Renue NAD+ Skin CareAny research so far about nad+ and hair loss?

rhett

Any research so far about nad+ and hair loss?

Post by rhett »

Going to try some renue soon, but I was curious if anyone had come across existing studies about the effect of nad+ on hair loss, specifically the androgenic / male pattern kind. I know nad+ helped mice with hairloss due to age, but would be very cool if it helped hairloss due to other types of damage as well. 

Newage

Re: Any research so far about nad+ and hair loss?

Post by Newage »

rhett wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:38 am Going to try some renue soon, but I was curious if anyone had come across existing studies about the effect of nad+ on hair loss, specifically the androgenic / male pattern kind. I know nad+ helped mice with hairloss due to age, but would be very cool if it helped hairloss due to other types of damage as well. 

Only from my “real life” experience.

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

I think the Renue serum has Apocynin which is said the stimulate Collagen 17 and may restore some hair growth that way.

I think some Senolytics also help. for example Fisetin has been shown to help.

I'd think many senolytics will help in some way,
cactusaucasus

Post by cactusaucasus »

The serum also has resveratrol which could also play a role here. In androgenetic alopecia, there are decreased levels of superoxide dismutase[1] in the dermal papilla and resveratrol should help to increase SOD activity[2]. It also activates SHH signaling[3] which also plays a role in hair growth. AA is ridiculously complex, however, and its unlikely resveratrol will have much of a cosmetic difference but theoretically it should help.

[1] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5152608/
[2] https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20083859/
[3] https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30355933/

Newage

Post by Newage »

That’s why I take the ABS Optimizer Series daily which has Fisetin in the formula and I also take Virgin Olive Oil daily (30 to 50 mls) along with using the oil topically.
ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON »

Cool! Fisetin and Apocynin, Resveratrol and possibly Oleic acid from Olive Oil. 
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Newage wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:57 pm That’s why I take the ABS Optimizer Series daily which has Fisetin in the formula and I also take Virgin Olive Oil daily (30 to 50 mls) along with using the oil topically.

So have you seen individual hairs return? Thicker hair?

Newage

Post by Newage »

canadahealthy wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:58 pm
Newage wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:57 pm That’s why I take the ABS Optimizer Series daily which has Fisetin in the formula and I also take Virgin Olive Oil daily (30 to 50 mls) along with using the oil topically.

A bit of both canadahealthy, but it’s still early days when you factor in how long it takes to lose your hair. I only had a small thinning area on the crown of the head but it was working towards a definite balding spot.
It is hard to see a thinning spot now and it seems to be getting smaller and the hair thicker by the month. Another 6 to 12 months will tell the tale..
smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

Newage wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:29 pm

A bit of both canadahealthy, but it’s still early days when you factor in how long it takes to lose your hair. I only had a small thinning area on the crown of the head but it was working towards a definite balding spot.
It is hard to see a thinning spot now and it seems to be getting smaller and the hair thicker by the month. Another 6 to 12 months will tell the tale..

That actually sounds reasonable. I watched a YouTube video of someone going through a Follicular Unit Transplant (big money) and even after 3 months, the jury was still out about how many transplanted hairs would grow. results can take up to a year.

Considering all the bleeding, cleaning, lotioning involved, it would be so much better to get there without surgery - even if it takes as long.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

smokinjoe wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:23 pm
Newage wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:29 pm

That actually sounds reasonable. I watched a YouTube video of someone going through a Follicular Unit Transplant (big money) and even after 3 months, the jury was still out about how many transplanted hairs would grow. results can take up to a year.

Considering all the bleeding, cleaning, lotioning involved, it would be so much better to get there without surgery - even if it takes as long.

Wow, i for some reason thought it was a few days to get the follicoes to take. That sounds like they want to fall right back out.

I have no idea it was that long a process.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic