Miscellaneous TopicsJust for Fun: Gut Microbiome Challenge

OMillsPA

Just for Fun: Gut Microbiome Challenge

Post by OMillsPA »

I was reading and viewing information on the gut microbiome this past week.  Several authors said that diversity of live raw plants were important to having a healthy gut and being healthy.  It was recommended to eat between 20 and 30 different raw plants per week.  So today, I went though my kitchen and tried to eat as many raw plants as possible.  Not great quantities, just a bit of each one that I had.   I hit 18 raw foods today on my first try.  Give it a go and see if you can top me.    1.Celery  2.     Blueberries  3. Grapes  4.  Orange  5.  Romaine Lettuce  6. Onion  7. Green Pepper  8.  Radish  9. Cabbage  10.  Broccoli  11.  Spinach  12. Carrot  13. Garlic clove  14.  Pomegranate  15.  Apple  16.  Peanuts  17.  Cashews  18.  Raisons     (I need to go shopping tomorrow, so I am going to try and beat this number soon)
Have fun.

NewLifeScience

Re: Just for Fun: Gut Microbiome Challenge

Post by NewLifeScience »

This is a good list for many things.

Tell me... will you have a way of knowing/feeling your gut biome is improved?
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

NewLifeScience wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:37 pm This is a good list for many things.

Tell me... will you have a way of knowing/feeling your gut biome is improved?

Yes, and you can measure it!

As an example I have had a 6 monthly subscription for 2 years now from https://insight.microba.com/

Gut imbalance is being linked to many diseases, our microbiome is the next frontier. I have been trying to improve mine for years after a bunch of antibiotics + crap diet nuked my gut biome. 

Bottom line is loads more fibre, resistant starch, probiotic  - with a lot less saturated fat, so red and processed meat, dairy, coconut oil, palm oil, cakes, ice cream, etc.

OMillsPA

Post by OMillsPA »

i did not have a way to measure it, but Boxcosts seems to have found one.  My main goal was to eliminate my seasonal allergies.  I have eliminated dairy and eggs (including cheese, ice cream, yogurt, etc.)  I have been loading up on fruits and vegetables for months now.  I limit meat to only a little serving for dinner once a day.  My allergies were slightly better this fall, but not totally gone.  I do feel really good though.  One trick I've done lately is to eat three stalks of celery every day prior to my coffee.  That has really helped to clean out the colon over time.  I'm down 28 pounds in a year and take the MNM lipo complete pill daily.  Blood pressure is finally under control after 5 years struggling to get it down.  Now consistently 118 over 70's.  I was 140s over 90 s even with medicine.  So I think it is working for me.

jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

I would think that your digestive system, from stomach to 'out the door' wouldn't have issues. No constipation, no diarrhea. It can even reduce body odors and improve sleep. So there may be some tell tale signs. but also good reasons to want to have a healthy gut.

Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

We also have to remember our microbiome is a factory that produces or consumes different metabolites associated with health and disease. The microorganisms in our guts can transform the food components we eat into thousands of metabolites. Some metabolites have been associated with health benefits while others have been associated with disease.

As an example on the "Essential Vitamins" category of metabolites production tracked on my microba testing are; B12, B9, Biotin B7, Riboflaven B2, and Vitamin K. That is when you think of it your own gut bacteria producing vitamins for your own body!
OMillsPA

Post by OMillsPA »

This is a good article on gut health, Alzheimer's, and intermittent fasting benefits. 
 Link Between Alzheimer's and Gut Is Confirmed (mercola.com)

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Im glad to hear what you are doing and keep it up OmillsPA! Are you still doing at least 20 different raw foods daily?
OMillsPA

Post by OMillsPA »

I would say a normal day is 8 to 12.  Always an orange, apple, blueberries, and grapes daily.  Then a large diverse salad with what I have on hand.  Some nuts for snacks when I walk by them. It has become routine for me now and I enjoy it.  It is not a chore as it once was when I started out.

Newage

Post by Newage »

OMillsPA wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:15 pm I would say a normal day is 8 to 12.  Always an orange, apple, blueberries, and grapes daily.  Then a large diverse salad with what I have on hand.  Some nuts for snacks when I walk by them. It has become routine for me now and I enjoy it.  It is not a chore as it once was when I started out.

A great routine OMillsPA. Once a routine is in place it is not that hard to stick to it.
Deep down we are all “routine animals”
but unfortunately we let modern living stresses get in the way.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic