NMN78 year-old newbie Starting NMN... need advice!

Johnda

78 year-old newbie Starting NMN... need advice!

Post by Johnda »

Hi Everybody,

My wife and I are in our late 70s and rather belatedly starting (hopefully) anti-ageing!

We are taking Berberine, (tried and, due to dizziness, stopped Resveratrol), and now taking ~600mg of NMN powder with breakfast.

Let's concentrate on the NMN.

We are not sure if it is working nor even if we have the right kind.  It is a pure white powder with a surprisingly low Ph of ~4... pretty acidic!  It would seem that NMN is usually pretty neutral.  Ideas?  The formula is C11H15N2O8P.  We have also heard differing storage requirements... cool room/fridge/freezer...?  Any ideas?

We have also been looking at NMNH -- looks even better than NMN but I can't find much data at all on it.

Many thanks in advance for any comments and ideas !

Cheers

John

jocko6889

Re: 78 year-old newbie Starting NMN... need advice!

Post by jocko6889 »

Johnda wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:00 am Hi Everybody,

My wife and I are in our late 70s and rather belatedly starting (hopefully) anti-ageing!

We are taking Berberine, (tried and, due to dizziness, stopped Resveratrol), and now taking ~600mg of NMN powder with breakfast.

Let's concentrate on the NMN.

We are not sure if it is working nor even if we have the right kind.  It is a pure white powder with a surprisingly low Ph of ~4... pretty acidic!  It would seem that NMN is usually pretty neutral.  Ideas?  The formula is C11H15N2O8P.  We have also heard differing storage requirements... cool room/fridge/freezer...?  Any ideas?

We have also been looking at NMNH -- looks even better than NMN but I can't find much data at all on it.

Many thanks in advance for any comments and ideas !

Cheers

John

Sorry for the issues getting your post approved!  

michaeljkelly

Post by michaeljkelly »

Well, i would recommend taking a Liposomal version of NMN since it is highly bioavailable and you probably want to be taking at least 500mg daily 5-6 times per week. Also because a lot of methylation occurs with NMN, I would also recommend taking 500-1000mg TMG at least 3 times per week to replenish depleted Methyl groups.

My mother is almost 86, and although we saw gradual improvements and more importantly, faster recovery from falls or setbacks, i didn't notice the obvious difference until we went to 500mg Lipo NMN.

We do take other supplements (curcumin, fisetin, extra virgin olive oil for Oleic adic) but the big one for now is CaAKG (also in Lipo form) which can dramatically reduce cumulative inflammatory biomarkers and really help in turning back the clock.

Pterostilbene is very similar to resveratrol and may not give you issues.

I hope you stay on the forum and keep us updated in your journey. A bunch of us have been very faithful in our participation. 

I am just over 50 and began to notice the difference once i had been taking 500mg NMN Sublingual for 3 months. My strength and stamina definitely improved. Also there were subtle things, like the bloodshot-ness going out of my eyes and my bad back gradually disappearing. I now take 250mg NMN Lipo. If you do your research, Lipo-wrapped supplements  make it to the liver unscathed making them much more  bio-available.

so, that's my 2 cents. I hope you guy take advantage of some of the fantastic longevity tools. We are in a new era and I am glad for the opportunity to reclaim some youth and health.
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

You might be experiencing low methyl pools, which can happen to some people with already low methyl groups.  The solution is to methylate with TMG supplements.  This will raise your levels of dopamine and creatine and you should feel less tired, more energetic.
Pickleball101

Post by Pickleball101 »

Newbie,
This is coming from another NMN user, at his 83 mark next. Stated taking Alive by Science (precursor to Renue by Science) 8 years ago, as a SL under the tongue. Since then, I've tried ALL of the products , reporting on their effects in my aged body. I found their is a combo best for all ages/ life styles, but you have to find it for yourself. I agree, and do take NMN LIPO gel, 250 mg/day as my base, but supplement that with what ever my body needs at that time. I've NEVER had any negative reactions taking these RbyS products following recommended dosages. They are NOT a medicine cabinet of pills to feel good, but supplements to get back where you were 20 years earlier, in good health, and stay there for a healthy full lifespan. Anti aging does not mean getting younger, but recovering from the degeneration of old age. These supplements are only 1 leg of the triage. Getting back to a natural home Plant based nutritional program, and at least 30-45 minutes of "stress type" exercise , 3 times / week will get you on the right path. Go to Subjects: NMN  in this Forum, and find older peoples successes. Buenas Suerte!
Ben , 83, Pickleball101
adamusa

Post by adamusa »

jocko6889 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:41 pm You might be experiencing low methyl pools, which can happen to some people with already low methyl groups.  The solution is to methylate with TMG supplements.  This will raise your levels of dopamine and creatine and you should feel less tired, more energetic.

Thank you for your reminder.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic