LongevityMy intro and plans, advice welcome :)

The2ndAttention

My intro and plans, advice welcome :)

Post by The2ndAttention »

Hi,

Just wanted to make my first post  :)
  I've been reading through the forums for a while and have decided to get my stuff together and do something.

I'm a 48 y/o male, live in Tasmania, no health problems and not on any medications.

Supplement wise, I take vitamin C (~ 5gm/day, primarily because of what I read about Linus Pauling) and I IF by skipping breakfast.

Don't really remember how I first stumbled across NMM/NR/NAD but I definitely fell down the rabbit hole soon after.

I have purchased some items from RBS (and won a couple). This includes lipo Fisetin gel (so I can copy the Mayo Clinic protocol), NAD+ Complete and lipo NR.

I haven't taken anything as yet and this is where I would be interested in what you are all doing, or would recommend.

So, seeing as I haven't been to the doctors in years, I think I should test and track where I am now and then test again to monitor what each particular product/dose does for me.

I've been reading the Longevity blog by Nick Engerer and picked up a few ideas and resources too, and am planning on the following;

- genetic test and report (Self Decode) to see what my dna might highlight.

- blood tests. I'm thinking this one, https://www.i-screen.com.au/tests/endur ... -test-male. Hopefully this will show up anything that needs attention.

- NAD test (Jinfiniti?) Before and after taking NAD+ Complete. Is this even worthwhile though if it only test blood levels of NAD? This doesn't tell you if it is making its way into your organs and muscles though does it? How long is long enough before re-testing? 1 month?

- What is a good test to determine if Fisetin has been worthwhile taking? A high sensitivity CRP test? This is included in the blood test package above, so I could just re-do this part after I re-create the Mayo clinic protocol.

- A glutathione test (possibly this one https://www.naturalhealthgroup.com.au/p ... -oxidised/) as I would like to take either lipo Glutathione or NAC + glycine if my levels are low.

- I'll include a vitamin D3/K2 combo if my levels indicate I need it - will test these after a month or so as well.

So, what are your thoughts? Good, bad, waste of time or $$?

I have also just purchased (but not received) a Platinum LED BioMax light so I can include some red light, PBM in my day - and was wondering how I could evaluate this as well.

TP

vauss88

Re: My intro and plans, advice welcome :)

Post by vauss88 »

I noticed you purchased lipo NR, which I also am taking after about 4 years of using tru niagen NR. Based on my personal circumstances (age 70, male, with type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and high blood pressure), I think you can go slow on the lipo NR at first, say 300 mg 3-4 days a week to start, then ramp up to 300 mg  7 days a week. I say this because I am getting great benefits from just 600 mg a day despite my conditions and previous experience.
The2ndAttention

vauss88 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:37 pm I noticed you purchased lipo NR, which I also am taking after about 4 years of using tru niagen NR. Based on my personal circumstances (age 70, male, with type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and high blood pressure), I think you can go slow on the lipo NR at first, say 300 mg 3-4 days a week to start, then ramp up to 300 mg  7 days a week. I say this because I am getting great benefits from just 600 mg a day despite my conditions and previous experience.

Hey Vauss88, 

Thanks for your feedback. :)

It will probably be a month or so until I actually start taking anything as I want to get my tests organised first.

I'm interested if you tested your NAD levels at any stage? How are you evaluating whether you are taking enough or too much?

Also, is there any reason why you are just taking NR, rather than NMN or a combination like the NAD+ complete?

TP
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

Great idea to get a baseline before you start if you can, will allow you to measure and manage much better.

On testing if you are an Australian citizen you get free blood tests paid for by medicare. You do though need a referral for the blood test which like most things medicare start via your GP, that you can either pay for or some GP's "bulk bill" so again free. Suggest you look for a good doctor at best, if nothing around someone that at least follows instructions to ask either for a whole range of tests (I did all available blood, an ECG, scanned chest as an ex-smoker) to establish a baseline via my GP, i.e. it has been years turning 50 soon time to know what is actually going on.

Once you have reached the limits of the Australian "standard of care" which can be dated in some parts, suggest filling the gaps with any of that paid for fancy stuff :)

Once you have a baseline you can then target as required via lifestyle, supplementation and diet.
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

The2ndAttention wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:48 pm I'm interested if you tested your NAD levels at any stage? How are you evaluating whether you are taking enough or too much?

Also, is there any reason why you are just taking NR, rather than NMN or a combination like the NAD+ complete?

The combination product called Lipo NAD+ Complete is the best at increasing NAD+ levels in my opinion.  I took 4 capsules per day and after 2 weeks tested my NAD levels and they were that of a 20 year old.

Newage

Post by Newage »

jocko6889 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:26 pm
The2ndAttention wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:48 pm I'm interested if you tested your NAD levels at any stage? How are you evaluating whether you are taking enough or too much?

The combination product called Lipo NAD+ Complete is the best at increasing NAD+ levels in my opinion.  I took 4 capsules per day and after 2 weeks tested my NAD levels and they were that of a 20 year old.

I have to agree with Jocko when it comes to the NAD+ Complete. It covers most of the bases.. :shock:

The2ndAttention

Boxcost wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:51 am Great idea to get a baseline before you start if you can, will allow you to measure and manage much better.

On testing if you are an Australian citizen you get free blood tests paid for by medicare. You do though need a referral for the blood test which like most things medicare start via your GP, that you can either pay for or some GP's "bulk bill" so again free. Suggest you look for a good doctor at best, if nothing around someone that at least follows instructions to ask either for a whole range of tests (I did all available blood, an ECG, scanned chest as an ex-smoker) to establish a baseline via my GP, i.e. it has been years turning 50 soon time to know what is actually going on.

Once you have reached the limits of the Australian "standard of care" which can be dated in some parts, suggest filling the gaps with any of that paid for fancy stuff :)

Once you have a baseline you can then target as required via lifestyle, supplementation and diet.

Hey Boxcost,

It's hard to find  a good doctor (so I hear!) and where I live, none bulk bill and you can't get an appointment for weeks. So that's why I was thinking of just paying for the tests I want, rather than waste my time waiting and then doctor shopping until I found a decent one.

If you have any tips on how to find a good one though, please let me know! :D

The2ndAttention

jocko6889 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:26 pm

Hey Jocko,

That's good to hear! When I first stumbled across NAD, it was definitely confusing when some people claim only NR works, others that NMN is better... so I bought 3 of the NAD+ Complete. I figured its got all 3 forms in there so something has to work :)  and shortly after won some lipo NR.

Can I ask where you get your tests done? Did you do one before supplementing as well? And when you get your results back, does it tell you what level is associated with what age group?

TP

Newage

Post by Newage »

The2ndAttention wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:41 pm
Boxcost wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:51 am Great idea to get a baseline before you start if you can, will allow you to measure and manage much better.

Hey Boxcost,

It's hard to find  a good doctor (so I hear!) and where I live, none bulk bill and you can't get an appointment for weeks. So that's why I was thinking of just paying for the tests I want, rather than waste my time waiting and then doctor shopping until I found a decent one.

What City /Country are you located in The2ndAttention?
There are some good Doctors out there but they are not easy to find, especially one that is receptive to our views..

The2ndAttention

Newage wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:42 pm
The2ndAttention wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:41 pm

Hey Boxcost,

What City /Country are you located in The2ndAttention?
There are some good Doctors out there but they are not easy to find, especially one that is receptive to our views..

I'm in Hobart, Tasmania Newage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic