NMNKidney disease reversal

NewLifeScience

Kidney disease reversal

Post by NewLifeScience »

Hi everyone.
It has been a while since I gave an update on my mother, who is now 87.

SHe is still doing light exercises and had returned to making her own breakfast and doing some chores. Rather than get more frail, she is getting less frail, and only NMN can explaoin that.

2.5 years ago, i checked her blood work report and noticed her kidney GFR (glomerular filtration rate) was just below severe decreased kidney function (the value was at the 30 level). She had been taking ibuprofen for pain and I immediately stopped that (she wasn't abusing them per se, but i hear ibuprofen is horrendous for your kidneys).

The doctor never mentioned this rate.. she is of the opinion that the elderly just have poor organs. No surprises there.

anyway, I checked her values now and she is sitting at 75, or rated at Mildly decreased kidney function.At this rate, I expect the improvements to contunue until she is over the 90 level and has the kidneys of a normal adult.

We've also noticed that she needs to urinate less frequently. 

So this is a big win for NMN. 

LiveLong

Re: Kidney disease reversal

Post by LiveLong »

Good news. Its one of the reasons I'm encouraged to take it. I have mild kidney disease from IGA nephropathy. Don't need it progressing  8-).  Also have a bit of a maternal lineage history with heart disease

Its been known to have possible benefits to the failing of organs
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

NewLifeScience wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:59 pm Hi everyone.
It has been a while since I gave an update on my mother, who is now 87.

SHe is still doing light exercises and had returned to making her own breakfast and doing some chores. Rather than get more frail, she is getting less frail, and only NMN can explaoin that.

2.5 years ago, i checked her blood work report and noticed her kidney GFR (glomerular filtration rate) was just below severe decreased kidney function (the value was at the 30 level). She had been taking ibuprofen for pain and I immediately stopped that (she wasn't abusing them per se, but i hear ibuprofen is horrendous for your kidneys).

The doctor never mentioned this rate.. she is of the opinion that the elderly just have poor organs. No surprises there.

anyway, I checked her values now and she is sitting at 75, or rated at Mildly decreased kidney function.At this rate, I expect the improvements to contunue until she is over the 90 level and has the kidneys of a normal adult.

We've also noticed that she needs to urinate less frequently. 

So this is a big win for NMN. 

That is great news NewLifeScience!

I have my father who has a bad kidneys, had got him onto NMN but he has not been taking it regularly. I let him know the story of your mother, hopefully it will inspire him :)

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

I am not surprised to hear this, but great news NLS!

I have a buddy who simply doesn't follow through with NMN or anything i have gotten him, and he is on dialysis. 

Maybe i will show him this post.
jazzy

Post by jazzy »

Funny that this was mentioned, as i was going over my past medical checkups to look for anything interesting. And while i am still youngish and my kidneys are still functioning at 100% i had noticed the number had been declining each year. Then right as it was going to dip below optimum i start to see this uptrend back up to the levels of my youth. The doctor told me it is just a natural decline with age and theres not much you can do about it, so i was pretty excited to see a reversal in something that doesn't reserve. 

Of course you guessed it the reversal started after i began taking NMN
Newage

Post by Newage »

jazzy wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:28 am Funny that this was mentioned, as i was going over my past medical checkups to look for anything interesting. And while i am still youngish and my kidneys are still functioning at 100% i had noticed the number had been declining each year. Then right as it was going to dip below optimum i start to see this uptrend back up to the levels of my youth. The doctor told me it is just a natural decline with age and theres not much you can do about it, so i was pretty excited to see a reversal in something that doesn't reserve. 

Good for you jazzy. The “proof is in the pudding” as they say..

naruto123

Post by naruto123 »

Amazing. I'm gonna to have to get some blood work done later this year to see if I've improved.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

jazzy wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:28 am Funny that this was mentioned, as i was going over my past medical checkups to look for anything interesting. And while i am still youngish and my kidneys are still functioning at 100% i had noticed the number had been declining each year. Then right as it was going to dip below optimum i start to see this uptrend back up to the levels of my youth. The doctor told me it is just a natural decline with age and theres not much you can do about it, so i was pretty excited to see a reversal in something that doesn't reserve. 

Good to hear it.

This is actually pretty huge.

Thanks to Type 2 Diabetes a lot of people are losing their kidneys when they do not have to. There is nothing in the way of treatment being offered other than a possible transplant when they lose all function and dialysis isn't enough. And even then, they don't claim a transplant will restore you to youthful health.

Imagine if NMN and senolytics could reverse this? How huge is this?
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Hey there Jazzy, can you tell me which markers you are talking about as far as your blood work is concerned? This is interesting... ;)

michaeljkelly

Post by michaeljkelly »

This would definitely help my Dad. He has diabetes type 2, and has been warned that he may start dialysis soon. It would be something, if we could postpone it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic