Longevity86 year old mom falls... decisions to make

NewLifeScience

86 year old mom falls... decisions to make

Post by NewLifeScience »

So I went from a deep coma-like sleep to leaping up the stairs as my mom fell onto her rear and then flat on her back.

Now, 99% of the time I would have called an ambulance. You have to understand, in Northern Ontario Canada - this can be 6-8 hour ordeal or more. Free health care is free,  but slow.

But, the injury just seemed to be limited to her tissues, not her bones. And after letting her lie there for 15 minutes... she said she didn't think the pain merited a trip to the hospital. Also, we had her Oncology Zoom meeting in 3 hours, so we agreed to decide afterward.

I rubbed her back with thick layers of Renue serum, gave her 1 gram of LSG NMN  (and TMG) and then lots of Tylenol as she is not allowed NSAIDS. I also gave her lots of Curcumin in capsule form to mitigate future inflammation.

She has mild sedatives she can take, so we agreed for her to rest.

Now, she is in mild pain, but the serum calmed the pain around her lower hip area and she was able to walk without too much pain. 

I know some of you will think i am crazy... but she has been to the hospital on about a quarterly basis, and it takes a great toll, and sometimes, it seems afterward that she would have been better off just staying home. And of course there are covid cases there.

I honestly feel like i know there are no bone breaks, just pulled muscles and jolted tendons. 

now if she gives me anything over 6 out of 10 for pain tomorrow - i will take her in.

But that serum... it went to work and she asked if there were drugs in it. I said no just liquid healing.

I don't know why her bones are so strong, except she has been taking calcium and vitamin C for 30 years on the recommendation of her doctor. She has good bones.

I will report back about her hip. If it isn't absolutely excruciating tomorrow - that is the serum.

OMillsPA

Re: 86 year old mom falls... decisions to make

Post by OMillsPA »

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. 

(I started rubbing the renew serum on my 86 year old mothers back about a week ago just to give it a try.  Stopped some itching.  We are taking the NMN sub lingual, we ran out of the LIPO complete last week, but have it ordered for September delivery.  I think it is the best of all products.  We both survived a Covid scare, about 10 days of illness, but all is well now except the no taste and smell part.  Worst parts were the sore throat, coughing and extreme tiredness.)

Newage

Post by Newage »

OMillsPA wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:00 pm Best wishes for a speedy recovery. 

(I started rubbing the renew serum on my 86 year old mothers back about a week ago just to give it a try.  Stopped some itching.  We are taking the NMN sub lingual, we ran out of the LIPO complete last week, but have it ordered for September delivery.  I think it is the best of all products.  We both survived a Covid scare, about 10 days of illness, but all is well now except the no taste and smell part.  Worst parts were the sore throat, coughing and extreme tiredness.)

Very interesting and great news OMillsPA that you both came through the Covid infection with what would be perceived as seemingly mild symptoms, especially for your ageing mother.
Were the infections medically confirmed positive and what variant of Covid was it..
( Delta or other).  👍

OMillsPA

Post by OMillsPA »

We did the self test about a week into it, when almost better.  Both came back negative.  But it was a cheap drug store test.  I am getting an anti body  blood test in 3 weeks to see for sure.  But after reading the WebMD and Cleveland Clinic web sites, plus about 10 more, it tracked the symptoms and timing pretty much spot on.  So not for sure, but sure seemed like it.  Especially the tiredness, slight fevers, sore throat.  No taste or smell.  I was very healthy going into it.  I haven't done much in 3 weeks.  Today I started back a little, tomorrow I'll try doing more.  I just wanted to rest a few weeks to heal up.  My mom still doesn't want to eat, but I have an appetite again.  Maybe it was something else, but it put us down for a while.  Covid also spiked in our area about the same time we started feeling bad.

smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

Hey NLS
First, I am sorry you have this daily ordeal. I know you love your mom, and it sounds like you are alone in looking after her on a daily basis.

I hope you get breaks. I am also in Ontario. Do you have CCAC? I think they can offer respite at least once a week for 3 hours... possibly more.

I have no judgement about your call - you were there and your mom has autonomy. I am just crossing my fingers that things aren't too bad in the next couple days.

At the very least - if you do go to the hospital - they have have a temporary strong pain med to get her through the next few days.

I have gone through this. But i wasn't on my own. It sounds like you are. I hope you have support - you deserve it.

TedB

Post by TedB »

When you have such an immense responsibility, it is great to know you can give her some comfort and even some health benefits.

I don't know what CCAC is, but i agree you need some help...whether it is from a family member or a social worker.

I wish nothing but great health for your mother.

Ted.
ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON »

Unfortunately an extended pandemic, and especially if there are live cases at your local hospital have an effect on your decision making process, since you have to think about potential exposure, rules about visiting, and even the stress level of the hospital system.

Terrible situation.

I think we are headed toward the winding down of much of this. I am thinking about the booster shot. Once a family has had that, and I am hoping that it arrrives within 60-90 days, we don't need to second guess ourselves and sned our elderly parents to the hospital.

I sympathize with you about having to make the tough call - but you have managed to get your loved one through the worst epidemic in your lifetime and are almost at the finish line. GOOD FOR YOU!

I hope things go better for you moving forward, and i would say just congratulate yourself for the huge commitment you are making to care for your loved one and keep them at home. I can only imagine the stress you are dealing with.
Newage

Post by Newage »

Well said ChrisBon...👍
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic