NMNNMN and supplementary diet program benefits

AUKC

NMN and supplementary diet program benefits

Post by AUKC »

Is there are information I can read that anyone knows of that discusses the benefits of NMN when used with certain diet programs?

Like fasting, keto, paleo etc.

And generally anything else that works in conjunction with NMN to boost it's effects?

Current Dosages:
200mg Resveratrol
750mg NMN
1000mg L-Arginine
Fred

Re: NMN and supplementary diet program benefits

Post by Fred »

I wrote a proposal of nutrients that would complement NAD precursors like NMN, NR, NAR and NA but that would also work without precursors due to maximising the natural salvage pathways, the recycling of NAM back to NAD that we do all day.

"Roadmap to boosting cellular NAD+ with natural supplements: apigenin, quercetin, leucine etc (NAMPT, PARP1)":

viewtopic.php?f=33&p=191#p191

Also, exercise upregulates NAMPT and boost NAD naturally. I would expect exercise to reduce the unwanted metabolites of unused precursors:

"Aerobic and resistance exercise training reverses age-dependent decline in NAD+ salvage capacity in human skeletal muscle."

https://physoc.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/ ... phy2.14139
AUKC

Post by AUKC »

Ah thank you!

Time to do some reading :)
Current Dosages:
200mg Resveratrol
750mg NMN
1000mg L-Arginine
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Here is another great research article about the ketogenic diet and NAD+.

Ketogenic Diet Modulates NAD+-Dependent Enzymes and Reduces DNA Damage in Hippocampus
Marwa Elamin, David N. Ruskin, [...], and Paola Sacchetti

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6125375/

Happy reading
AUKC

Post by AUKC »

Ah thank you! only just saw this.

I'm really curious now about the exact differences between NMN and NAD+. From my understanding it was just NMN converting to NAD+ after being absorbed in to the body.

So the research applies to both in the same, correct?
Current Dosages:
200mg Resveratrol
750mg NMN
1000mg L-Arginine
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Not exactly but almost. NMN is a precursor to NAD+ and therefore must go through a process in order to change. When we take NMN we can’t guarantee how much will convert to NAD+ but we know that it does convert. So yes these research articles will apply but just remember that these are separate products. Combining NMN and NAD+ will provide the best results.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic