Miscellaneous TopicsOver two years to get Covid

NewLifeScience

Over two years to get Covid

Post by NewLifeScience »

I don't know how i did it, but i have asymptomatic Covid.

i don't have any symptoms (except extreme paranoia that my mom has it) and my mom is testing negative so far.

I am her sole caregiver, so this will be interesting as I serve her meals wearing a mask and spraying my hands with alcohol.

Mom has been getting LSG NMN and RSV regularly so that should help if she ends up contracting it.

We are both triple vaxxed.

RobSmith

Re: Over two years to get Covid

Post by RobSmith »

The vaccine doesn't stop one from contracting CoVid, it just tells the body how to deal with it when you do catch it. 

If you aren't coughing there must be a low probability of you passing it on. 

Fingers crossed for you and your mother. 
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

RobSmith wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:02 am The vaccine doesn't stop one from contracting CoVid, it just tells the body how to deal with it when you do catch it. 

If you aren't coughing there must be a low probability of you passing it on. 

Fingers crossed for you and your mother. 

Thanks Rob. I hadn't thought of that. I have no symptoms so maybe i won't pass it on. I think if she is negative this coming Saturday i will call it done.

I have proven over the past 2 years that I can run a full degree over in temperature from worrying about it, so i am glad we have the tests now.

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Fingers crossed NLS, it is good you are both triple vaxxed.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Well my mother still is negative. I figure if she is still negative by Sunday, we're in the clear.

lol, she laughs at me for wearing a mask around her.. she doesn't get how serious this could be for someone her age.
Newage

Post by Newage »

NewLifeScience wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 2:31 pm Well my mother still is negative. I figure if she is still negative by Sunday, we're in the clear.

lol, she laughs at me for wearing a mask around her.. she doesn't get how serious this could be for someone her age.

Better to be “safe than sorry” 
There are still people getting very sick from associated illness linked to Covid infection. In some cases it may be that the Covid infection is relatively moderate but something like a bacterial infection accompanies it and that can do the damage to our health. It’s a tricky little fellow, this Covid virus..   :roll:

OMillsPA

Post by OMillsPA »

First off, sorry.

Can someone please tell me how to post a new topic?  

Thanks.
ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON »

OMillsPA wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 4:35 pm First off, sorry.

Can someone please tell me how to post a new topic?  

Thanks.

Hey OMillsPA
So first you choose a category (like Longevity, NMN or Nutrition) from the list below recent posts.. and then the New Topic button should appear top right.

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Well AMAZINGLY I definitely did not pass on Covid to my mother, despite having very mild symptoms of Covid for 6 days.

I now test negative and she is still negative after 8 days of my negative test.

I was reading that early data suggests that it is highly unlikely for a triple vaxxed person to pass Covid to another Triple vaxxed person, although it seemed the person with Covid would be asymptomatic.

But i am glad we got the booster. And mom will get the fourth as well.

I am starting to think this pandemic is winding down for us. As long as variants don't change drastically.

And Mom's regular use of NMN and Resveratrol among other supplements are definitely adding to her protection!
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

NewLifeScience wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:48 pm Well AMAZINGLY I definitely did not pass on Covid to my mother, despite having very mild symptoms of Covid for 6 days.

I now test negative and she is still negative after 8 days of my negative test.

I was reading that early data suggests that it is highly unlikely for a triple vaxxed person to pass Covid to another Triple vaxxed person, although it seemed the person with Covid would be asymptomatic.

But i am glad we got the booster. And mom will get the fourth as well.

I am starting to think this pandemic is winding down for us. As long as variants don't change drastically.

And Mom's regular use of NMN and Resveratrol among other supplements are definitely adding to her protection!

Whew! That is an amazing relief NLS! Glad to hear it. I have been following your mom's progress over the past 2 years with interest, as her situation is somewhat similar to my dad's, although he is about 10 years younger.

If you are in Canada I expect the second booster is available for her. That should really bring her safety up to over 95%.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic