Miscellaneous TopicsChallenges and Support - Post your woes here

NewLifeScience

Challenges and Support - Post your woes here

Post by NewLifeScience »

Even if we are taking amazing components like NMN, NAD+, Resveratrol.. etc.   we can still have big challenges and set backs - it is a part of human life.

It occurs to me that this forum, is not only an extremely valuable resource of information, but it can also be a source of support and encouragement and maybe advice.

I think for some issues, just getting some support is the best because, most of us know what may make our lives easier or better - maybe we just need to articulate what our issues are..

I have recently been open about struggling with stress, caregiver burnout which leads me to consume too much sugary things and drinking beer.

I have gone a very long time without sugar in everything except my coffee and now i feel i am backsliding a bit. But shortly after fessing up, i am already beginning to steer myself back on track.

So I am opening this topic for anyone to post their struggles. But for all participants, let's not judge - let's just support each other.

Life isn't always easy. 

TedB

Re: Challenges and Support - Post your woes here

Post by TedB »

Right now i am still enjoying the novelty of the liposomal NMN and other supplements. 

THe only thing i have been struggling with is exercise, in that i am still not doing much of it. It is not that i don't have the energy, as i do now. it is just that i keep putting it off.

We have an elliptical in the basement, but i don't really like it.

I will endeavor to start doing a good long walk every evening. Maybe even tonight!

:)

Ted
Newage

Post by Newage »

No time like the present to start a new quest or challenge TedB. Walking is great way to ease back into a fitness regimen. It also is good for weight reduction and to release “feel good” endorphins.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Good advise Mate, Sometimes we all just a push to get started and once you get thru the first week, it gets easier and the body starts liking it. ;)

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

I still enjoy the odd beer or two, and to be honest, i take berberine when I do have a beer, and double it if i have multiple beers. It seriously limits the impact of what i drink and the sugar issues.

Also, i am always 'restarting' my workouts... so if i have been off a week or 10 days, I just do a round of 1 sets... sometime over 2 days,, and gradually get back in it.

In fact the only thing i have to do to do a good run as well is to get on the treadmill, with an idea of doing just five minutes - and I always end up doing a good run.

I think that i am likely one of the worst procrastinators here... i just have found a work around by tricking myself into doing just a little - and it usually always gets me back on track.

Years ago i was watching an Anthony Robins video... and one thing he said impressed me. He was answering the question" What is happiness?
He said the most likely source of happiness among most adults is: Progress.

as long as you are making progress, you have a sense of wellbeing. I think that is a very good way of looking at it.
ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON »

canadahealthy wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:29 pm I still enjoy the odd beer or two, and to be honest, i take berberine when I do have a beer, and double it if i have multiple beers. It seriously limits the impact of what i drink and the sugar issues.

Also, i am always 'restarting' my workouts... so if i have been off a week or 10 days, I just do a round of 1 sets... sometime over 2 days,, and gradually get back in it.

In fact the only thing i have to do to do a good run as well is to get on the treadmill, with an idea of doing just five minutes - and I always end up doing a good run.

I think that i am likely one of the worst procrastinators here... i just have found a work around by tricking myself into doing just a little - and it usually always gets me back on track.

Years ago i was watching an Anthony Robins video... and one thing he said impressed me. He was answering the question" What is happiness?
He said the most likely source of happiness among most adults is: Progress.

as long as you are making progress, you have a sense of wellbeing. I think that is a very good way of looking at it.

That sounds like a good approach. I look at getting or keeping in shape just like trying to quit smoking... you just keep trying.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic