ExerciseHow many people are struggling to keep exercising?

canadahealthy

Re: How many people are struggling to keep exercising?

Post by canadahealthy »

TedB wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:57 pm I've rebooted my treadmill routine. 3-4 times a week, after a 4 month hiatus.

excellent Ted!

Actually so have I.. started with one mile... tonight was my third go. It really helps my brain, i wake up more cheerful.

CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

RobSmith wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:29 am Yeah, just stand on the thing and take a few steps....
and then tomorrow take a few more...

Well I stretched my legs and did a km. Even sweated some!
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

Can't believe it. Did my third 'run' on the treadmill last night and i am looking foreward to doing one tonight.

I will alternate days soon with some muscle work, but will keep this up until i have done an actual aerobic run.
Newage

Post by Newage »

CeeJayBee wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:00 am Can't believe it. Did my third 'run' on the treadmill last night and i am looking foreward to doing one tonight.

I will alternate days soon with some muscle work, but will keep this up until i have done an actual aerobic run.

Good for you CeeJayBee.
We all “crawl before we walk and ultimately run” the running endorphins are wonderful little feel good things. As you say, you are now looking forward to your next run..

jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

CeeJayBee wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:00 am Can't believe it. Did my third 'run' on the treadmill last night and i am looking foreward to doing one tonight.

I'm getting my Nordic Track treadmill tomorrow with iFit membership so I can do live classes, 5k or marathon runs live, or pre-recorded workouts with a trainer.  You can even run using Google maps streetview.  The trainer programs in all the changes of speed, incline, and so forth so you never have to touch anything.  Hoping it will make training indoors a lot more fun.

LiveLong

Post by LiveLong »

Then find a program you feel is tolerable

The only thing I do is Body by Science, which takes me literally 5-8 minutes a week

It arguably maximizes strength training while getting HIIT in 

And then I sauna it up several times a week, which gets heart rate up just as typical exercise does
Newage

Post by Newage »

LiveLong wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:27 am Then find a program you feel is tolerable

The only thing I do is Body by Science, which takes me literally 5-8 minutes a week

It arguably maximizes strength training while getting HIIT in 

And then I sauna it up several times a week, which gets heart rate up just as typical exercise does

“Hail” the sauna…
Winter is approaching in the land down under and saunas become much more inviting and enjoyable.
There’s nothing like a good water run for an hour ( 4 x the resistance with one quarter of the impact) and then dive into a couple of sauna sessions.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic