NMNNMN & Breast Cancer Survivor

NathanN

NMN & Breast Cancer Survivor

Post by NathanN »

Hi all! I first want to say thank you, as this forum has been instrumental in me adopting an NMN regimen this past year that has worked in providing me more energy, more mental clarity, as well as other benefits! I’m a 33 year old male, currently taking 1000mg NMN SL, 1000mg TMG, 600mg Resveratrol daily.

I’m sure this topic/question has been answered in previous posts, but I can’t seem to have find any that directly answer this question. Is it safe for my mother to take NMN as a breast cancer survivor? Other than that, she has Type II diabetes but is generally healthy for a 72 year old woman. She has a check-up next month with her oncologist that I’ll accompany her to and ask the oncologist about their thoughts on NMN, but wanted to get your input as well. My mother eats a healthy diet, exercises, and generally does everything she can to stay healthy. I would hate to cause her any unnecessary trouble by recommending an NMN regimen for her as she is currently doing well. It would just be great if she could feel even better!

Thank you in advance for your input! 

Boxcost

Re: NMN & Breast Cancer Survivor

Post by Boxcost »

My wife is a breast cancer survivor and takes NMN, my 76 y/o mum is on NMN with good results and no issues.

Actually read an article on a study recently in relation to the protective effects of NMN against cancer: https://www.nmn.com/news/study-shows-nm ... activation

I do try to encourage my wife and mum to take at least 1/2 a gram per day. If you get your mum on NMN can I suggest to start her on a low dose to get used to it i.e. 250MG per day first few weeks, then step up slowly from there. In my view it is looking like 500MG to 750MG per day could be the sweet spot now, especially if it is all ABS LIPO!

Out of an abundance of caution NMN is not recommended if you have an active and spreading cancer. That is until there is more science that helps to determine an alternative recommendation.

You might find some scary articles out there on NMN and cancer. Certainty don't take 3G/day (human equivalent) which is what they gave to the genetically engineered to get cancer mouse that accelerated its cancer growth! This is what had gotten everyone spooked, if you dive into the scary articles then to read the actually study.

NMN is very new when it comes to clinical trails and long term studies with humans and cancer. From a conclusion of a review 3 years back says it well.....
"Moreover, while NAD+ precursor treatment is emerging as an efficacious intervention for the prevention of numerous age-related pathologies, the therapeutic potential for NAD+ precursors in cancer is not well understood. It is possible in some instances that boosting NAD+ metabolism could fuel cell proliferation and exacerbate cancer progression and metastasis. On the other hand, supplementation with NAD+ precursors could also prevent or shift cancer cell metabolism in a favorable manner and decrease uncontrolled proliferation. Therefore, the most optimal anticancer clinical strategy will likely involve individual patient profiling to identify treatments with maximal efficacy for the particular metabolic and genetic profile of the patient's cancer. "
https://www.annualreviews.org/doi/full/ ... 518-055905

rhett

Post by rhett »

Dr Sinclair has said a few times that while he thinks NMN helps prevent cancer, he would be cautious with anyone who had an active cancer and defer 100% to the oncologists who can devise an overall treatment plan for that cancer.
Newage

Post by Newage »

Grhett wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:17 pm Dr Sinclair has said a few times that while he thinks NMN helps prevent cancer, he would be cautious with anyone who had an active cancer and defer 100% to the oncologists who can devise an overall treatment plan for that cancer.

The above seems like the best advice on the subject. It is certainly what my thoughts would be..

NathanN

Post by NathanN »

Boxcost wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:21 am My wife is a breast cancer survivor and takes NMN, my 76 y/o mum is on NMN with good results and no issues.

Actually read an article on a study recently in relation to the protective effects of NMN against cancer: https://www.nmn.com/news/study-shows-nm ... activation

I do try to encourage my wife and mum to take at least 1/2 a gram per day. If you get your mum on NMN can I suggest to start her on a low dose to get used to it i.e. 250MG per day first few weeks, then step up slowly from there. In my view it is looking like 500MG to 750MG per day could be the sweet spot now, especially if it is all ABS LIPO!

Out of an abundance of caution NMN is not recommended if you have an active and spreading cancer. That is until there is more science that helps to determine an alternative recommendation.

You might find some scary articles out there on NMN and cancer. Certainty don't take 3G/day (human equivalent) which is what they gave to the genetically engineered to get cancer mouse that accelerated its cancer growth! This is what had gotten everyone spooked, if you dive into the scary articles then to read the actually study.

NMN is very new when it comes to clinical trails and long term studies with humans and cancer. From a conclusion of a review 3 years back says it well.....
"Moreover, while NAD+ precursor treatment is emerging as an efficacious intervention for the prevention of numerous age-related pathologies, the therapeutic potential for NAD+ precursors in cancer is not well understood. It is possible in some instances that boosting NAD+ metabolism could fuel cell proliferation and exacerbate cancer progression and metastasis. On the other hand, supplementation with NAD+ precursors could also prevent or shift cancer cell metabolism in a favorable manner and decrease uncontrolled proliferation. Therefore, the most optimal anticancer clinical strategy will likely involve individual patient profiling to identify treatments with maximal efficacy for the particular metabolic and genetic profile of the patient's cancer. "
https://www.annualreviews.org/doi/full/ ... 518-055905

Thank you for your sharing your NMN experiences with your wife and your mother. That's great that they are having good results with no issues! I would love to start my mother on a low dosage regimen like you recommended. I have researched some literature about NMN and cancer and yes, they are pretty scary. I will bring up NMN to her oncologist next check-up and report back here! 

NathanN

Post by NathanN »

rhett wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:17 pm Dr Sinclair has said a few times that while he thinks NMN helps prevent cancer, he would be cautious with anyone who had an active cancer and defer 100% to the oncologists who can devise an overall treatment plan for that cancer.

Thank you for this, I will definitely hold off on giving her any NMN until we have her check up with her oncologist. I will share what she thinks after the appointment next month! 
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

NathanN wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:12 pm
rhett wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:17 pm Dr Sinclair has said a few times that while he thinks NMN helps prevent cancer, he would be cautious with anyone who had an active cancer and defer 100% to the oncologists who can devise an overall treatment plan for that cancer.

Thank you for this, I will definitely hold off on giving her any NMN until we have her check up with her oncologist. I will share what she thinks after the appointment next month! 

Very good and welcome Nathan. Looking forward to your updates.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic