NMN4 vaccine shots, mixed plus NMN and RSV... is CoVid still a threat to elderly?

michaeljkelly

4 vaccine shots, mixed plus NMN and RSV... is CoVid still a threat to elderly?

Post by michaeljkelly »

I am just wondering about my grandparents, who are both over 80. Some how they have avoided Covid. They are somewhat frail, but have both been using NMN with Resveratrol (LSG) and have had all their shots.

With Omicron being the dominant strain out there, is it time to just let down the guard?

Infection rates are still significant where they live, and I am sure if they start going back to church and going to stores, that they may eventually get it. I am just wondering if having these shots (Pfizer and Moderna) 4 times would cover them.

I am certainly not holding anyone to their opinion. I am just wondering what you all think?

TedB

Re: 4 vaccine shots, mixed plus NMN and RSV... is CoVid still a threat to elderly?

Post by TedB »

I think it can be a health risk, but with the fourth shot giving 6-7 times more anyibodies and the boost of immunity from NMN i think the risk of serious illness is low.
canadahealthy

Re: 4 vaccine shots, mixed plus NMN and RSV... is CoVid still a threat to elderly?

Post by canadahealthy »

It is hard to be certain. The variants going around seem to be milder. But it is spooky that someone can be triple vaxxed, have already had covid, and still get it again.

The fourth booster does seem to be a game changer for antibodies... hopefully that helps.
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

canadahealthy wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:41 pm It is hard to be certain. The variants going around seem to be milder. But it is spooky that someone can be triple vaxxed, have already had covid, and still get it again.

The fourth booster does seem to be a game changer for antibodies... hopefully that helps.

I have had my third shot (went with Moderna variant as the most potent) back in January, but had not seen any science on benefit for a fourth?

So have been just backing my immune system as it at least knows now what COVID 19 is, so prepared! + in 3 years with boosting my NAD+ - I have not had a sniffle or even a slight sore throat that could not be explained by having recently eaten some hot chili, curry or a spicy laksa :)
ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON »

Boxcost wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:09 am
canadahealthy wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:41 pm It is hard to be certain. The variants going around seem to be milder. But it is spooky that someone can be triple vaxxed, have already had covid, and still get it again.

I have had my third shot (went with Moderna variant as the most potent) back in January, but had not seen any science on benefit for a fourth?

So have been just backing my immune system as it at least knows now what COVID 19 is, so prepared! + in 3 years with boosting my NAD+ - I have not had a sniffle or even a slight sore throat that could not be explained by having recently eaten some hot chili, curry or a spicy laksa :)

There does seem to be evidence that it helps the very aged or immune comprimised. At some point each individual will decide when they have had enough. I would think a new hybrid vaccine would befar superior than just more of the same.

I have had 2 Modernas 1 Pfizer and Covid (one of the Omicron Variants) so i have to think i am good to go.
TedB

Post by TedB »

ChrisBON wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:59 pm
Boxcost wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:09 am

There does seem to be evidence that it helps the very aged or immune comprimised. At some point each individual will decide when they have had enough. I would think a new hybrid vaccine would befar superior than just more of the same.

I have had 2 Modernas 1 Pfizer and Covid (one of the Omicron Variants) so i have to think i am good to go.

I was just surprised when the Canadian Prime Minister with 3 shots caught Covid twice in 6 months. And he is in his late 40s. I know he wasn't sick, but that surprised me.

kathleenmatthews

Post by kathleenmatthews »

Hi-
I just read something on another post that expressed it well - re: the vaccine, boosters, etc. and getting COVID anyway.  Simply stated, the vaccine and boosters do not keep us from getting COVID.  What they do is to help the body deal with the virus once it's in our bodies.  It was confusing for me too, as initially we thought we were 'protected' from getting the virus when getting the vaccine.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

kathleenmatthews wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:44 pm Hi-
I just read something on another post that expressed it well - re: the vaccine, boosters, etc. and getting COVID anyway.  Simply stated, the vaccine and boosters do not keep us from getting COVID.  What they do is to help the body deal with the virus once it's in our bodies.  It was confusing for me too, as initially we thought we were 'protected' from getting the virus when getting the vaccine.

Since my mother is 87 and while she is getting stronger, has only recently recovered enough from being considered 'frail', i would hope that there is soon a new vaccine, rather than just more of the same.

We did mix what she got 2 Moderna and 2 Pfizer. I would like to think she would only get a mild case, but at that age... you  just can't be sure. Thank goodness for summer and the fresh air... we can socialize outside with no real worries.

vauss88

Post by vauss88 »

michaeljkelly wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:07 pm I am just wondering about my grandparents, who are both over 80. Some how they have avoided Covid. They are somewhat frail, but have both been using NMN with Resveratrol (LSG) and have had all their shots.

With Omicron being the dominant strain out there, is it time to just let down the guard?

Infection rates are still significant where they live, and I am sure if they start going back to church and going to stores, that they may eventually get it. I am just wondering if having these shots (Pfizer and Moderna) 4 times would cover them.

I am certainly not holding anyone to their opinion. I am just wondering what you all think?

I am 70, wife 71, disabled son with down syndrome, all vaxxed with pfizer and pfizer booster in October of last year. We all got covid, presumably omicron BA.2, in mid-May. If we hadn't tested, we would have assumed it was just spring allergies, it was that mild. Wife and son had a low fever for 3-4 days, plus congestion. I had sore throat for 4 nights, no fever, some drainage. Interestingly, I lost my sense of smell the day before I tested negative at the end, but it came back completely within a week.

My protocol was to increase certain supplements (NAC, lipo NR), gargle with a mouthwash with hydrogen peroxide 4 times a day to lower the viral load in the upper respiratory tract, and suck on zinc lozenges 4-5 times a day,

Since breakthrough infections increase the antibody level, we plan on waiting until an omicron specific booster shows up in the fall.
michaeljkelly

Post by michaeljkelly »

vauss88 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:40 pm
michaeljkelly wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:07 pm I am just wondering about my grandparents, who are both over 80. Some how they have avoided Covid. They are somewhat frail, but have both been using NMN with Resveratrol (LSG) and have had all their shots.

I am 70, wife 71, disabled son with down syndrome, all vaxxed with pfizer and pfizer booster in October of last year. We all got covid, presumably omicron BA.2, in mid-May. If we hadn't tested, we would have assumed it was just spring allergies, it was that mild. Wife and son had a low fever for 3-4 days, plus congestion. I had sore throat for 4 nights, no fever, some drainage. Interestingly, I lost my sense of smell the day before I tested negative at the end, but it came back completely within a week.

My protocol was to increase certain supplements (NAC, lipo NR), gargle with a mouthwash with hydrogen peroxide 4 times a day to lower the viral load in the upper respiratory tract, and suck on zinc lozenges 4-5 times a day,

Since breakthrough infections increase the antibody level, we plan on waiting until an omicron specific booster shows up in the fall.

That is a good outcome considering how long ago your booster was. That is reassuring, thank you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic