FastingFasting and skin

CeeJayBee

Fasting and skin

Post by CeeJayBee »

So my mother used to have a large number of skin tags around her neck. No big deal, she was early 80s not a big surprise.

But during a tough year with her digestion (long story, it has been solved) meant she lost a lot of weight due to fasting she was forced to do by circumstance, In fact I am convinced NMN protected her from this tough time.

But - she did lose 35 pounds due to this fast and that was over 25 percent of her weight.

I just noticed today... all those skin tags?

Gone.

jessicaP

Re: Fasting and skin

Post by jessicaP »

Fasting is not for everyone, but i have heard of the 40 day water fast.

(eg, NOT endorsing this, just giving an example)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RT4qIO27uw&ab_channel=TomBilyeu

But I have been researching this a lot, obviously fasting raises NAD+ levels and had been proven to improve health. But taken to extremes, it has been shown to do amazing things..

Most of us carry some extra weight. And if you have had an extra 20+ pounds for over 10-15 years - that is dangerous stuff and it will be full of senessent cells. But the senescent cells are not just in our fat tissues - they can be everywhere - skin, kidneys, liver...

So my understanding with the 40 day fast is that if you get through it with a maximum of 500 calories per day, and no more than 15g of protein. That autophagy happens body wide, and you the body just sheds fat, inflammatory material, waste particles in the blood and even your skin can lose skin tags, and rough patches.

If you had weight problems, that fat is pretty much gone. Your body is lean and rejuvenated. Your energy is coming from the consumption of fat, your blood pressure goes down...

There is just no downside if you can take the intense need for concentration and complete boredom.

I know NewLifeScience and TedB had done a 7 day and/or 5 day fast respectively. And they both reported nothing but great results.

But it is the 40 day fast that will give you younger skin.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Fasting for the body is awesome. We really were not programmed to eat as much food as we do as we often over eat. Skin tags are due to consistent insulin spikes or eating way too many carbs. I have a few myself from yrs ago when I was eating too much. Some have disappeared and others Ive had cut off. A nifty remedy is to put Iodine on the skin tags at night before bed. This will shrink them down in size to nothing. Give it a go.. :D

michaeljkelly

Post by michaeljkelly »

you would need to have a pretty relaxed lifestyle to fast that long.
Allice

Post by Allice »

michaeljkelly wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:47 am you would need to have a pretty relaxed lifestyle to fast that long.

Yeah that's true. My sister could fast for a long time because she had no job..

Last edited by Allice on Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
michaeljkelly

Post by michaeljkelly »

Allice wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:41 am
michaeljkelly wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:47 am you would need to have a pretty relaxed lifestyle to fast that long.

Yeah that's true. My sister could fast for a long time because she had no job

Oh dear, I am not sure that would be relaxing at all. I hope things are better for your sister.

I actually do save money by fasting as i do it quite regularly now.
michaeljkelly

Post by michaeljkelly »

Apropo of nothing. I would life to try a five day water fast. 

I don't think I can manage it with Thanksgiving and Christmas to get through, but I would like to try it in January.

I will have one fruit/veggie smoothie shot per day.
Witcher8

Post by Witcher8 »

Fasting can have various effects on the skin:
  1. Improved complexion: Fasting can lead to better blood circulation and detoxification, resulting in a healthier-looking complexion.
  2. Reduced acne: Some people experience a decrease in acne breakouts during fasting, possibly due to reduced inflammation and sebum production.
  3. Hydration challenges: Fasting may lead to dehydration, which can make the skin appear dull and dry. It's essential to stay well-hydrated during fasting.
  4. Sensitivity changes: Skin sensitivity might change during fasting, making it crucial to adjust skincare routines accordingly.
  5. Healing benefits: Fasting has been suggested to promote skin cell regeneration and may aid in the healing of minor skin issues. However, individual experiences may vary, and consulting a healthcare professional is recommended before undertaking any fasting regimen.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic