NMNWhat Effects is NMN having on you ?

Pickleball101

What Effects is NMN having on you ?

Post by Pickleball101 »

In a post below I posted this response, but felt it needed more probing by older NMN users than just the 55 year olders....

In answer To all you 55 year old Whipper Snappers regaining 20 year old stamina from NMN... It ain't That easy after 75. About that time I couldn't roll over and push up any more. Body mass strength was 1/2 what I knew in my 50's, max lift, 30 lbs. Just trying to adjust to every new ache, pain and restriction blindsiding you daily was a Full Time chore. I had never enjoyed exercise, still ate by taste and mood, by the clock, 3 times a day.
Bi-Phasal two - 4 hour sleep patterns evolved from too many nocturnal visits to the head. All in All I was ready for the rocker, and an exit soon afterwards.

But from the Fighter Pilot mindset of my past, I mentally wasn't ready, so I looked on the Net for stamina. Back then, Niacin was the new kid on the block, by Chromax, as a patent, and I had started playing Pickleball. I lost 25 lbs to 197, and felt some occasional burst of stamina, for a couple of years, adding 10-15 vitamins and supplements to an evolving Keto nutritional program. Then, Afterburners... AlivebyScience was offering NMN.

Now 5 years into this new LiFESPAN of patented, targeted products with NMN as the basis, I'm back to you guys, in my 50's. But not just like you, I
have the confidence I can hold this new found Lifestyle out my entire Lifespan.. maybe 20-30 more healthy, degenerative disease free years.
I have found the balance and harmony Dr. David Sinclair speaks of in the TRIAD needed to accomplish this. NMN, Plant Nutritional based diet, and Stress type exercise  3-4 times a week to breathlessness. So it's NOT just stronger, male focused results, it's becoming Fully Alive , with a sense of Well Being that in your daily life becomes the priority focus on your heart, mind, and purpose.

To become a Beacon of Health to older people losing theirs.

TedB

Re: What Effects is NMN having on you ?

Post by TedB »

Well written  Ben

You have a have a lot of guts and determination to use the supplements the way you did to acheive the outcome you did in such a short time.

Good on you!
Newage

Post by Newage »

Hey Ben.
Pickleball play is beginning to take off in Aussie and is gaining in popularity. I might have to join a club in case we ever meet live on a court for the RBS Pickleball Challenge.  😳
Pickleball101

Post by Pickleball101 »

If we meet on a Pickleball court, you will know me by my shirt that says
"Never Under estimate an OLD MAN with a Pickleball paddle "
Ben
Newage

Post by Newage »

Pickleball101 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:34 am If we meet on a Pickleball court, you will know me by my shirt that says
"Never Under estimate an OLD MAN with a Pickleball paddle "
Ben

I like it Ben. The shirt is a nice touch.. :?

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Pickleball101 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:08 am In a post below I posted this response, but felt it needed more probing by older NMN users than just the 55 year olders....

In answer To all you 55 year old Whipper Snappers regaining 20 year old stamina from NMN... It ain't That easy after 75. About that time I couldn't roll over and push up any more. Body mass strength was 1/2 what I knew in my 50's, max lift, 30 lbs. Just trying to adjust to every new ache, pain and restriction blindsiding you daily was a Full Time chore. I had never enjoyed exercise, still ate by taste and mood, by the clock, 3 times a day.
Bi-Phasal two - 4 hour sleep patterns evolved from too many nocturnal visits to the head. All in All I was ready for the rocker, and an exit soon afterwards.

But from the Fighter Pilot mindset of my past, I mentally wasn't ready, so I looked on the Net for stamina. Back then, Niacin was the new kid on the block, by Chromax, as a patent, and I had started playing Pickleball. I lost 25 lbs to 197, and felt some occasional burst of stamina, for a couple of years, adding 10-15 vitamins and supplements to an evolving Keto nutritional program. Then, Afterburners... AlivebyScience was offering NMN.

Now 5 years into this new LiFESPAN of patented, targeted products with NMN as the basis, I'm back to you guys, in my 50's. But not just like you, I
have the confidence I can hold this new found Lifestyle out my entire Lifespan.. maybe 20-30 more healthy, degenerative disease free years.
I have found the balance and harmony Dr. David Sinclair speaks of in the TRIAD needed to accomplish this. NMN, Plant Nutritional based diet, and Stress type exercise  3-4 times a week to breathlessness. So it's NOT just stronger, male focused results, it's becoming Fully Alive , with a sense of Well Being that in your daily life becomes the priority focus on your heart, mind, and purpose.

To become a Beacon of Health to older people losing theirs.

Hi Ben!
Not sure if you will see this, but i am curious if you have been taking CaAKG and if you have noticed anything.

May I also ask how much sleep you get every night, on average?
YoungerOldster

Post by YoungerOldster »

Ben,

Nice to see someone in my age bracket (76).  Have been off and on with the NMN but I'm over a recent bottleneck of time and finances and going to get serious.  I spend almost as much on supplements as on food.  I was vegan for four years but had some muscle loss so now have moved back to meat and eggs for most of my protein.  My last trial of NMN was the Lipo and took 500mg daily for two weeks then two weeks off for three such cycles.  I didn't notice anything but am now planning to up it to 750-1000mg while also taking 1000mg of Apigenin.  

It would be great if you could share your dosage of the NMN and if you think the Lipo version vs the sublingual powder makes any appreciable difference in bio-availability.  Also, my two week on and off came from Dr. Sinclair mentioning in at least one interview that trials showed that two weeks of 1 gram daily doubled subjects' NAD level.  Do you think its better to take it continuously or for longer between brakes?  Thanks.

Mike
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic