LongevityArticle: "Want to Live 12 Years Longer? A 30-Year Study Says Embracing an Optimism Mindset..."

OzSport

Article: "Want to Live 12 Years Longer? A 30-Year Study Says Embracing an Optimism Mindset..."

Post by OzSport »

This is a neat article discussing the benefits of being optimistic, and introduces the concepts of a fixed and growth mindset (growth mindset is the best!):

"Want to Live 12 Years Longer? A 30-Year Study Says Embracing an Optimism Mindset Is a Major Predictor of Longevity"

https://www.inc.com/jeff-haden/live-lon ... ation.html

smokinjoe

Re: Article: "Want to Live 12 Years Longer? A 30-Year Study Says Embracing an Optimism Mindset..."

Post by smokinjoe »

I know it's hard to be optimistic if things are tough enough to bring you down. These last two years have been enough to lower my motivation considerably and put me in a depression.

Lately I recalled an Tony Robbins video i watched (i like this guy he had done his homework) and he was talking about what it means to be 'happy'.

What it boiled down to was making progress. If you need to feel optimistic, just do something everyday towards a goal. I find myself taking this approach often. And it does lead to optimism.
RobSmith

Re: Article: "Want to Live 12 Years Longer? A 30-Year Study Says Embracing an Optimism Mindset..."

Post by RobSmith »

smokinjoe wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:50 pm I know it's hard to be optimistic if things are tough enough to bring you down. These last two years have been enough to lower my motivation considerably and put me in a depression.

Smokinjoe, we are all here with you on this journey so you aren't alone and don't get down - CoVid will go away - I truly believe this Omicron variant will be the last wave anyone worries about and we'll largely be back to normal once this one subsides. 
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic