Miscellaneous TopicsArthritis?

CaptainB

Arthritis?

Post by CaptainB »

My mother has been having arthritis flare-ups and she says that nothing has been helping her. I am begging her to try some AlivebyScience products, but she is skeptical, and I'm new here. What should a 66 year old woman start with?

She wants arthritis/inflammation relief (I don't believe it's rheumatoid arthritis), to sustain movement and muscular ability (the ability to climb in and out of a cars and lift things and hold grandchildren are all her exercise goals), more energy and an increased metabolism. Of course any anti-aging properties would be great too.

I'd like to get her a few products to start with for her birthday. Thoughts?

jocko6889

Re: Arthritis?

Post by jocko6889 »

CaptainB wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:24 pm My mother has been having arthritis flare-ups and she says that nothing has been helping her. I am begging her to try some AlivebyScience products, but she is skeptical, and I'm new here. What should a 66 year old woman start with?

She wants arthritis/inflammation relief (I don't believe it's rheumatoid arthritis), to sustain movement and muscular ability (the ability to climb in and out of a cars and lift things and hold grandchildren are all her exercise goals), more energy and an increased metabolism. Of course any anti-aging properties would be great too.

Sorry to hear she's having issues.  I would start her on some NMN product, either the NMN sublingual powder or liposomal NMN capsules.  The NMN should help with the inflammation and energy level but if you want to add a few more things that will help the inflammation, either the liposomal Resveratrol with Curcumin or liposomal Apigenin would be good.  Also, you could do a blood test for her levels of hs-CRP, which would tell you how much systemic inflammation she has right now, then put her on the supplements I mentioned and have her tested again in a few months to see if her hs-CRP levels are coming down.

Newage

Post by Newage »

Great advice by Jocko and well worth following. If possible “ nip the symptoms of arthritis in the bud” as early as you can as ones mobility can greatly reduce with age.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

jocko6889 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:28 pm
CaptainB wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:24 pm My mother has been having arthritis flare-ups and she says that nothing has been helping her. I am begging her to try some AlivebyScience products, but she is skeptical, and I'm new here. What should a 66 year old woman start with?

Sorry to hear she's having issues.  I would start her on some NMN product, either the NMN sublingual powder or liposomal NMN capsules.  The NMN should help with the inflammation and energy level but if you want to add a few more things that will help the inflammation, either the liposomal Resveratrol with Curcumin or liposomal Apigenin would be good.  Also, you could do a blood test for her levels of hs-CRP, which would tell you how much systemic inflammation she has right now, then put her on the supplements I mentioned and have her tested again in a few months to see if her hs-CRP levels are coming down.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

definitely nmn (wth tmg to protect against over methylation)
and definitely curcumin ... resveratrol is best taken as well, since it works lock-step with NMN

Newage

Post by Newage »

Let us all know of any improvements with your Mother after she has been on AliveByScience products for a while CaptainB..
It could be advantageous to take into account her diet as inflammatory foods can be a  precursor to Arthritic flare ups.

OMillsPA

Post by OMillsPA »

I was running 6 weeks ago and had to stop due to pain in my leg.  I could barely walk for 4 weeks and went to a doctor.  Hip xray showed nearly bone on bone, he told me come back when I can't take the pain.  Its now 7 weeks later and I'm able to walk, but all is not well.  I've been taking  two product called HA Joint and Joint Gel from Purity Products.  I think they are helping.  I also have been taking the RBS Complete, Defender, TMG, Reverstrol.  Anyone have any luck reversing Osteo Arthritis?  Luckily, hip replacements are suppose to be the easiest joint to replace and heal from.  But I don't want to do that at my age of 58.  When you search on-line is see all kinds of stuff, mostly gimmicks I suppose.  I saw a massaging sleave with red light therapy that looked interesting, but it was for knees.  Ideas please.  Thanks.

Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

OMillsPA wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:41 pm I was running 6 weeks ago and had to stop due to pain in my leg.  I could barely walk for 4 weeks and went to a doctor.  Hip xray showed nearly bone on bone, he told me come back when I can't take the pain.  Its now 7 weeks later and I'm able to walk, but all is not well.  I've been taking  two product called HA Joint and Joint Gel from Purity Products.  I think they are helping.  I also have been taking the RBS Complete, Defender, TMG, Reverstrol.  Anyone have any luck reversing Osteo Arthritis?  Luckily, hip replacements are suppose to be the easiest joint to replace and heal from.  But I don't want to do that at my age of 58.  When you search on-line is see all kinds of stuff, mostly gimmicks I suppose.  I saw a massaging sleave with red light therapy that looked interesting, but it was for knees.  Ideas please.  Thanks.

I would recommend two and are on my list of things to supplement that naturally decline with aging, notably both start reducing in our 20's! :shock:

Hydrolyzed Collagen, suggest to go for Grass fed Organic, see a good summary as it relates to Arthritis:  https://www.arthritis.org/health-wellne ... -arthritis

Hyaluroinic Acid, suggest to use the LIPO HLA from Renue , see evidence: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25415767/

Me personally I would also take more NMN, I add approx 1-1.25g per day to my 2 x NAD+ complete base 6 times a week dose.

OMillsPA

Post by OMillsPA »

Thanks Boxcost.   Good links, especially the Arthritis site.  I think I'm on the right track.  I was able to bike for over an hour today.  I didn't know RBS had HA, I will eventually try it once I go through my current stock.

Charles

Post by Charles »

I think the best gift would be your presence 

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic