ExerciseArticle: "Two Fitness Tips To Promote Longevity, From An Exercise Physiologist"

michaeljkelly

Re: Article: "Two Fitness Tips To Promote Longevity, From An Exercise Physiologist"

Post by michaeljkelly »

MJClark wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:29 am This article is reassuring for me. 

I have very limited time during week days to workout. My wife works as a nurse and gets up at 5:00 AM every morning and I get up when she does. I have 30 minutes to workout and have been doing a weight lifting routine that a trainer friend recommended every other day. This uses a HIIT style format, but with weights and supersets. It is all dumbbell activity at a moderate weight with higher reps (12 to 15) per set. There is a significant focus on explosive load and slow release. (1 count up, 3 to 5 counts down)

On non-weight days, I will do a 30 minute interval jog/sprint/jog exercise or a 30 minute interval peloton ride. 

On weekends, I will have one traditional gym day that is between 60 and 90 minutes long with heavier weights and longer rest periods between sets, and the other will be a longer run, jog, or bike. 

Does posting on a forum count as light exercise? :)

Newage

Re: Article: "Two Fitness Tips To Promote Longevity, From An Exercise Physiologist"

Post by Newage »

michaeljkelly wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:21 pm

I have very limited time during week days to workout. My wife works as a nurse and gets up at 5:00 AM every morning and I get up when she does. I have 30 minutes to workout and have been doing a weight lifting routine that a trainer friend recommended every other day. This uses a HIIT style format, but with weights and supersets. It is all dumbbell activity at a moderate weight with higher reps (12 to 15) per set. There is a significant focus on explosive load and slow release. (1 count up, 3 to 5 counts down)

On non-weight days, I will do a 30 minute interval jog/sprint/jog exercise or a 30 minute interval peloton ride. 

On weekends, I will have one traditional gym day that is between 60 and 90 minutes long with heavier weights and longer rest periods between sets, and the other will be a longer run, jog, or bike. 

Any effort that “ engages the brain” will burn a small number of kilojoules so the more you post, the more weight you lose ... lol 😂 

MJClark

Post by MJClark »

michaeljkelly wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:21 pm

Only if you track it on an Apple watch. 

If you haven't tested, how do you know you are getting the results that you wanted?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic