Bioage TestingAnyone do methylation clock testing?

jocko6889

Re: Anyone do methylation clock testing?

Post by jocko6889 »

rhett wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:26 pm Ordered a test kit from mydnage today (the blood test version). I'll let you all know how it goes!

I had been thinking about it, but the thing that pushed me over the edge was that I found a coupon code on this site: https://www.wethrift.com/mydnage that worked and took 20% off the total.
I think they're heavily discounting it because the test is unreliable. I questioned the results of my first test, so they sent another kit to retest. Results of the second test were fully 12 bioyears different from the first test. There were only 2 months difference between the two tests with no changes to lifestyle or diet. Their solution? They sent two more test kits, which I didn't send back. To me, they already proved their method was totally unreliable.

Although there may be something to methylation testing, the way it's implemented with this particular company is sketchy at best. They had no good explanation for the results. Not sure if there's another methylation test that would be better but I'm waiting a few years until the tests are more accepted, mainstream, and reliable.

rhett

Post by rhett »

Ah that’s a shame. Maybe they’re not really ready for prime time yet.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Newage wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:40 pm
rhett wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:26 pm Ordered a test kit from mydnage today (the blood test version). I'll let you all know how it goes!

I had been thinking about it, but the thing that pushed me over the edge was that I found a coupon code on this site: https://www.wethrift.com/mydnage that worked and took 20% off the total.
Interesting rhett.
Don’t forget to post your results with your real age as a comparison and how hard your life has “been lived”
Depending on your genetics this can have a significant bearing on the results
I don't disagree this can be measured to some degree. But i do question whether this can be standardised to come up with any age.

Is this somehow related to telomeres?
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Hey newage did you get the results back from that kit that you ordered?
Newage

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:48 pm Hey newage did you get the results back from that kit that you ordered?
I never ended up going ahead with it after Jocko’s much earlier advice about possible unreliable results.
I just use real time feelings and the fact that I can still run fast at the time when most
“old guys” are having trouble walking.. 🛴
I rode my pump up scooter 5 klms the other day to have a coffee now that the cafes have reopened. There’s not too many of us “seniors” on pump up scooters. Mine was the only one parked out the front... :lol:
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Lol, Love it newage, your enthusiasm is contagious!
adelehorin

Post by adelehorin »

I also got the Mydnage.com test and I just got failed. Looking for the next try.  ;) :D

daitoshi

Post by daitoshi »

I've tested biological age with TruDiagnostic twice, and I like their testing so far - they seem to be focused on research and continuously improving testing, rather than "This is the product and it's perfect".  They list out a lot of lifestyle/supplement changes that have been shown to reduce biological age in studies, and even link to the studies to read them yourself, but don't claim that those results will work for everyone. 

I like that they update their reports/algorithms, and even retroactively add new reports to past results. It's not just biological age - in the last year added telomere length, the dunedin pace of aging, and immune system age to my reports (despite not having a new test done in that time) 

I tested 6 months apart, and the two results were very close to each other - with the second round of results being only slightly lower than the first (I went from quite sedentary and junky diet to exerising regularly and switching between keto & intermittant fasting over that 6-month period) 

They frame it like "there's a lot of different ways to measure aging - we're trying to give you as many different angles to look at it as we can so you can make a bigger picture of aging than any single test alone" 

So yeah. Based on my experience w/ them so far, I'd recommend TruDiagnostic's 'Truage' test. It's a bit expensive, but the fact that all the old reports keep growing makes it feel worth it. 
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

daitoshi wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:46 pm They list out a lot of lifestyle/supplement changes that have been shown to reduce biological age in studies, and even link to the studies to read them yourself, but don't claim that those results will work for everyone. 

So is it a blood test or saliva sample?  What are they actually testing for, i.e. in a blood test they might test for levels of testosterone, glucose, hs-CRP for inflammation, etc.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic