naruto123 »

I recently emailed NADLab (UK distributed for RBS) about this. This was the response I got back. I've been using the Lipo NMN Resveratrol gel since the start of the year and haven't had any issues. I'm also now taking Lipo glutathione capsules from them.I have queried this with Renue/Alive By Science and their response is below: Dr. Sinclair did not say that NMN "is frequently contaminated." 

He warned people that like any food or supplement sold, NMN can sometimes be contaminated with LPS, so it is important to buy from legitimate sellers.  

Our NMN is sourced from a laboratory that uses an enzymatic process and not cultured or brewed with yeast, which can be a source of endotoxins being present in the final product. By using an enzymatic process, they eliminate the potential for bacteria being introduced in the manufacturing process.

All our products are tested extensively and produced in an FDA approved facility using GMP practices.
ScottyRBS

Post by ScottyRBS »

naruto123 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:51 am I recently emailed NADLab (UK distributed for RBS) about this. This was the response I got back. I've been using the Lipo NMN Resveratrol gel since the start of the year and haven't had any issues. I'm also now taking Lipo glutathione capsules from them.I have queried this with Renue/Alive By Science and their response is below: Dr. Sinclair did not say that NMN "is frequently contaminated." 

He warned people that like any food or supplement sold, NMN can sometimes be contaminated with LPS, so it is important to buy from legitimate sellers.  

Our NMN is sourced from a laboratory that uses an enzymatic process and not cultured or brewed with yeast, which can be a source of endotoxins being present in the final product. By using an enzymatic process, they eliminate the potential for bacteria being introduced in the manufacturing process.

All our products are tested extensively and produced in an FDA approved facility using GMP practices.

This is excellent information, thank you so much for sharing!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic