Miscellaneous TopicsResveratrol and covid19

rhett

Resveratrol and covid19

Post by rhett »

Obviously this is hypothetical stuff, but given that most of us here are taking resveratrol at the moment, there are some interesting qualities about it in relation to covid19.
Which is a roundabout way of saying: zinc appears to help stop the replication of coronavirus-category viruses, a drug known to increase cellular zinc seems to help with covid19 specifically, resveratrol both has been shown to increase cellular zinc and inhibit specifically MERS, a different coronavirus.

Which in theory, may be good news for all the resveratrol fans here on the board. Certainly no silver bullet, but for me, another good reason to keep taking your resveratrol.

RobSmith

Re: Resveratrol and covid19

Post by RobSmith »

and make sure you have enough zinc in your diet - list of foods high in zinc here:-
https://www.anneshealthykitchen.com/wp- ... -top30.png
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Thanks for the post rhett. I would also take olive leaf and mega dose of vit C.
Newage

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:07 pm Thanks for the post rhett. I would also take olive leaf and mega dose of vit C.
I also take a minimum 30 ml of Olive Leaf extract daily along with Vitamin C and of course lots of other supplements around my NMN and NAD+ intake..
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Hey mate how are you? How's everything in the land down under? Things are getting really bad here where Im at. Im 2 hrs away from New Orleans. :mrgreen:
Newage

Post by Newage »

Doing the best we can under the unprecedented circumstances. I can still train outside in relative isolation but restrictions increasing by the day.
Our decision makers seem to have a bit of a handle on the extreme situation but we will see what unfolds.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

rhett wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:57 pm Obviously this is hypothetical stuff, but given that most of us here are taking resveratrol at the moment, there are some interesting qualities about it in relation to covid19.
Which is a roundabout way of saying: zinc appears to help stop the replication of coronavirus-category viruses, a drug known to increase cellular zinc seems to help with covid19 specifically, resveratrol both has been shown to increase cellular zinc and inhibit specifically MERS, a different coronavirus.

Which in theory, may be good news for all the resveratrol fans here on the board. Certainly no silver bullet, but for me, another good reason to keep taking your resveratrol.
Thank you for the post and the documentation. Zinc is important in any immune challenge and resveratrol seems to be an important part of a corona fighting regimen. Especially since it increases cellular zinc levels through the inophor
Fred

Post by Fred »

Dr. Sinclairs take on resveratrol, NAD, and COVID-19:

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=1774&sid=cb52d3806 ... fc6034b28b
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Interesting, and as best as I can understand it... encouraging.

It is great to not just be starting all these compounds, but rather having been taking them for over 8 months.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

I am glad i have been doing this for many months..

I honestly don't know if it confers any benefit against Covid-19... but it is good to keep the body healthy and stronger.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic