ExerciseKnee pain for 84 year old

CeeJayBee

Re: Knee pain for 84 year old

Post by CeeJayBee »

OMillsPA wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:26 pm 2 years ago, I had bad knee pain.  I started with Drs Best Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM.  6 months later I tried Purity Product's Joint Gel, which is a little different.  Then I combined both - Alternating between the two.  Two years and a month later I am running 4.25 miles, 5 days a week with no pain.  It took over a year to be able to run, as I just walked for a year, but I am doing it now.  My knee was surgically repaired in 1989.  It was fine for about 20 years, then it started to hurt.   I actually ran 1/2 marathons often, a marathon once and many 10ks.   It took me almost 10 years to figure out this solution.  From about 44 to 53 years old.  Just throwing this out there for anyone wanting to try it. 

Very good outcome. Do you know what MSM is? Do you think it was the combination that worked, or the Joint Gel.

OMillsPA

Post by OMillsPA »

I think the Joint Gel works better.  It is more expensive though.  Once I run out of the Dr Best, I will just stay with Purity's Joint Gel.  It's not too pricey if you get it on auto ship.  I guess in my 30's I did Osteo Bi Flex from CVS.  But during a bad time for me I forgot about it and left it go for 10 years.  Then on Thanksgiving two years ago, one of the guests was a physical therapist and we discussed my knee.  It reminded me of the past, so I went home and started looking things up.  I just picked The Dr Best based on reviews and price.  In about 5 months I started noticing some difference.  I then got a special offer for Joint Gel and decided to try it out.  It seemed to work better.  I recently decided to switch between the two daily to get rid of my existing stock.  I'm really trying to cut down on what I am taking and focusing on eating better and losing weight.  But I will stick with something that helps my joints.  You need good joints to stay active.  I also really like the NMN from ABS.  It seems to ramp up the weight loss and recovery time for me.  

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Just following up, after getting the LSG Hyaluronic Acid. My mother has been taking it for 6 weeks. There is a clear benefit to her joints, since she doesn't notice any pain when using stairs.

This is just excellent, I am very pleased.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Thats awesome and glad to hear it works!
Newage

Post by Newage »

canadahealthy wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:34 pm Just following up, after getting the LSG Hyaluronic Acid. My mother has been taking it for 6 weeks. There is a clear benefit to her joints, since she doesn't notice any pain when using stairs.

Good on you canadahealthy. I have just started on my AliveByScience LSG Hyaluronic Acid about a week ago. One more “iron in the fire”

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

canadahealthy wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:34 pm Just following up, after getting the LSG Hyaluronic Acid. My mother has been taking it for 6 weeks. There is a clear benefit to her joints, since she doesn't notice any pain when using stairs.

Terrific news! So many benefits to being able to walk without pain - especially stairs!
OMillsPA

Post by OMillsPA »

My mom will be 87 on Monday.  She had a rough November and December.  She was bleeding and became anemic and needed to have a colonoscopy.  We were finally able to get it done on 12/23/21.  They fixed the problem which was a large pullip.  The whole ordeal took a lot out of her.  First the anemia, then the coloscopy prep, then the surgery itself.  A week later I found out it was not cancer.  We were happy.  But she was still extremely tired.  I decided what the heck and bumped up the Lipo Complete to two pills a day to see what happened.  It's been two weeks, what a difference in her energy and mood this week.  We have been eating a plant-based diet, real healthy, with smoothies of wild blueberry, lemons, oranges, spinach, strawberries, celery, etc.  All real good stuff using almond milk mostly.  Home-made vegetable soup almost every day with lots of onions, garlic, mushrooms, cabbage, beans and mixed vegetables.  I'm actually optimistic that she is going to hang around a while longer.  Crossing my fingers.  At least she is healthier and not bed ridden like a year plus ago.  Last year a week before her birthday I had a priest come to give her confession and communion.  I didn't think she would make it to her birthday.  Here we are a year later and things are much better.  She is down 50 pounds due to our diet changes.  Look's like she is 60 again.  The NMN and Lipo complete helped a lot.  I guess it is never too late to change your fate and to not give up. (I probably should knock on wood - LOL) Oh well, I just wanted to say that I'm thankful.

Newage

Post by Newage »

Good for you and your Mum.. OMillsPA.
You are right in saying it is never too late to try and change your circumstances. Unfortunately a large percentage of the population walk around with blinkers on and are happy to rely on prescription medication etc.. to overcome their health issues. In a lot of cases it ends up “the bandaid effect” just covering up the initial problem.
zara08

Post by zara08 »

Hi,

I am 31 right now and I faced knee injury when I was 16 while I was playing football and it effected from a stretch or tear of the ligaments in and around the knee. It was horrible at that time so I went to pyrotherapy and that moment my knee hurt bad which led no movement of my lower leg,
physiotherapist advised for exercise but I was unable ,
Long story short they used there medical trick's and using force and my knee was in position of moving ,Its been 16 years almost and it still some time hurts,

Reason,

Knee is a body part who has to carry all of body mass so if it is not resting position it may not be fixed,
Proper exercise as prescribed to be done daily if not it wont be working like it used to.

Bad position may hurt knee but it is recoverable ,injured knee may have to take longer steps,

Avoid doing work which cause pain,
Ice for 15 to 20 minutes at a time will reduce discomfort and swelling.
To lessen discomfort and swelling, compression can be beneficial.

Crutches are frequently advised if walking causes discomfort in order to promote optimum healing.

Thank y
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

zara08 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:58 am Hi,

I am 31 right now and I faced knee injury when I was 16 while I was playing football and it effected from a stretch or tear of the ligaments in and around the knee. It was horrible at that time so I went to pyrotherapy and that moment my knee hurt bad which led no movement of my lower leg,
physiotherapist advised for exercise but I was unable ,
Long story short they used there medical trick's and using force and my knee was in position of moving ,Its been 16 years almost and it still some time hurts,

Reason,

Knee is a body part who has to carry all of body mass so if it is not resting position it may not be fixed,
Proper exercise as prescribed to be done daily if not it wont be working like it used to.

Bad position may hurt knee but it is recoverable ,injured knee may have to take longer steps,

Avoid doing work which cause pain,
Ice for 15 to 20 minutes at a time will reduce discomfort and swelling.
To lessen discomfort and swelling, compression can be beneficial.

Crutches are frequently advised if walking causes discomfort in order to promote optimum healing.

Thank y

I agree, to fully rest your injured knee you need to keep the weight off of it, either with crutches or a cane.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic