Miscellaneous TopicsSupplement Combinations, What to take with what?

MJClark

Supplement Combinations, What to take with what?

Post by MJClark »

The list and complexity of supplements is more than a little overwhelming. Mix that with prescriptions and it is mind boggling. More so, my Dr. does not put much faith in any of these supplements as they have not been "FDA verified."

Having said all that, here is my quandary. Every morning I take a Lisinopril Hydrochlorothiazide and 81Mg Aspirin because of high blood pressure, and Zyrtec for allergies. I also do my workouts in the morning and on weight training days (every other day) I make my own pre-workout of:
5mg Creatine
5mg arginine-alpha-ketoglutarate
5mg Ketone Esters
5mg Caffeine 
5mg Sodium Bicarbonate
10mg Essential Amino Acids. 

Here is the problem, the HTZ and Zyrtec acts as a diuretic and I worry that I am pissing out the NMN and Resveratrol that I take an hour or so after my morning pills.

At night I take Zinc, Magnesium and Montelukast (for Asthma). I know that NMN tends cause sleeplessness if taken too late, which is why I take it about an hour after I take my Lisinopril HTZ and Zyrtec.  

I know that taking NMN and Resveratrol at the same time is recommended because of how they interact with each other, and I am looking to add in Berberine at some point too. 

I know some of you take extensive lists of supplements and I was wondering what combinations do you take, when do you take them, and why do you group the supplements that you do. Additionally, which groupings would you avoid and outside of look for a new doctor, do you have any recommendations on the diuretic issue, or should I not worry about it. 

If you haven't tested, how do you know you are getting the results that you wanted?
NewLifeScience

Re: Supplement Combinations, What to take with what?

Post by NewLifeScience »

I think everyone is unique and needs to make adjustments to suit their individual situations. For example, i might be tempted to take Liposomal NMN and RSV (which i currently take) roughly an hour and a half before taking diuretics, as I think that would be sufficient time to get it into my system.

If i was taking SL NMN I wouldn't worry as i bypasses the  digestive tract. 

I would be equally comfortable taking the same LSG NMN and RSV 1.5 hours after taking your list. I think that is enough time for the impact of a diuretic to be a non issue. In other words, the good stuff is already in the liver and getting sent to my tissues.

I think one of the Doctors we have on here could give a better opinion, but that is my view.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic