NMNNMN / Resveratrol arrhythmias?

Esoterica

NMN / Resveratrol arrhythmias?

Post by Esoterica »

I'm a 36 year old female with no real medical history or issues - relatively healthy although I am overweight(desk job - long hours - I'm working on it). I started taking Renue NMN sublingual powder 1/2 scoop (0.25g)/day & Resveratrol 600mg/day in mid August of this year. I didn't feel any benefits as yet, but was excited to see what was to come.

Well, come mid September, I started having crazy palpitations, my fitbit showed a marked arrhythmia. This arrhythmia would go for hours each day. After an emergency hospital visit(during which the arrhythmia stopped by the time they placed me on the monitor), and seeing my general doctor, I've had a full blood test, holter monitor and echocardiogram.

I've already received my blood test results, with nothing irregular except for slightly low vitamin C and slightly low iron saturation. Tomorrow I get the results of the other tests from the doctor.

I stopped taking NMN and resveratrol immediately once this started, just in case it was the cause. I would say the palpitations have decreased slightly but then some days it goes off again, and well, it's quite terrible and terrifying.

I've noticed quite a few people on reddit, other forums discussing their own palpitations after using either NMN or resveratrol, or both...

Yet there are research papers postulating that both of these supplements could help prevent cardiac issues / arrythmias.

NMN / Resveratrol was the only change to my routine.  I'm wondering if it could be the culprit, which would be very disappointing as I had put a lot of research into these supplements before I tried them, and was very excited for the benefits.

One poster recommended taking TMG to prevent palpitations, and others said that TMG gave them palpitations. It's so confusing. I do eat at least 2 eggs each day.

Please let me know if anyone has any knowledge on this as a potential side effect for some people.

jocko6889

Re: NMN / Resveratrol arrhythmias?

Post by jocko6889 »

Esoterica wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:48 pm I'm a 36 year old female with no real medical history or issues - relatively healthy although I am overweight(desk job - long hours - I'm working on it). I started taking Renue NMN sublingual powder 1/2 scoop (0.25g)/day & Resveratrol 600mg/day in mid August of this year. I didn't feel any benefits as yet, but was excited to see what was to come.

Well, come mid September, I started having crazy palpitations, my fitbit showed a marked arrhythmia. This arrhythmia would go for hours each day. After an emergency hospital visit(during which the arrhythmia stopped by the time they placed me on the monitor), and seeing my general doctor, I've had a full blood test, holter monitor and echocardiogram.

I've already received my blood test results, with nothing irregular except for slightly low vitamin C and slightly low iron saturation. Tomorrow I get the results of the other tests from the doctor.

I stopped taking NMN and resveratrol immediately once this started, just in case it was the cause. I would say the palpitations have decreased slightly but then some days it goes off again, and well, it's quite terrible and terrifying.

I've noticed quite a few people on reddit, other forums discussing their own palpitations after using either NMN or resveratrol, or both...

Yet there are research papers postulating that both of these supplements could help prevent cardiac issues / arrythmias.

NMN / Resveratrol was the only change to my routine.  I'm wondering if it could be the culprit, which would be very disappointing as I had put a lot of research into these supplements before I tried them, and was very excited for the benefits.

One poster recommended taking TMG to prevent palpitations, and others said that TMG gave them palpitations. It's so confusing. I do eat at least 2 eggs each day.

Please let me know if anyone has any knowledge on this as a potential side effect for some people.

There is no research showing that either NMN or resveratrol cause arrhythmia or palpitations.

Newage

Post by Newage »

Heart palpitations after taking RBS NMN have certainly never come into play with me. I’m in the older age bracket and I have been taking “ RenueByScience” products for just over 4 years.
You did not say what the brand of Resveratrol it is that you are taking?
This could be the culprit (possibly caused by impurities) if it’s not RBS or another quality brand..
Anxiety could also be the cause from being concerned with the first isolated case and then further anxious symptoms causing problems from worrying about the initial palpitations.
You seem like you may be a type A person from how thoroughly  you have investigated the incident and if that’s the case that can also come into play.
I hope it settles down for you and please be guided by your medical practitioner and the test outcomes..

Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

56 years of age and I have been on NMN, Resveratrol + more since since June 2019, so over 4 years now with no arrhythmias issues at all, if anything my heart has improved with lower blood pressure now than what were it was 4 years ago. I also have more energy, have not caught anything like COVID, Flu, etc in 4 years, simply no "feel sick" days since taking on the supplements :D , it has really supercharged my immune system especially the combo of NMN/NAD/NR/TMG!

Its not just about NMN, etc though. I had by time of starting NMN back in 2019 already been on a journey chipping away 16 years to improve diet and exercise so had a reasonable base. Now over the last 4 years with significantly more "fuel in the tank" I have been able to increase exercise, then I tailored supplements and diet as informed by DNA testing and most importantly sleep sorted :)

To provide some perspective where I have come from, my first notable heart palpitation occurred around age 15, by aged 18 my girlfriend at the time was freaking out about a heart palpitation I was having (me thinking, yeah had one before it will pass..hopefully..) so drove me to hospital, I was diagnosed with gout at 19 (yep diet was that bad) and so on.

Each time palpitations at different lengths, with varied triggers, but never sustained. Having worked on the triggers over the years through to my 30's the palpitations declined, to be very infrequent but by then I was starting to collect other health issues. Thankfully at 36 years I decided I needed to get fit, started looking for an exercise and landed with mountain bike riding, still going now for 20 years!

Notable palpitations triggers for for me were;
mental - nervous, anxious, confrontation, about to do a presentation to 20 people or more, etc. 
diet / lifestyle - excess caffeine, alcohol, cigarettes
drugs - Pseudoephedrine, etc.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

I have to agree with boxcast, newage and Jocko. I too have been on Renue's product line now for a good 4.5 yrs and if anything my health markers have greatly improved. Im healthier today at 54 than I was at 45. Alittle history about me, I developed a massive blood clot in my entire left leg that broke off and went into both of my lungs. Come to find out I had May Thurners disease. Born this way as I was told in ICU. Make a long story short, I ended up having one procedure and 4 stents later I was back to living life. Taking NMN or NAD complete from Renue helped my body regrow new veins in my leg to now my L leg is normal. Doctors at first were telling me I was going to need an ablation done to close down the bad veins that stopped working because of the clot. A couple of ultrasounds later they could see that my body already grew new veins to take over to complete blood flow through my leg. Lets just say the Docs were baffled... I owe this to taking NMN or NAD complete for this radical change in such a short time frame. I know this had nothing to do with your questions but I figured I would give you my experience with Renue's products. Your heart issues in my opinion are coming from something else. I think in you case further testing is necessary.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic