LongevityTelomeres; let's make a master list

canadahealthy

Re: Telomeres; let's make a master list

Post by canadahealthy »

Looks like we can add fisetin to the Telomere promoter list - a great find by Alberty. It also seems to promote hair growth.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33178686/

Excellent news!

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Well this is great. A list of 10 activities and/or supplements that can benefit the telomeres in your body, a major component involved in longevity.

Pro-Telomere                                                                       Anti-Telomere

Astragalus                                                                             Processed foods

Aerobic Exercise

Gotu Kola (Centella Asiatica)

Green / Chinese Tea

Fasting

Fisetin

Melatonin

Olive Oil (oleic acid)

Resveratrol

Vitamin D3
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

NewLifeScience wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:05 pm Well this is great. A list of 10 activities and/or supplements that can benefit the telomeres in your body, a major component involved in longevity.

Pro-Telomere                                                                       Anti-Telomere

Astragalus                                                                             Processed foods

Aerobic Exercise

Green / Chinese Tea

Fasting

Fisetin

Melatonin

Olive Oil (oleic acid)

Resveratrol

Vitamin D3

We need to add NMN to this list :)

https://www.nmn.com/news/nmn-improves-t ... ged-people

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

NewLifeScience wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:05 pm Well this is great. A list of 10 activities and/or supplements that can benefit the telomeres in your body, a major component involved in longevity.

NMN                                                                                     Processed foods

Astragalus                                                                             

Aerobic Exercise

Green / Chinese Tea

Fasting

Fisetin

Melatonin

Olive Oil (oleic acid)

Resveratrol

Vitamin D3

Of course, BIG omission.

jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

Now, I understand your big list NewLifeCanada. You want to age backwards.

That is very interesting, since the items in your list appear to check out. I don't know the difference between naturally occurring lengthy telomeres and enhanced telomeres. Since they are a protective strand on each end... i think enhanced will do the same thing.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

jessicaP wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:23 pm Now, I understand your big list NewLifeCanada. You want to age backwards.

That is very interesting, since the items in your list appear to check out. I don't know the difference between naturally occurring lengthy telomeres and enhanced telomeres. Since they are a protective strand on each end... i think enhanced will do the same thing.

You got me Jessica! I also meant to describe a list of things detrimental to telomere length, but that proved more tedious than finding promoters.

Along with NMNs restorative powers and Resveratrols, and the anti-Inflammation process that I feel helps destroy inflammatory biomarkers that age us, I also thought it would be good to have a strategy to consume vitamins and supplements shown to lengthen them. I have been doing this for over 18 months and I do feel great.

When my CaKg arrives i think that will complete this current bundle.
michaeljkelly

Post by michaeljkelly »

This is fascinating stuff. I am curious if Alpha-Ketoglutarate does something beneficial to our telomeres.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

michaeljkelly wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:03 pm This is fascinating stuff. I am curious if Alpha-Ketoglutarate does something beneficial to our telomeres.

I am not sure about that, but with the test that had a small number of users showed them with much less C-reactive protein and other inflammatory biomarkers, and cytokines which is just as important.

https://alivebyscience.com/longevity-key-caakg/
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Wow, even though I worked at this post a long time ago. It is nice to se so many tools, ,many readily available to add length to our years...
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

Here is another tool to consider: Hyperbaric Treatment

The study showed a statistically significant increase in telomere length, telomere length increased by 30 percent in T-helper cells, 38 percent in B cells, and 22 percent in natural killer cells!

Now where can I find a Hyperbaric chamber for some treatment...... :)

Link to the article:
https://www.aging-us.com/article/202188/text

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic