NutritionBerberine: Can it suppress craving for sugar?

michaeljkelly

Berberine: Can it suppress craving for sugar?

Post by michaeljkelly »

I have been on a wierd binge with sweets.

I don't buy them. My wife does.. And she can ignore cookies for weeks. I can ignore them for a day.

I take berberine when i have sugar, but I wonder if I take a higher dose everyday if it will help me resist.

drkris69

Re: Berberine: Can it suppress craving for sugar?

Post by drkris69 »

LOL, no but it will help with the elevated A1c. You will have to do this with pure will power. ;)

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

michaeljkelly wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:33 pm I have been on a wierd binge with sweets.

I don't buy them. My wife does.. And she can ignore cookies for weeks. I can ignore them for a day.

I take berberine when i have sugar, but I wonder if I take a higher dose everyday if it will help me resist.

I hear ya Michael, and it's worse in the summer... working in the yard. My soda stream water doesn't cut it.

Berberine takes a lot of the consequence of sugar, so maybe we can worry less as we get used to the idea of less.

JanCOhio

Post by JanCOhio »

The best i guess is drinking lots of water and taking berberine or metformin when you are bad.

The one thing I HAVE done that makes me crave sweets less is cardio exercise. If i am doing it regularly, I crave better food.
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

I agree with Jan. I think that cardio exercise eventually demands that we eat better. Also exercise feeds your body and that may give you a more satisfied feeling. That is the way I look at it.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

I am trying something different for this month. I have precooked/grilled pork, beef, chicken and fish.

l I also have several kinds of brick cheese.

And lots of dill pickels.

This month, these will be my go to snacks. No sweets.

I will see if i gain or lose or just maintain weight.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Go for it, You can do it! Do alittle IF as well.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic