Bioage TestingWhat tests do you do?

MJClark

What tests do you do?

Post by MJClark »

In the interview with Dr. Huberman, Dr. Sinclair indicated that he measures the progress of things. For him it is a range of tests that he has done. 

I know I have some blood work tests done each year as part of my physical, but what tests do you have to measure your progress? Do you do blood, urine, DNA, or physical fitness tests? Any information would be appreciated. 

If you haven't tested, how do you know you are getting the results that you wanted?
Boxcost

Re: What tests do you do?

Post by Boxcost »

MJClark wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:42 pm In the interview with Dr. Huberman, Dr. Sinclair indicated that he measures the progress of things. For him it is a range of tests that he has done. 

I know I have some blood work tests done each year as part of my physical, but what tests do you have to measure your progress? Do you do blood, urine, DNA, or physical fitness tests? Any information would be appreciated. 

Regular testing is: 1-2 blood tests per year (I have over 13 years of data now) and 2 x gut bacteria tests per year (last 3 years). I have also looked at my genes and ran a few reports from some of the services available to provide insights on my genes.

The free blood tests you get in Australia cover a few minerals / vitamins like Iron, B12, Folate and D3 levels - have been thinking of expanding to include Vitamin K and others that are chargeable.

On milestones ('0's and '5's so 40 - 45 - 50, etc) I ratchet it up, as an example; ECG for heart, x-ray scan of areas of concern/interest (was a cigarette smoker for 20 years) so lungs and teeth - try to limit optional xray's to every 10 years though to minimise radiation exposure!

Plus also the Australian government provides free bowl cancer tests every 2 years.

Newage

Post by Newage »

As the doona said to the bed..
”You have it covered Boxcost”
ps: blend parsley into your daily smoothie and you will never have to worry about Vitamin K deficiency....
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

Newage wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:44 pm As the doona said to the bed..
”You have it covered Boxcost”
ps: blend parsley into your daily smoothie and you will never have to worry about Vitamin K deficiency....

Thanks Newage, already do parsley - both fresh and dried in my smoothie (and Kale) + Vitamin K2 MK-7 at 200ug - so should hopefully be loaded! :)

I do have the "VKORC1" gene which has "Less efficient vitamin k recycling" so I make sure to cover all bets, at the same time my gut bacteria is also supposed to produce a lot of K - keen to know where my numbers are though so reason for a future test.

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Happy New Year!
I don't do any tests. But now that i am getting CaAKG I think I will take the C-reactive protein (Hs-CRP) Test. I have been working for 2 years on reducing inflammation and inflammatory biomarkers in my body, so I expect great results.
MJClark

Post by MJClark »

Boxcost wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:28 pm
MJClark wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:42 pm In the interview with Dr. Huberman, Dr. Sinclair indicated that he measures the progress of things. For him it is a range of tests that he has done. 

Regular testing is: 1-2 blood tests per year (I have over 13 years of data now) and 2 x gut bacteria tests per year (last 3 years). I have also looked at my genes and ran a few reports from some of the services available to provide insights on my genes.

The free blood tests you get in Australia cover a few minerals / vitamins like Iron, B12, Folate and D3 levels - have been thinking of expanding to include Vitamin K and others that are chargeable.

On milestones ('0's and '5's so 40 - 45 - 50, etc) I ratchet it up, as an example; ECG for heart, x-ray scan of areas of concern/interest (was a cigarette smoker for 20 years) so lungs and teeth - try to limit optional xray's to every 10 years though to minimise radiation exposure!

Plus also the Australian government provides free bowl cancer tests every 2 years.

Is there one company over another that you have had better luck with for your bloodwork tests, or are these just through your doctor's office? 

For your bloodwork and gut bacteria tests, what specific items are they testing for? 

Have you had a biological age test and if so, did the results appear to be correct and understandable? 

If you haven't tested, how do you know you are getting the results that you wanted?
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

MJClark wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:41 am

Is there one company over another that you have had better luck with for your bloodwork tests, or are these just through your doctor's office? 

For your bloodwork and gut bacteria tests, what specific items are they testing for? 

Have you had a biological age test and if so, did the results appear to be correct and understandable? 

Bloodwork in Australia is provided free by the government via endorsed labs. So its a doctors visit (not free but subsidised so costs me $40) and a blood test referral. 

Gut bacteria testing I subscribe to https://microba.com/ for 6 monthly test. Shows me what species I have, ones of interest, the potential of my gut microbiome to produce or consume different metabolites associated with health.  Some metabolites have been associated with health benefits while others have been associated with poor health.

No biological age test as yet, awaiting for the science to mature and prices to stablise.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Boxcost wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:09 pm
MJClark wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:41 am

Bloodwork in Australia is provided free by the government via endorsed labs. So its a doctors visit (not free but subsidised so costs me $40) and a blood test referral. 

Gut bacteria testing I subscribe to https://microba.com/ for 6 monthly test. Shows me what species I have, ones of interest, the potential of my gut microbiome to produce or consume different metabolites associated with health.  Some metabolites have been associated with health benefits while others have been associated with poor health.

No biological age test as yet, awaiting for the science to mature and prices to stablise.

Nice, Im going to check out microba.com for my gut health needs as well....thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic