Miscellaneous TopicsNMN + Resveratrol and the safety of taking other supplements

Melanie59

NMN + Resveratrol and the safety of taking other supplements

Post by Melanie59 »

Hello everyone!

I looked in the forums for these subjects and couldn't find any matches 🤦‍♀️

I am currently taking NMN 300mg and Resveratrol 600mg. My question is am I supposed to take equal amounts of each for them in order for them to work with each other? Or does it matter 🤷‍♀️

My other question is: Is it ok to take Forskolin along with NMN and Resveratrol?

TIA for your help!

drkris69

Re: NMN + Resveratrol and the safety of taking other supplements

Post by drkris69 »

Hey there and welcome to the forum. so how long have you been taking NMN? I personally would take equal amounts stopping at 1g per molecule. But depending on body weight you could get away with 500mgs each. As far as the forskolin goes Im not sure because Im not familar with Indian Ayurvedics. 
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

The important question also is what type of NMN delivery method? Lipsomol, Sublingual, etc? As you should need less with better delivery methods like lipsomol.

Resveratrol importantly is it "Trans-Resveratrol"? and delivery method also?

There is a lot of "Resveratrol" supplements that are poor quality, you need to look out for at least:
1. Pharmaceutical-grade
2. Certified 99% pure trans-resveratrol by independent laboratory
3. Micronized for optimal absorption and bioavailability (Particle size: [D-50]: <1.90)
4. Color: white/off-white

Melanie59

Post by Melanie59 »

drkris69 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:05 pm Hey there and welcome to the forum. so how long have you been taking NMN? I personally would take equal amounts stopping at 1g per molecule. But depending on body weight you could get away with 500mgs each. As far as the forskolin goes Im not sure because Im not familar with Indian Ayurvedics. 

Thank you so much drkris69! I've only been taking NMN and Resveratrol for about 2 weeks now. I have to be careful of how much of anything I take as I have hypothyroidism and take Synthroid to help me cope. Taking any supplements I have to ease into. Some I have to stop taking all together because they work against my thyroid. So far I haven't experienced any side effects from NMN or Resveratrol except for maybe a little sleepiness and I'm hoping that will go away over time. I really don't want to stop taking them.
Forskolin is for weight loss and it also has properties that are beneficial to my thyroid. I just wasn't sure if I could take it with NMN and Resveratrol. Hopefully someone will have an answer for me soon, as I'm holding off taking it for now. Thanks for your reply I appreciate it! 

Melanie59

Post by Melanie59 »

Boxcost wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:51 pm The important question also is what type of NMN delivery method? Lipsomol, Sublingual, etc? As you should need less with better delivery methods like lipsomol.

Resveratrol importantly is it "Trans-Resveratrol"? and delivery method also?

There is a lot of "Resveratrol" supplements that are poor quality, you need to look out for at least:
1. Pharmaceutical-grade
2. Certified 99% pure trans-resveratrol by independent laboratory
3. Micronized for optimal absorption and bioavailability (Particle size: [D-50]: <1.90)
4. Color: white/off-white

Thank you Boxcost! I am taking both NMN and Resveratrol in capsule form the brand name is Toniiq. It's 98% standardized trans resveratrol, their capsules provide some of the purest, most potent polyphenol nutrients available.
Setting a New Standard for Purity to ensure that you are getting the highest-quality product, each batch is tested for quality and purity both during and after manufacturing. Quality, First, and Foremost - Toniiq products are produced in a GMP-certified and NSF-approved state-of-the-art manufacturing facility right here in the USA. Hope this helps. I'm new to these supplements so having this forum helps me so much!
What are your thoughts if any, about introducing Forskolin along with the NMN and Resveratrol?

Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

I had a look at the Resveratrol looks to standard all good, don't forget to take it with food/fat like yogurt, avocado, olive oil, etc. Pepper also helps with absorption. The NMN is powder in a capsule, good quality but not as bio-available against Liposomol and Sublingual delivery methods. I think it would work better for you to match the capsule NMN with Resveratrol.

I don't know much about Forskolin, a quick scan of the web it looks like it has some good evidence and benefits to support its use. Depends on if you are targeting its use for something specific, or general well being?  For me personally it targets or helps with things I don't have or already covering with my diet and other supplements so I would not take it at this stage (but have put it on the radar, thanks for highlighting it).  

My quick review did pick up that Forskolin is known to interact with other medications that can cause severe health problems. So its important to seek medical advice before taking any Forskolin.

Oh and don't forget to take a day or two off per week from NMN and Reveratrol.
Melanie59

Post by Melanie59 »

Thank you Boxcost! I was not aware of skipping doses! Can you explain what the reason behind taking one or two days a week of the supplements off is?
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

Melanie59 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:21 am Thank you Boxcost! I was not aware of skipping doses! Can you explain what the reason behind taking one or two days a week of the supplements off is?

A number of reasons...

1) Its called "Homeostasis"
Where in this case we do not want the body to get too used to something that may impact its own ability to produce.

2) Save money :)

3) Seems to be helpful and not impact 
I have been taking NMN for 2 and 1/2 years, the last 12 months or so I dropped NMN and all other on supplements on one day (Saturday in my case). No impact noted and still feel good. I also dropped Resveratrol a 2 days a week  to give my microbiome a break from it.

We discussed it here before:
viewtopic.php?t=2242

So as as a general principle, taking 1-2 days off a week from ALL supplements. When I get to 70+ YO I will re-evaluate this and of course keep an eye out for any science that provides mores knowledge in this area.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic