Renue NAD+ Skin CareAdding Retinol to Renue?

thomasdmd

Adding Retinol to Renue?

Post by thomasdmd »

So I've recently noticed some hair care products are now mixing Retinol with Minoxidil to enhance absorption through the skin.
I did some research and found a few corresponding articles confirming the results

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30974011/
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17202653/

I don't know if any of you have ever tried a retinol or tretinoin product, but for me everything burns (even sweat) making me think the epidermal layer has been broken down to allow the product to reach the dermal layer.

So my thought is if Retinol was added to the Renue product line, it would increase absorption through the epidermal layer.

Thoughts?

jocko6889

Re: Adding Retinol to Renue?

Post by jocko6889 »

thomasdmd wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:00 pm So I've recently noticed some hair care products are now mixing Retinol with Minoxidil to enhance absorption through the skin.
I did some research and found a few corresponding articles confirming the results

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30974011/
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17202653/

I don't know if any of you have ever tried a retinol or tretinoin product, but for me everything burns (even sweat) making me think the epidermal layer has been broken down to allow the product to reach the dermal layer.

So my thought is if Retinol was added to the Renue product line, it would increase absorption through the epidermal layer.

Thoughts?

Interesting study and I've passed this along to see if this is worth adding to our Renue products.  Thanks.

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Funny you mention that. I use retinol A on my skin in between the serum applications. sometimes i put it over the serum.

In fact i guess i have a day/night skin/scalp regimen.

I have a 10% retinol bottle so it is good and strong.
smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

One can get pretty busy with all the topical skin products.

So it would be nice to have it all in one or 2 products, provided they work together, synergistically rather than against each other... or cancel each other out in some way. Although most if not all of the studies I have read imply strong benefits from using these things together.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Interesting, Based on the articles it would seem that Retinol would allow any added substance to reach the epidermal layer.
smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

drkris69 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:58 am Interesting, Based on the articles it would seem that Retinol would allow any added substance to reach the epidermal layer.

Sounds like a good additive to Renue, either in a new product or with the product.

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Yeah I think Ive heard Jocko kinda mention that he would look into that for us.
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

It would also be very good if they could add ascorbic acid to the mix. Ideally you'd have one with ascorbic acid to apply first thing in the morning and one with Retinol before going to bed. 

Maybe they could also do us a sunscreen with zinc nanoparticles as the screening agent. 
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

I wonder if there is a point where the contents will either compete with each other or interfere.. so I guess, at the very least they need to research each additional ingredient.

We are like best friends of a group of scientists making the top health and skin products.

I probably already said this somewhere, but i had purchased a 12% solution of Retinol A and I use it after the renue serum.

I am also trying it out for my wee bald spot. The scalp skin is already looking like the skin every where else - i.e., not whitish.

As a guy, I never thought I would be able to incorporate so many supplements and processes into my daily regimen (i am picking on the other gender - only because some women do have quite a process :). But I am as dedicated as any Dolly Parton look alikes..
Newage

Post by Newage »

It’s called equality of the sexes. Everyone has the right to look as good as they want to.
The time it takes to apply the science is the deciding factor..I think more males are taking this path.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic