Renue NAD+ Skin CareInterested in adding Renue to my skincare protocol, but I have some questions.

moshmaNNN

Interested in adding Renue to my skincare protocol, but I have some questions.

Post by moshmaNNN »

Hello everyone, new poster here! :)

I've taken an interest in the research surrounding NAD and its supporting compounds, NMN and Resveratrol. In regards to the skincare products offered by this company, I have some questions with respect to my situation and the nature of the products themselves.

I'll get straight to the point:
Image My info relevant to this post:
  • I am a 33-year-old male.
  • Over the past two years, I dropped from 387-lbs at my highest weight, to now 219-lbs. I'm 6'-3" or 191cm to be exact.
  • I already have a basic streamlined skincare protocol which is the Tiege Hanley Level 3 system [link] that includes an exfoliator, a wash, eye cream, a serum, an AM moisturizer with an SPF, and a PM moisturizer. As a basic skincare package, it's more than enough as a basic easy-to-use package, but it's just that, basic. It doesn't specialize.
  • I have (neither dry nor oily) sensitive skin that can sometimes break out acutely if, for example, I shave too hard or apply skincare products incorrectly.
Image Goals I'm looking to meet with these products:
  • Although I'm anticipating issues coming over the horizon (loose skin), my overall goal is to get ahead of the problem(s) rather than wait and try to make up for lost ground later. For example, I've gone with the level 3 skincare package despite not having a ton of issues this level purports to help solve.
  • The weight loss has been great, and I've been going at a slow calculated pace, but I want an insurance policy against loose skin. Specifically, loose hyoid skin, (the skin undergirding your neck area). There are some potential problem areas in this regard around my abdominal and chest areas.
  • Not incredibly important: there's some acne scarring on my temples, that I've read in other posts on this forum, these products do well to reduce. I don't have issues with wrinkles, just some loose skin that I know will get better as I continue to progress toward my goal weight range and a little acne scarring from when I was young. 
  • I plan on creating a photo journal of my progress if I decide to invest in Renue products for evaluation. I'll make it public if there's any interest.

Image And now, some questions(I'll include a blank template of these bullet points at the end of this section for everyone's convenience if they care to answer anything...)
  1. a) Can I use these products alongside the skincare package I use?
    1. b) Would I replace the serum in my current skincare package with the Renue serum?
  2. These Renue skincare products are expensive. Just one thing of the face serum costs as much as a level 3 entire package from Teige Hanley. Not throwing shade on Renue, but I want to emphasize my questions with this point.
    1. a) I think the two serums, "face" [link] and "body" [link], are my baseline of interest, but where do the other products, the "topical lotion" [link] and "face cream" [link], come in for people? Would I really spend an additional $124.90 on lotion and cream, aside from the $142.90 on serums, to accomplish these goals for my particular situation?
    2. b) How much of each product would I realistically use each day to be minimally efficacious? Would it necessarily be the suggested amount? The face serum says 2 pumps of product each application which would put 25 whole applications in the tank, the body serum would also be 2 pumps which gives it 75 whole applications per container.
    3. c) Do I need to use these AM and PM?
    4. d) Do I need to use these 7 days a week? 
  3. Are the products' effects immediate? Cumulative? Both?
Template:
(1a): 
(1b): 

(2): N/A
(2a): 
(2b): 
(2c): 
(2d): 

(3): 

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and answer any questions I have as I continue to delve into this subject matter. I plan on making a post in a similar vein to this one when I look into introducing NMN and Reseratrol into my supplement protocol.

jocko6889

Re: Interested in adding Renue to my skincare protocol, but I have some questions.

Post by jocko6889 »

moshmaNNN wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:44 am The weight loss has been great, and I've been going at a slow calculated pace, but I want an insurance policy against loose skin. Specifically, loose hyoid skin, (the skin undergirding your neck area).

In my opinion, if the loose skin is from weight loss and not due to aging (you're only 33) then I don't think the RBS products are going to do much.  Loose skin from drastic weight loss would probably need cosmetic surgery (i.e. tummy tuck, neck lift, that sort of thing).  If you had wrinkles or sagging skin from aging skin then I think the RBS products could help.

Boxcost

Re: Interested in adding Renue to my skincare protocol, but I have some questions.

Post by Boxcost »

Firstly I had a quick look at the "SUPER SERUM" you are using and I would say "no contest" when comparing against the Renue Serum's (Face and Body) for quality and science based potency of the ingredients. I would highly recommend Renue. It will help greatly with your acne scars as well, it has had a tightening effect on my own skin but that is 54 year old skin not 33 year old skin.

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

I agree with Boxcast if anything try the Renue serum. The stuff quite amazing and you wont be disappointed. As far as the loose skin, I dont think the serum will make the skin tighter. I would start taking collagen just to support the nutrients needed for your body to repair itself and the skin over time should tighten back. 
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

drkris69 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:19 am I agree with Boxcast if anything try the Renue serum. The stuff quite amazing and you wont be disappointed. As far as the loose skin, I dont think the serum will make the skin tighter. I would start taking collagen just to support the nutrients needed for your body to repair itself and the skin over time should tighten back. 

Great suggestion on collagen. That is unless you are already doing nose to tail animal eating or bone broths (like our ancestors) we all need to include some collagen in our diets. Hydrolyzed form for absorption, preferably bovine grass fed. 

The other one not to forget is LIPO HLA:
https://renuebyscience.com/product/lipo ... -capsules/

RBS recently updated the page. Looks a lot better, nice collection of all the key science and well presented (lots of pics and graphs :)

Collagen and HLA all start to decline from 20 years of age if you start taking a little early (by mid 20's or 30's) in my view is a great insurance policy!
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Yes, collagen  and RBS's HLA are so important and the keys to soft tissue repair.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic