LongevityBEZOS AND LONGEVITY

YHOR

BEZOS AND LONGEVITY

Post by YHOR »

In recent days it has been news in various digital media that billionaire Jeff Bezos is investing in a Biotechnology company whose purpose will be to research and develop some product or molecule to obtain eternal life (something very crazy), or at best of the cases, increase the life cycle in years of the human beings. This company has already received funding of 270 million dollars, and among its members is a Nobel Prize winner, whose research has revolved around proteins to regenerate cells, and these become stem cells.

There is not much information about the company, I have not been able to find publications about their previous studies or trials. It seems that they will start under an assumption or under a premise, and from there they will start.

Is it related to the NAD + or NR?

https://www.technologyreview.com/2021/0 ... g-forever/

YHOR

Re: BEZOS AND LONGEVITY

Post by YHOR »

Well. Investigating a little more, I was able to find an article about the research of Dr. Yamanaka, (who is one of the researchers of the organization in which Bezos is investing).

From what I can understand, they have nothing to do with the use of NAD + or NR, but with certain proteins
which makes cells rewind and become younger.

The studies have been carried out in the laboratory, but the article does not name which proteins are used, they are only labeled as Yamanaka factor cells.

Of course, apparently it has a great collateral effect, since it also generates some type of cancer.

https://www.biocompare.com/Life-Science ... man-Cells/
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Yamanaka is a Nobel Prize winning stem cell researcher and discovered how to turn skin cells back into embryonic stem cells. He is a giant.

I expect we'll be hearing more from him.
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

NewLifeScience wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:26 pm Yamanaka is a Nobel Prize winning stem cell researcher and discovered how to turn skin cells back into embryonic stem cells. He is a giant.

I posted about this over on our Facebook Group.  It's important that we now have a billionaire like Bezos infusing large amounts of money and influence into genetic reprogramming.  Altos Labs is a little bit like a Bezos funded Manhattan Project, with some heavy hitters like Horvath and Yamanaka involved and more to come.  The tumors from too much use of Yamanaka factors has been largely solved at this point.  Here's a very recent article on where the technology is at in regards to genetic reprogramming.  Things are now moving at an exponential rate.

https://www.lifespan.io/news/oskm/

michaeljkelly

Post by michaeljkelly »

jocko6889 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:07 pm
NewLifeScience wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:26 pm Yamanaka is a Nobel Prize winning stem cell researcher and discovered how to turn skin cells back into embryonic stem cells. He is a giant.

I posted about this over on our Facebook Group.  It's important that we now have a billionaire like Bezos infusing large amounts of money and influence into genetic reprogramming.  Altos Labs is a little bit like a Bezos funded Manhattan Project, with some heavy hitters like Horvath and Yamanaka involved and more to come.  The tumors from too much use of Yamanaka factors has been largely solved at this point.  Here's a very recent article on where the technology is at in regards to genetic reprogramming.  Things are now moving at an exponential rate.

Yes this is all exciting. You mix genius, genome mapping, super computing and lots of money... this decade is going to be huge.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

jocko6889 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:07 pm

Wow, things are about to be booming in the Longevity world! Will it be a good thing or bad?

rhett

Post by rhett »

Yamanaka factors are being studied by Dr David Sinclair’s lab ( they regenerated an entire optic nerve which before has been completely impossible) and also a handful of other labs like Calico, the Google biotech offshoot. It is really great to see so multiple labs see promise in the same technology. 

Rolling back epigenetic clocks to me is the most exciting big leap we have on the horizon. 

We already know it’s “naturally” possible in one specific situation. Sperm and egg cells before fertilization start with the epigenetic ages of the parents. But at some point that epigenetic age is rolled back to zero in the embryo. Even cloning an animal, when the dna is inserted into the egg, the clone starts life with an epigenetic age of zero, not the age of cloned animal.

So somehow, cells do “know” how to reverse their age and the information is not 100% lost. 
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Yes we are living in exciting times as we will witness more scientific break throughs in aging and how to reverse it. 
Newage

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:34 am Yes we are living in exciting times as we will witness more scientific break throughs in aging and how to reverse it. 

Yes, and the longevity race is still continuing even though we are presently all experiencing one of the worst worldwide pandemics to affect mankind..
If anything it still shows how vulnerable the human race is to viruses, pathogen and the like...All the more reason that the super wealthy are looking for answers, keeping in mind that any new scientific revelations ultimately  form a money making business model.
Look at Covid Vaccines... The mind boggles at the money and profit involved...

JanCOhio

Post by JanCOhio »

At some point the new discoveries are going to to come together in a science based consortium to disrupt aging altogether.

It will be in this decade, exciting to see.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic