FastingFasting promotes Autophagy: detoxification and cellular rejuvenation

Newage

Re: Fasting promotes Autophagy: detoxification and cellular rejuvenation

Post by Newage »

Yes, not so long ago we all had to hunt and gather to eat and survive.
Not every hunt or gather was successful so what do you end up with .. Intermittent fasting.
There were no supermarkets at the end of the street to run down to at short notice so many times the clan or group would go hungry.

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Newage wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:29 pm Yes, not so long ago we all had to hunt and gather to eat and survive.
Not every hunt or gather was successful so what do you end up with .. Intermittent fasting.
There were no supermarkets at the end of the street to run down to at short notice so many times the clan or group would go hungry.

Also, we didn't have a 10foot walk to easy carbs and sugar every day.

I think the closest thing we can take to replicate fasting is NMN. But getting to do both just makes good stuff happen faster.

And any percieved adversity (sinclair's words) can essentially turn on switches to prune bad cells in our bodies and make us healthier and stronger.

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Yes, while we wait for the right senolytics and understand which senescent cells are targeted, fasting is the best way to promote autophagy.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Well I am trying my best to do a good Autophagy fast.

The issue is when there is stressful things popping up. I find i get instantly hungry then there is a problem.
Newage

Post by Newage »

NewLifeScience wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:58 am Well I am trying my best to do a good Autophagy fast.

The issue is when there is stressful things popping up. I find i get instantly hungry then there is a problem.

When the body or mind is stressed it will initially crave nutrients to act as a form of adaptogen to try and negate the stress factor but hang in there NewLifeScience as the first couple of days is always the hardest then the body quickly adapts. Over time I have done many of these 5 day fasts or longer consuming approximately 500 calories in one 5pm meal per day. The body will feel lighter and cleaner at the end of it not to mention the hidden cellular benefits...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic