Miscellaneous TopicsNew to Forum and the Longevity Concept

MJClark

New to Forum and the Longevity Concept

Post by MJClark »

As the title says, I am just getting to this idea of living longer. Call it a mid-life crisis or the realization of "age" after seeing how much my grandfather slowed up when I visited him for the first time in a couple of years. But whatever triggered it, last month I started going deep-dive into the idea of longevity all because of a podcast with Sergey Young, that resulted in reading his book, then 5 others, and now I can’t get enough information.
 I have had an interest in alternative medicine and biohacking in the past, but this is the first time that it has had a real focus. For the past 4 months I have been doing daily workouts (alternating cardio and full body workout) as part of a training program to get ready for an obstacle course race and have been doing intermittent fasting for a while. I just added NMN and Resveratrol to my daily supplement list. Living in the US and not being diabetic, I don’t have access to metformin.
 While my wife (an RN) thinks I am crazy and has no interested in living past 80, my goal is to be able to go out and celebrate 2100 at the age of 122. Having said all that, I am likely to be asking a lot of questions because I want to do all the right stuff to be here and active as long as possible. I also realize right now that I don’t even know what I don’t know, so as I learn new things, it is likely going to trigger additional questions.

If you haven't tested, how do you know you are getting the results that you wanted?
jocko6889

Re: New to Forum and the Longevity Concept

Post by jocko6889 »

Welcome!  You're in the right place.  Feel free to ask any questions you like.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Hi and welcome!
A lot of us here arrived here under precisely the same circumstances. Great to see you already doing the very things that improve our health and set us up for longevity.

As a member of this forum for over 2 years i have learned a LOT from fellow members, fasting, rapamycin, expanding your thermo-neutral zone, broccoli sprouts, inflammation and much much more.

I look forward to hearing how you are doing with your lifestyle switch. I have been very pleasantly surprised at my health gains and even some improvement in appearance.

But the mainstays are definitely the Liposomal NMN and Resveratrol for me, as well as fasting.
Pickleball101

Post by Pickleball101 »

To MJClark,
You might want to start with the posted reference above you of 'Dr. David Sinclair's 24 Discoveries for Anti-aging", and the video interview. Pickleball101
MJClark

Post by MJClark »

Pickleball101 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:28 am To MJClark,
You might want to start with the posted reference above you of 'Dr. David Sinclair's 24 Discoveries for Anti-aging", and the video interview. Pickleball101

Thank you for the suggestion. I will have to check that one out. I watched the interview with Dr. Rhonda Patrick and realized that it was a couple years old, so it will be interesting to see how much has changed since that interview. 
If you haven't tested, how do you know you are getting the results that you wanted?
smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

Welcome to the forum!   :D

I have experienced nothing but improved health, strength, resilience and optimism.

I look forward to hearing about your journey with longevity hobbies and supplements. Unlike everything else I have tried great things happen in a short period of time.

I hope to hear great things about your journey.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

MJClark wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:15 am
Pickleball101 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:28 am To MJClark,

Thank you for the suggestion. I will have to check that one out. I watched the interview with Dr. Rhonda Patrick and realized that it was a couple years old, so it will be interesting to see how much has changed since that interview. 

many of us have been on this forum for over 2 years. New stuff comes in all the time, but there was a steep learning curve in the beginning for me.

Also, there are at least 2 Senolytic studies featuring Fisetin for which it is considered to target senescent cells for autophagy, particularly fat cells, and quite possibly a number of others. The senescent cells serve no purpose, since they have reached the maximum number of cell divisions and are essentially floating inflammation vehicles which can do a lot of damage.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic