Bioage TestingScientists develop blood test that predicts whether you'll die in next 10 years

jocko6889

Scientists develop blood test that predicts whether you'll die in next 10 years

Post by jocko6889 »

New tests are beginning to hone in on the essential biomarkers related to aging and death.  Scientists from the Max Planck Institute have assembled 14 biomarkers in a blood test that predicts whether you will die in the next 10 years.

"Scientists develop blood test that predicts whether you'll die in next 10 years

While it’s not exactly the most cheerful thought for a Wednesday morning, one day, all of us will die.

But if you could find out exactly when you'll die, would you want to know?

Scientists from the Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing have developed a new blood test that can predict whether you’ll die within the next 10 years.

The test relies on biomarkers in the blood linked to various factors that appear to affect your risk of death."

For more, click the link below:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/science/scient ... s-18975838

NewLifeScience

Re: Scientists develop blood test that predicts whether you'll die in next 10 years

Post by NewLifeScience »

This sounds a lot like Scrooge, asking the Ghost of Christmas future whether the future was definitely going to happen or if it was something that might be.
EdS

Re: Scientists develop blood test that predicts whether you'll die in next 10 years

Post by EdS »

Not really interested
Newage

Post by Newage »

Would be more interested in predicting wether or not I will win the lottery ..A far more positive thought !
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

of course I'd find out! Knowing I'm not going to die would be great news! And knowing I am, I would retire and live my best life saying no to nothing, rather than working day in and day out until I die an early death. seems like a no brainer to me.
Newage

Post by Newage »

The old saying of “ live every day like tomorrow is your last day” seems to be a good guide.
That way predictions wether good or bad would not be so relevant..
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

It appears an ethical dilemma has been found. Should we use tests that provide information that can’t currently be changed?
Newage

Post by Newage »

Imagine a conclusive test to say you were going to be financially ruined in 10 years.
There would be not much incentive to keep building your business.
If you take my point..
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Drdavid wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:40 pm It appears an ethical dilemma has been found. Should we use tests that provide information that can’t currently be changed?
Or can it be changed? The negative results one might find in their bloodwork to say they will die within 10 years could very well be because of poor health due to poor health choices... I dont think it's ever too late to change your life around and become healthy and active. We see it all the time. This test might very well just be saying that if you carry on life the way you currently are, you will die in 10 years. Sure, in some scenarios, the test may be referring to hereditary issues and people who are predisposed to deceases that run in the family. But we also all know it's possible to become a healthier version of you by taking action. I'm pretty sure thats why we're all on this forum isn't it? So that we can live longer than we otherwise would...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic