NMNStress and sugar

ChrisBON

Re: Stress and sugar

Post by ChrisBON »

That was what i used to do with Berberine. I only used it when i had sugar. But seeing all the things it does now, i think i may used it 5 days per week.

Derek

Post by Derek »

Sugar (especially from fruit and other natural sources) is anti-stress and is the optimal fuel source (although context matters) - you should listen to your body if you are craving sweets. It's trying to tell you something. 

In order for sugar to be metabolized properly, you primarily need b-vitamins, low inflammation (and stress), low PUFA, healthy digestion and good liver & thyroid function. Sugar is not the devil that it's made out to be - it's that people don't metabolize it properly due to many other factors.

Keto/low carb may help people lose weight in the short term (as it switches the body to burning mostly fat instead of burning glucose), but longer term, it's not optimal for health. 

smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

Derek wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:19 pm Sugar (especially from fruit and other natural sources) is anti-stress and is the optimal fuel source (although context matters) - you should listen to your body if you are craving sweets. It's trying to tell you something. 

In order for sugar to be metabolized properly, you primarily need b-vitamins, low inflammation (and stress), low PUFA, healthy digestion and good liver & thyroid function. Sugar is not the devil that it's made out to be - it's that people don't metabolize it properly due to many other factors.

Keto/low carb may help people lose weight in the short term (as it switches the body to burning mostly fat instead of burning glucose), but longer term, it's not optimal for health. 

The issue with refined sugar is that it is too accessible and most sweet things simply have too much of it. Even fructose can be too much if you have to many sweet fruits. I am sure fructose is the least unhealthy of all the sugars - but it is not our friend with the fact that most of us lead a relatively sedentary lifestyle.

Derek

Post by Derek »

smokinjoe wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:31 pm
Derek wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:19 pm Sugar (especially from fruit and other natural sources) is anti-stress and is the optimal fuel source (although context matters) - you should listen to your body if you are craving sweets. It's trying to tell you something. 

The issue with refined sugar is that it is too accessible and most sweet things simply have too much of it. Even fructose can be too much if you have to many sweet fruits. I am sure fructose is the least unhealthy of all the sugars - but it is not our friend with the fact that most of us lead a relatively sedentary lifestyle.

Yeah I'm not saying people should go eat a bunch of refined sugar, that never did anybody any good. But if you are craving sweets, your body is craving sugar. Simple sugars like fruit (which is mostly 50/50 fructose/glucose), maple syrup (mostly sucrose I believe), honey, juice etc. are the best fuel source for maximum energy production. Aren't we all trying to optimize energy, hormones and the metabolism? That's what keeps people young and healthy. 
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

I think in general, we consume too much sugar. Not everyone, but I know I do.

everything from Drinking, soda, and desserts have had to go for me, and the difference is immediately noticeable.

I must have had a low grade yeast infection going on.. because I had cankers on the corners of my mouth, and my energy levels fluctuated. It wasn't that i was bingeing either. It was just refined sugar.

I still have the occasional margarine and jam on bread.. but i keep it light.

I do feel better having drastically reduced it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic