NMNClarification on absorption

SPQR102019

Clarification on absorption

Post by SPQR102019 »

Greetings:
This question has probably already been asked but I couldn't find it.  I recently purchased the NMN with resveratrol lipo gel.  The directions say to use it sublingually but the point of the liposomes are to get the contents past the gut acid of the stomach and avoid the first pass effect.  It seems inconsistent that the method of absorption would be both sublingually and in the intestines.  The recommended dose, two pumps, is a lot to maintain sublingually for any period of time.  The tartness of the formulation triggers the salivary glands which serves to dilute the dose.  Sublingual formulations are typically solid dosages, particularly freeze-dried formulations.  FYI, I have 30 years of pharmaceutical laboratory experience and some background in pharmacokinetics so please don't spare the technical jargon in any responses to my question.
Thanks,
Jake

jocko6889

Re: Clarification on absorption

Post by jocko6889 »

SPQR102019 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:56 am Greetings:
This question has probably already been asked but I couldn't find it.  I recently purchased the NMN with resveratrol lipo gel.  The directions say to use it sublingually but the point of the liposomes are to get the contents past the gut acid of the stomach and avoid the first pass effect.  It seems inconsistent that the method of absorption would be both sublingually and in the intestines.  The recommended dose, two pumps, is a lot to maintain sublingually for any period of time.  The tartness of the formulation triggers the salivary glands which serves to dilute the dose.  Sublingual formulations are typically solid dosages, particularly freeze-dried formulations.  FYI, I have 30 years of pharmaceutical laboratory experience and some background in pharmacokinetics so please don't spare the technical jargon in any responses to my question.
Thanks,
Jake

Hi Jake, welcome to the forum!  You're absolutely right, the liposomes are formulated to get past the GI tract intact so there's no concern with swallowing the gel if you like.  I think the only reason for the sublingual recommendation is because it gets the molecules into the system quicker and a bit more efficiently.  But either way works fine and we have debated taking off the word sublingual for the liposomal products.

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

SPQR102019 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:56 am Greetings:
Thanks,
Jake

Welcome Jake!
Are you new  to NMN? If so we'd love to hear your experience  with it over the coming months.

SPQR102019

Post by SPQR102019 »

@Jocko6889
A couple concerns I have.  One is that NMN + Resveratrol formulation isn't a 'gel' because it's not viscous enough.  Maybe my container is different from others but when I dispense the contents it does not maintain a shape as a gel should.  I dispensed it into a teaspoon and it filled the spoon as a liquid would.  Should it be a gel? 

A second concern is your statement, "we have debated taking off the word sublingual for the liposomal products."  There really shouldn't be any debate about the packaging information.  On the pharmaceutical side, incorrect packaging is called 'misbranding' and is considered a serious regulatory issue subject to product recall.  I am of course aware your not adhering to GMP regulations even though your product does have GMP on the bottle. Is there any information available to the public about third party inspections of your manufacturing facility?

Regards,
Jake 
jazzy

Post by jazzy »

Actually i believe the sublingual is still a better option with the lipo gels. I'm not a Dr so this is just info i have gained from listening to podcasts and personal research. Liposomes do get broken down in the stomach, which leaves them susceptible to the liver filtering a lot of the nmn out. The lipo gel bypasses these steps and makes it into the bloodstream in tact.

Why the current lipo pills offered are so good is that they have an acid protective coating which allows all the liposomes to make it to the GI Track and liver in tact. 

jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

SPQR102019 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:46 am @Jocko6889
A couple concerns I have.  One is that NMN + Resveratrol formulation isn't a 'gel' because it's not viscous enough.  Maybe my container is different from others but when I dispense the contents it does not maintain a shape as a gel should.  I dispensed it into a teaspoon and it filled the spoon as a liquid would.  Should it be a gel? 

A second concern is your statement, "we have debated taking off the word sublingual for the liposomal products."  There really shouldn't be any debate about the packaging information.  On the pharmaceutical side, incorrect packaging is called 'misbranding' and is considered a serious regulatory issue subject to product recall.  I am of course aware your not adhering to GMP regulations even though your product does have GMP on the bottle. Is there any information available to the public about third party inspections of your manufacturing facility?

Regards,
Jake 

Our gel is a bit thinner than most.  This allows it to be absorbed under the tongue faster.  There is no misbranding of our products.  Sublingual is the preferred method because it gets into the bloodstream quicker, however you can also use it orally and it works just fine.  Just slower to take effect.  We adhere to GMP regulations, as the packaging states.  We also provide 3rd party independent testing results on our products and this goes above and beyond what many companies provide.  There was a recent study on how much NMN was in NMN products sold on Amazon recently and the majority failed to live up to the amount listed on their label.  We are the largest and oldest company selling NAD+ boosters and our quality and prices are second to none.

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

RBS also only uses pharmaceutical grade with all of their products so rest assure you are getting the highest quality as well.
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

I do like having NMN and RSV in one product. Two good pumps is all i  take. I just swallow and forget it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic