NMNTaking NMN for 6month or longer, has your strength increased?

NewLifeScience

Taking NMN for 6month or longer, has your strength increased?

Post by NewLifeScience »

I have been on NMN for about 3 years now. I recall hitting my sweet spot about 2.5 years ago, noticing my back and arms were much stronger and i had more stamina...

I am realising that this trend has continued and i am stronger and build muscle mass quite easily. I am not kidding. I built a small deck for my mom's house, which included manually augering 4 foot deep post holes - pulling the auger out with wet clay suction is quite a thing, and it's easy. I am 55 and my strength seems as good as it was when i was pretty heavily into weight lifting in my late 20s. My shoulders, arms and chest actually look like i am hitting the gym. 

Am i the only one?

OMillsPA

Re: Taking NMN for 6month or longer, has your strength increased?

Post by OMillsPA »

I'm 56 and have been on NMN for 1 year and 8 months.  I'm more of an endurance athlete and I've noticed my endurance and fitness has improved to where I was in my early 30s.  I have pretty good records to compare to.  My only complaint is that I often push too hard and I get inflammation in my tendons.  Perhaps the muscles repair and improve much quicker than the tendons do.  A little time off and it all goes away.  I'm very happy with my physical improvements and weight loss so far.  I should add that a few months before I started on NMN I went to a plant-based diet.  I also started the Medical Medium protocol of lemon water, celery juice and a wild blueberry detox smoothy daily.  I'm sure my fitness improvement is due to both diet and the NMN supplement.  So far so good.  Comprehensive blood test this Saturday.  I can't wait to see the results.  I've come a long way in the last few years.
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

I am nearing 55 and on NMN (or NAD+ Boosters...mostly NMN) for over 3 years. My strength has increased and exercise feels easier (although it still sucks!) I am though doing a little more last 6 months as well.. but not that much more say a few extra push ups i.e. twice a week vs twice a month :lol: 

Not a big fan of exercise so try to get it while "having fun being social" (mnt biking, ski, climbs/walks, etc) or say maintaining the house so sweeping, pruning, cleaning, mowing, etc. I also do other things like say happy to walk so park at a distance, take stairs where ever I can, when on my own I run up em if I can, etc.

In saying not a fan of exercise I do have a water rower at home, I do 2km 3 times a week and built up to knock it off in approx 7m 30sec to 7m 50 sec. Going on it for nearly 5 years now. It is the best exercise in my view, works 80%+ of your muscles in one event, that can be completed in less than 8 min - now even I can do that, and do!  :shock: it still sucks..but at least its only 8m and I can watch TV while doing it.

On topic I noticed my muscle growth has slowly accelerated over the past 3 years on NMN, I can honestly say now that I have the most muscle on my body today than I have ever had before... so in my life, and fitter as well.
Pickleball101

Post by Pickleball101 »

In answer To all you 55 year old Whipper Snappers regaining 20 year old stamina from NMN... It ain't That easy after 75. About that time I couldn't roll over and push up any more. Body mass strength was 1/2 what I knew in my 50's, max lift, 30 lbs. Just trying to adjust to every new ache, pain and restriction blindsiding you daily was a Full Time chore. I had never enjoyed exercise, still ate by taste and mood, by the clock, 3 times a day.
Bi-Phasal two - 4 hour sleep patterns evolved from too many nocturnal visits to the head. All in All I was ready for the rocker, and an exit soon afterwards.

But from the Fighter Pilot mindset of my past, I mentally wasn't ready, so I looked on the Net for stamina. Back then, Niacin was the new kid on the block, by Chromax, as a patent, and I had started playing Pickleball. I lost 25 lbs to 197, and felt some occasional burst of stamina, for a couple of years, adding 10-15 vitamins and supplements to an evolving Keto nutritional program. Then, Afterburners... AlivebyScience was offering NMN.

Now 5 years into this new LiFESPAN of patented, targeted products with NMN as the basis, I'm back to you guys, in my 50's. But not just like you, I
have the confidence I can hold this new found Lifestyle out my entire Lifespan.. maybe 20-30 more healthy, degenerative disease free years.
I have found the balance and harmony Dr. David Sinclair speaks of in the TRIAD needed to accomplish this. NMN, Plant Nutritional based diet, and Stress type exercise  3-4 times a week to breathlessness. So it's NOT just stronger, male focused results, it's becoming Fully Alive , with a sense of Well Being that in your daily life becomes the priority focus on your heart, mind, and purpose.

To become a Beacon of Health to older people losing theirs.
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

Come to think of it. Yes. I find myself lifting things now that i would have hesitated to 2 years ago. So a noticeable difference.
Newage

Post by Newage »

jessicaP wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:52 pm Come to think of it. Yes. I find myself lifting things now that i would have hesitated to 2 years ago. So a noticeable difference.

The strength of 6 Tigers 🐅 and one little Tabby Cat 🐈⬛ 
I’m putting more weights on my bench press. Where at my age I should be taking them off..
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Hey there Mate have you had your hormones checked lately? I got mine done 3 mos ago and I was shocked to see my Testosterone registered at 52ng/dl. At my practice, we use a company called Biote and they specialize in bioidentical hormone pellets and they also carry a line of nutraceuticals. Ive had the pellets installed and man I feel so good. I forgot what Test feels like....Its awesome! :D

Newage

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:25 am Hey there Mate have you had your hormones checked lately? I got mine done 3 mos ago and I was shocked to see my Testosterone registered at 52ng/dl. At my practice, we use a company called Biote and they specialize in bioidentical hormone pellets and they also carry a line of nutraceuticals. Ive had the pellets installed and man I feel so good. I forgot what Test feels like....Its awesome! :D

That’s a very low level mate with the recommended Testosterone range being 300 to 1000 ng/dl.
Have you ever been that low before and did you have any low level symptoms. My T levels can fluctuate also and If low I use a topical T cream.
The pellets are slow release and the way to go where the cream can be a little messy and you have to be a little careful about who you hug and who touches your clothes to a degree to avoid any cross contamination..
Lucky I’m antisocial. Lol 😂 

michaeljkelly

Post by michaeljkelly »

my stamina certainly has.

i don't do enough feats of strength to tell, lol.
OMillsPA

Post by OMillsPA »

I wish there was a like button.  Some post are pretty funny or just good info and I don't feel like commenting, but would like to acknowledge somehow.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic