LongevityAKG Alpha-Ketoglutarate Age Reversal proof by Dr. David Sinclair

Newage

Re: AKG Alpha-Ketoglutarate Age Reversal proof by Dr. David Sinclair

Post by Newage »

RobSmith wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:06 pm
NewLifeScience wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:02 pm I really don't trust olive oil to be the quality it portends to be, we are going with Sunflower oil.

Totally agree that you really need to know the origin of your Olive Oil for it to be trustworthy, but don't do Sunflower oil instead. The way that is processed destroys all the goodness. (Its the same with all the seed oils). It's what gave me acid reflux for 10+ years (since cured once I stopped using it). I strongly believe you would be doing more harm than good. 

If you can't find a trustworthy source of Olive Oil I suggest you use good old-fashioned lard or beef tallow. 

Fly in “Aussie Virgin Olive Oil”. What’s on the bottle is what’s in the Bottle..👍

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Here's another nifty thing you can do to test if your olive oil is real or not, put it in the fridge over night. If the olive oil becomes cloudy then it is real....if not well then throw away! ;)

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

NewLifeScience wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:02 pm I really don't trust olive oil to be the quality it portends to be, we are going with Sunflower oil.

Totally agree that you really need to know the origin of your Olive Oil for it to be trustworthy, but don't do Sunflower oil instead. The way that is processed destroys all the goodness. (Its the same with all the seed oils). It's what gave me acid reflux for 10+ years (since cured once I stopped using it). I strongly believe you would be doing more harm than good. 

If you can't find a trustworthy source of Olive Oil I suggest you use good old-fashioned lard or beef tallow. 

Seriously? Is the damage done during manufacture or after? Wow, maye i should just try to get Oleic Acid.
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

NewLifeScience wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 7:32 pm

Seriously? Is the damage done during manufacture or after? Wow, maye i should just try to get Oleic Acid.

Yes, the damage is done during manufacturing. It's the heat in the process that causes it. 
Olive oil is cold pressed, hence no problems. That said, it is true that not all olive oil is high in polyphenols. 
Certainly you need Extra Virgin Olive Oil (don't buy a "blend" as this is usually just all the leftover dregs), it must be in a glass bottle (not plastic), that glass bottle must be dark and not clear (light degrades it), and the best trick is the younger the crop (i.e. harvested when green long before fully ripe) the higher the concentration of good polyphenols by multiple amounts. 
Needless to say, the early harvest oil costs much more than your average bottle, but you don't have to consume anywhere near as much for the same benefits. This is really one case where paying up for quality does make a big difference.
Find a trusted supplier - its worth it. 

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

RobSmith wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:47 pm
NewLifeScience wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 7:32 pm

Yes, the damage is done during manufacturing. It's the heat in the process that causes it. 
Olive oil is cold pressed, hence no problems. That said, it is true that not all olive oil is high in polyphenols. 
Certainly you need Extra Virgin Olive Oil (don't buy a "blend" as this is usually just all the leftover dregs), it must be in a glass bottle (not plastic), that glass bottle must be dark and not clear (light degrades it), and the best trick is the younger the crop (i.e. harvested when green long before fully ripe) the higher the concentration of good polyphenols by multiple amounts. 
Needless to say, the early harvest oil costs much more than your average bottle, but you don't have to consume anywhere near as much for the same benefits. This is really one case where paying up for quality does make a big difference.
Find a trusted supplier - its worth it. 

Listen,
thanks for this Rob, between you and another knowledgeable member, I have avoided a dangerous choice and NLS has avoided harming his mother.

Everything after NMN I have learned largely right here in this forum.
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

My advice is just follow Dr William Li when it comes to the best Olive Oil & foods, he has tested a lot of them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VyMQXME9YE

Check this out also:
https://www.oliveoil.com/high-polyphenol-olive-oil/

These are a few of the higher polyphenol varieties from the article:
  • Koroneiki
  • Picual
  • Moraiolo
  • Coratina
  • Mission
  • Picholine
  • Manzanillo

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

vauss88 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:17 pm
canadahealthy wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:16 pm
vauss88 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:28 pm Here is a link to the original study I believe this is based on. I started on standard AKG about 8 months ago and recently switched to RBS lipo AKG.

Rejuvant®, a potential life-extending compound formulation with alpha-ketoglutarate and vitamins, conferred an average 8 year reduction in biological aging, after an average of 7 months of use, in the TruAge DNA methylation test

https://www.aging-us.com/article/203736/text

So you MUST be noticing the effects of this AKG by now. Can you report anything?
Was it CaAKG (calcium, AKG)?

Sorry for the delay in my response. No, nothing that I can see, but note that I am taking quite a few liposomal products from RBS now, including apigenin, quercetin, CaAKG, berberine, and nicotinamide riboside. So it would be difficult to pin down to just CaAKG. Also, got covid last week, but no symptoms that could'nt be attributed to just spring allergies if we hadn't tested for it.

I have only been at it for just under 2 months nowm and I can also say I don't really feel all that different.

My hair went from 15% grey to 5% grey with the initial use of NMN within 6-8 months. I now have no grey hair at all, except on my beard hair... although it is getting a bit darker.

My stamina and recovery time for either cardiovascular exercise or pulled muscle is that of a much younger person. I am 55 and I feel more like I am in my 30s.

But now that I am in my 3rd year of anti-aging activities, i think I just enjoy a very good sense of wellbeing knowing that I am giving my body an essentially magic treatment of turning back the clock in a measurable way, for my health, strength and longevity.

JanCOhio

Post by JanCOhio »

I am 3 months in with CaAKG and all I can say is my face is looking tighter. I have lost some weight too and that has always been challenging.

That study went in for 7 months. I wonder if this is something you take indefinitely or may take a couple months off every six months.   

I will go at least another 3 months, I am just wondering what other people here plan.
vauss88

Post by vauss88 »

JanCOhio wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:33 am I am 3 months in with CaAKG and all I can say is my face is looking tighter. I have lost some weight too and that has always been challenging.

That study went in for 7 months. I wonder if this is something you take indefinitely or may take a couple months off every six months.   

I will go at least another 3 months, I am just wondering what other people here plan.

At age 70, I plan to continue taking it continuously along with Alpha ketoglutaric acid. Lipo CaAKG in the morning, acid at lunch and dinner.
ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON »

vauss88 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:28 pm Here is a link to the original study I believe this is based on. I started on standard AKG about 8 months ago and recently switched to RBS lipo AKG.

Rejuvant®, a potential life-extending compound formulation with alpha-ketoglutarate and vitamins, conferred an average 8 year reduction in biological aging, after an average of 7 months of use, in the TruAge DNA methylation test

https://www.aging-us.com/article/203736/text

This is literally a staggering claim! What would it feel like to turn the clock back that much in such a short time. It absolutely must feel different.

Also, what if you take it another 7 months and another...? This is going to be damn interesting to follow.

Naturally I have ordered 3 bottles to discover just that. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic