NMNTesting NMN levels

AgelessMinion

Testing NMN levels

Post by AgelessMinion »

Hi, I'm new to this process and was wondering if there is a blood test for NMN in the blood? And/ or, is there a blood test to make sure you do not have a methylation issue?

Thanks so much!

W.

jocko6889

Re: Testing NMN levels

Post by jocko6889 »

AgelessMinion wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:36 pm Hi, I'm new to this process and was wondering if there is a blood test for NMN in the blood? And/ or, is there a blood test to make sure you do not have a methylation issue?

Thanks so much!

W.

We offer a good at home NAD+ blood test that will tell you what level your NAD+ is at.  Here's the link:

https://renuebyscience.com/product/ic-nad-test/

AgelessMinion

Post by AgelessMinion »

Thanks, perfect! What about methylation?

michaeljkelly

Post by michaeljkelly »

My question is. If we are taking NMN, won't our NAD+ levels be high because of that? Or is this why we take the test.... to confirm.
OMillsPA

Post by OMillsPA »

Ok.  I didn't know how to create a new post.  I am an alcoholic.  I fell off the wagon a few weeks ago.  I was sober for 5 years.  If anyone here has experience with this problem, please send me a message.  I need help from someone who understands.  Thanks.  I do not want to burden anyone.  

Newage

Post by Newage »

Sad news and my heart goes out to you but rest assured there is always light at the end of the tunnel. I’m sure that any forum members that have trodden this path will reach out to you by way of private message to offer personal advice and support..

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

michaeljkelly wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:55 pm My question is. If we are taking NMN, won't our NAD+ levels be high because of that? Or is this why we take the test.... to confirm.

Hey Michael,
That is one of the purposes of the test, to see if your cells have good levels of NAD+.

It is also useful to take a test early or before starting to take precursors like NMN and then test a few months later. The test can confirm that you have high levels in your tissues and cells and then tell you what the results mean.

I think it is worth it to get a baseline, or where you are now... so you have something to compare it to.
michaeljkelly

Post by michaeljkelly »

AgelessMinion wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:36 pm Hi, I'm new to this process and was wondering if there is a blood test for NMN in the blood? And/ or, is there a blood test to make sure you do not have a methylation issue?

Thanks so much!

W.

I think if you take NMN or NAD+ regularly you will have a methylation issue if you don't also match it with at least 500mgs of TMG with it.

That is how my consumption has evolved.

But you may be talking about something else.

Maybe make a unique post about it and Jocko might have info for you 

Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

michaeljkelly wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:45 pm

Thanks so much!

W.

I think if you take NMN or NAD+ regularly you will have a methylation issue if you don't also match it with at least 500mgs of TMG with it.

That is how my consumption has evolved.

But you may be talking about something else.

Maybe make a unique post about it and Jocko might have info for you 

I think it is a good insurance policy to add TMG in especially if you start upping your dose of NAD+ boosters.

We have discussed in part the know genetic issues on methylation and its tie to the MTHF gene, you can easily test for this to help understand your own unique impact on methylation processes. We are all different genetically, then add in all the diet and lifestyle impacts so very complex. My advice to anyone "biohacking" with latest supplements is to test often (blood, dentist, gut, etc) as best one can and find out more about ones genetics.

I thought we had discussed MTHF on this forum, here is the search for you:
search.php?keywords=MTHFR&terms=all&aut ... mit=Search

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic