LongevityArticle: "Don’t Let The Old Man In: How To Develop A Longevity Mindset And Fight Psychological Aging?"

OzSport

Article: "Don’t Let The Old Man In: How To Develop A Longevity Mindset And Fight Psychological Aging?"

Post by OzSport »

This was an interesting article discussing the importance of a positive mindset, as it can contribute to longevity (the opposite of a positive mindset is a failure mindset):

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexzhavor ... be4ba87c15

TedB

Re: Article: "Don’t Let The Old Man In: How To Develop A Longevity Mindset And Fight Psychological Aging?"

Post by TedB »

It is such a great point. I think the best thing for an aging mind is to keep having a goal and work to get a sense of progress everyday.

To me as long as I have something to work on, I don't think I will ever feel old.

Newage

Re: Article: "Don’t Let The Old Man In: How To Develop A Longevity Mindset And Fight Psychological Aging?"

Post by Newage »

TedB wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:35 pm  
It is such a great point. I think the best thing for an aging mind is to keep having a goal and work to get a sense of progress everyday.

To me as long as I have something to work on, I don't think I will ever feel old.

As I have continually stated on the forum, a large percentage of factors to do with
well-being and therefore longevity has to do with strong positive mindset.. :shock:

Newage

Post by Newage »

OzSport wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:46 pm This was an interesting article discussing the importance of a positive mindset, as it can contribute to longevity (the opposite of a positive mindset is a failure mindset):

I love that heading OzSport..
”Don’t let the old man in”
I’m going to use that phrase  :lol:

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

That is a good phrase I must say!
Pickleball101

Post by Pickleball101 »

At 81, I'm probably the eldest in this Forum, and over the last three years, have contributed reports on my improved health and performance in Pickleball play with RenuebyScience products. But there's another twist to Not letting "the Old Man in", over time, as one benefits from resetting their biological clock. And that's the people around you who notice you're Not getting older, but younger, more vital, and have an improved life style compared to their own downhill run.
"No ones an Isle to them selves..." and this affirmation motivates me more than anything else, to be here, slugging it out with you, for the long haul to 100.
Ben, Pickleball101, 81
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Rock on Pickleball.... ;)

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

I agree with the general thrust of this article.

Obviously you need to work at fending off aging. We are so lucky to be living when there is so much we can do and that is backed by science.

But exercise is going to be the front of the line.
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

Newage wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:47 pm
OzSport wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:46 pm This was an interesting article discussing the importance of a positive mindset, as it can contribute to longevity (the opposite of a positive mindset is a failure mindset):

I love that heading OzSport..
”Don’t let the old man in”
I’m going to use that phrase  :lol:

Haha, it is indeed a good phrase, eh?!   :lol:

OzSport

Post by OzSport »

Pickleball101 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:19 pm At 81, I'm probably the eldest in this Forum, and over the last three years, have contributed reports on my improved health and performance in Pickleball play with RenuebyScience products. But there's another twist to Not letting "the Old Man in", over time, as one benefits from resetting their biological clock. And that's the people around you who notice you're Not getting older, but younger, more vital, and have an improved life style compared to their own downhill run.
"No ones an Isle to them selves..." and this affirmation motivates me more than anything else, to be here, slugging it out with you, for the long haul to 100.
Ben, Pickleball101, 81

Keep it up, Pickleball101 - we always enjoy hearing about your updates!   :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic