NMNMagic number for 85+ parent 500mg Lipo NMN

michaeljkelly

Magic number for 85+ parent 500mg Lipo NMN

Post by michaeljkelly »

I am really starting to see improvements with my mother. She now exercises 3 times per week with a home worker and is walking more upright.

Perhaps much of this was gradual during 2022, but with the increase to 500mg for 2023 i am seeing a slow-but-steady improvement in strength and endurance. This is remarkable considering she was on O2 in 2021 for Congestive Heart Failure and had suffered 2 bad falls. She now uses her walker, but at this point she mostly just pushes it along. We have agreed that we cannot risk anymore falls nomatter how good she is feeling.

The exercise is a game changer. Who'd have imagined a sick 86 year old exercising 25 minutes 3 times a week. They are mostly resistance exercises, but that is what is giving her strength back.

She is also taking 250 mg lipo CaAKG and Lipo Green Tea. 

OMillsPA

Re: Magic number for 85+ parent 500mg Lipo NMN

Post by OMillsPA »

Sounds a lot like my mother, 88.  Two years ago on deaths door.  I saw slow steady improvement with NMN, then LIPO Complete.  But things really started to improve when the LIPO CaAKG was added.  CaAKG might be the big game changer.  Especially when they are frail with osteo.
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

I agree that you may want to go higher still with the dosages once we are looking at over 70-80. The great thing is, it isn't really about adding length of life, but improving its quality.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

I agree that at that age, 500mg is about right for NMN.. Probably the same for CaAKG.
ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON »

I do have one parent hitting 80 this year. He's in great shape, but things have changed in the last year.

He doesn't listen to a word i say, but I think a few youTube videos on the topic may encourage him to think it is all his idea. :)
michaeljkelly

Post by michaeljkelly »

ChrisBON wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:49 pm I do have one parent hitting 80 this year. He's in great shape, but things have changed in the last year.

He doesn't listen to a word i say, but I think a few youTube videos on the topic may encourage him to think it is all his idea. :)

I started off trying to teach her the whole NMN and fasting shpeil, but now i just say: "time for your magic pills!" :)
ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON »

I also make sure he has plenty of veggie content with soups and stews. Gotta remember the natural vitamin sources.
Pickleball101

Post by Pickleball101 »

HooRah for your 86 year old Mom, recovering her earlier health with NMN and exercise.Following in her dust, From a 83, my next , I can see clearly why. Women are and have always been smarter about caring for themselves than men . It's in their nature as caretakers.They laugh away their mounting infirmities, while men head for the corner bar. And she's encouraged by the fact NMN is doing this, without having to follow all of Dr. Sinclair's lab research.
We all need to take a lesson from a gallant Mom, always showing us the Right Way....
Ben, 83 Pickleball101
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic