Miscellaneous TopicsResveratrol and covid19

Newage

Re: Resveratrol and covid19

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:25 am Exactly mate. Also, Lysine is very cheap and in most drug stores which should be easy for anyone to attain. :D

A good and informative article on the possible benefits of l-Lysine drkris69  👍
Unfortunately taken with a persons daily Caffeine (Coffee) fix seems to negate the effects...

jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

My cat has had the herpes virus since she was a kitten.  Although there is no cure, I try to treat the symptoms - sneezing, runny nose, coughing, etc.  The strange thing about L-lysine is that there are some studies that say it's great for cats with a virus and others that say it either has no effect or can be harmful.  So through trial and error, I've found L-lysine beneficial mixed with NMN and half a tab of Benadril stirred in her wet cat food every day.  She still has a low level of congestion, which may never completely go away but at least she's much happier and full of energy, which I attribute to the NMN, but the whole cocktail seems to work together.  I also have two older cats that get NMN every day.

I've been bringing up developing NMN dog/cat treats in meetings to no avail.  At least not yet.
Newage

Post by Newage »

jocko6889 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:11 pm My cat has had the herpes virus since she was a kitten.  Although there is no cure, I try to treat the symptoms - sneezing, runny nose, coughing, etc.  The strange thing about L-lysine is that there are some studies that say it's great for cats with a virus and others that say it either has no effect or can be harmful.  So through trial and error, I've found L-lysine beneficial mixed with NMN and half a tab of Benadril stirred in her wet cat food every day.  She still has a low level of congestion, which may never completely go away but at least she's much happier and full of energy, which I attribute to the NMN, but the whole cocktail seems to work together.  I also have two older cats that get NMN every day.

I've been bringing up developing NMN dog/cat treats in meetings to no avail.  At least not yet.

Potentially a huge market with pet owners Jocko..
Some people feed and look after their pets before themselves..
It would be a telltale trial for longevity seeing that most dogs and cats only normally live somewhere between 10 to 20 years.
NMN and NAD+ “Smacko’s”. I’m not sure if you have them over there but Smacko’s are a very popular dog treat..

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Oh wow, I agree that would huge nitch as people spend alot of money on their pets and anything to keep their pets living healthier and longer!
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

drkris69 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:50 am Oh wow, I agree that would huge nitch as people spend alot of money on their pets and anything to keep their pets living healthier and longer!

I have our 13yo family poodle on approx. 200mg of NMN daily.

She is doing great, runs and jumps around like a puppy :)
Newage

Post by Newage »

Boxcost wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:56 pm
drkris69 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:50 am Oh wow, I agree that would huge nitch as people spend alot of money on their pets and anything to keep their pets living healthier and longer!

I have our 13yo family poodle on approx. 200mg of NMN daily.

She is doing great, runs and jumps around like a puppy :)

There you go Boxcost. It seems NMN and NAD+ works for animals as well as humans.
At 13 years your dog is probably the equivalent of a 60 to 70 human. Remember most early NMN trials were done with mice that only live to approximately 24 months.

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

I will keep this in mind next time I get a dog. My previous dog died a couple of yrs ago and Im still not over it.
stayceewilson2x

Post by stayceewilson2x »

Drugs for treating diabetes, obesity & ageing can potentially be used to treat COVID-19.  Drugs for treating diabetes, obesity & ageing can potentially be used to treat Covid: Researchers New Delhi, Oct 11 (PTI) Existing drugs used to treat diabetes, obesity and ageing can potentially be used to treat COVID-19, researchers from the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Bhopal have found.

The team has recently published a review of the biomolecular relationships among COVID-19, ageing and diabetes. The review has been published in the journal Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry and offers insight into future directions in COVID-19 therapeutics.

With the nearly two-year-long COVID-19 pandemic continuing to ravage the world, we are beginning to slowly understand the virus and its functioning. It is now known that the effects of the viral infection are severe on aging population and people with existing diabetic conditions.

“There are studies being conducted worldwide on the effects of aging and diabetes on the short and long term outcomes of the COVID-19 infection,” Amjad Husain, Chief Executive Officer, Innovation and Incubation Center for Entrepreneurship (IICE), IISER Bhopal said.
hipaa compliant texting https://curogram.com/hipaa-compliant-texting
The published review shows that at the molecular level, there are intersecting pathways that are common to diabetes, aging, and COVID-19. All three conditions are associated with oxidative stress and lowering of the immune response and complications arising from them lead to the onset of numerous other diseases such as cardiovascular disorders, eye diseases, neuropathy (nerve diseases), and nephropathy (kidney problems).

The researchers believe that an ideal therapeutic candidate for COVID-19 should be able to target the pathways that are common to diabetes, ageing and the SARS-CoV-2 infection.

“There are classes of compounds such as polyphenols found in plant-based food, curcumin (found in turmeric), and resveratrol (found in grapes), have been shown to not only slow down the ageing process but also possess anti-viral properties,” said Husain.

Some other polyphenols that the researchers have identified as being useful for both COVID-19 treatment and comorbidity conditions such as diabetes and ageing may include catechins (present in green tea, cocoa and berries), procyanidins (found in apples, cinnamon and grape skin), and theaflavin (found in black tea).

“We also have evidence of some existing potential anti-aging drugs such as Rapamycin that can be explored for the COVID-19 treatment because of the common biochemical pathways associated with these diseases. Another such example is a drug Metformin which is usually used to control blood sugar,” he said.

The scientists have also performed computational studies to show that lipids present in cell membranes play an important role in coronavirus infectivity. Natural compounds such as polyphenols may affect the binding of the virus to host receptors and the molecular interactions required for virus replication and release, thereby stopping the infection in its early stages.

“There is an urgent need to shortlist effective therapeutics from the existing pool of potential compounds as the time taken to discover a new drug and its approval takes longer,” said the lead researcher.

The scientists believe that natural compounds such as curcumin and resveratrol, among others, and existing drugs such as metformin and Rapamyci have potential to get tested extensively for the treatment of COVID-19 and post-coronavirus syndrome.

TedB

Post by TedB »

Well we had overnight company that tested positive for Covid 19 the next day. Yes we are all triple boosted, but one is up in years and Omicron is very contagious.

But we are all on NMN and RSV as well as other supplements.

The good news is after 7 days we all tested negative.

I think that NMN might had elevated things on top of everything else to protect us.

So, after all this time, still no one is this house got Covid. :)
Newage

Post by Newage »

TedB wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:57 pm Well we had overnight company that tested positive for Covid 19 the next day. Yes we are all triple boosted, but one is up in years and Omicron is very contagious.

But we are all on NMN and RSV as well as other supplements.

The good news is after 7 days we all tested negative.

I think that NMN might had elevated things on top of everything else to protect us.

So, after all this time, still no one is this house got Covid. :)

I have no doubt that I have been exposed to the virus multiple times over the last 18 months but I have never shown any symptoms whatsoever. I have also had no other viral or bacterial infections (touch wood) for well over 30 months…

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic